PDA

View Full Version : Time for Tuesday

Ginny B
September 13th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Good morning. Another nice morning here. Yesterday was a beautiful day. I took a walk before work to get myself moving. Monday's always need a bit of a boost. It was a busy day at work and will get busier over the next few weeks. Our department has it's annual Employment Recognition Breakfast. The responses to the invitations will be coming back in soon along with the ads for the events' program.

Even though today isn't Monday, I think I'll take another walk to start the day. Have a good day everyone.

Cathy F
September 13th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Morning all,
As good as it is to get away it's always good to get back home and sleep in your own bed. Today we're up and out early for breakfast with friends. I'm going to have to do some grocery shopping afterward as the cupboards are bare. I hope to get in the sewing room this afternoon to get the binding cut and sewn on my grandson's Christmas quilt, hopefully all will go as planned. Will post a picture when it's done.

Off for breakfast, my stomach is thinking maybe pancakes!

songbird857
September 13th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Morning all...
Beautiful here as well! I'm itching to sew today. gonna work on my Prairie Flower blocks, and start cutting for a lap/throw quilt for a lovely young bride and groom to be... I've settled on a pattern, and it shouldn't take too long, as it's modern - mostly wholecloth with a vertical band of piecing, off center.
Other than that, I've got to tighten up some song lyrics for practice tonight (we're playing Saturday), and I've got to start working on 3 other songs for a gig in a few weeks. That one should be alot of fun - a Superband of sorts, since it's a collaboration of musicians who don't get to work together usually.
OK... off and running - have a great day everyone!

MayinJerset
September 13th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Loving this cooler weather, makes me feel energized. PT around noon, food shopping afterwards and then sewing up some more pillowcases should make a big dent in my new found energy. Found a yard of a great Superman fabric that will make a super pillowcase for some kid. Time for another cup of coffee.

peggiep
September 13th, 2016, 09:30 AM
MornIng Everyone....its been a slow start to the morning today since I fell back to sleep after walking the dog at 5 a.m. Now I have to rush because I have to get the laundry done and hanging on the line before I leave to go bowling. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to sleep in!

Have a great day everyone....hugs and prayers

seaturtle
September 13th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Good morning,

We had a little bit of rain yesterday and it cooled things down a few degrees. Weatherman says not to worry - we'll get back up there in a day or so. I have a trip to the Dr. planned for the morning, then headed to the grocery store. Hope to find some time in the afternoon to finish binding a quilt that's been laying around for a while.

Have a great day everyone!

WendyI
September 13th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Morning everyone! Woke with a bit of a headache today so having my morning Matcha tea to try and combat it. Fingers crossed. Fall is certainly here and I love it. It's by far and away my favourite time of year. It's hard because I know winter follows, but I so enjoy the cooler weather, the fall colours of the trees, and the lovely night breezes.

Tonight Liam and I will be helping out a friend moving furniture in her apartment so new carpets can be installed after a recent flood due to a faulty air condenser. Then a few groceries. Liam's birthday is coming so have to figure out what to get him. He is at such a tough age...and spoiled so never really wants for anything...which makes it hard to surprise him...and expensive! lol!

Well should get caught up on the forum and then get to work. Hopefully the advil will kick in soon. Sending love and hugs to all in need! xoxo

Monique
September 13th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Good morning (6:46 here). Having coffee in a cabin this morning! After the most harrowing trip through the mountains yesterday we needed a good rest. The drive started pretty good but there was construction and NO barriers, a thousand feet down a valley on my side of the road, Les almost crapped his pants! Stressing for both of us! Today we are headed to Edmonton! We may take a trip to fort McMurray to see friends!

Have a good day friends.

Navy Wife
September 13th, 2016, 07:24 PM
It's still hot in east TN. The humidity is down some, so it does feel better. The weekend was beautiful. #2 son and DIL stopped by Sunday with BBQ for dinner. We were able to eat on the porch with the fans going. West Nile Virus has arrived, so we have to stay away from mosquitoes. We don't have many, especially since it has been so hot and dry.

DH and I spent the morning at the fair. It's free day for seniors, so there were lots of walkers, wheelchairs, and canes. Makes me thankful that we are not there yet. DH entered 3 of his paintings, and got a 3rd place and 4th place ribbons. It's his 1st time entering a contest, so he was pleased (I think he thought he would do better). I checked out all the quilts, and I should have entered some of mine. The Best of Show was spectacular, but most of the rest were nothing outstanding.

I almost have my sewing room put back together. We bought a new bed (It is also the guest room), and I realized there was a gallon of cat hair behind the furniture. I should be able to finish it tonight. Tomorrow the piano tuner comes.