PDA

View Full Version : Random Fur Baby Thoughts......

pcbatiks
September 12th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Pandabear and I must be on the same wave length! I was about to post a Random topic and saw that Pandabear had posted a story about her fur baby.......that's what the subject was going to be today! :D

Don't forget to read her post. It's a cute story.

A lot of us have fur babies......dogs, cats, goats, horses...... They make our lives happier and they always make us laugh. Please share a story or two of something your pet does or has done in the past that made you laugh, smile, cringe, or shake your head in amazement.

And thanks to all who have been participating in the Random Deep Thoughts post everyday. It's been fun reading everyones stories.

Lori63
September 12th, 2016, 01:49 PM
We have two ragdoll/maine coon mix cats. We don't let them in our bedrooms, but they listen to hear if the door latches and if they don't hear the click, they know they can push on the door until it opens.

geegeequilts
September 12th, 2016, 02:30 PM
We have 2 Cocker Spaniels that are half brothers (different mothers-same father). Bailey is the bigger of the 2 weighing in at about 40 lbs. When he was smaller & younger he started upstairs. Got stuck between 1st & 2nd step. You guessed it...he couldn't make it & cried. After he got bigger & older whenever "Daddy" came home & went to sit in his recliner Bailey would come flying from wherever he was & jump in Daddy's lap just as he leaned back. One day the lean back & Bailey's jump caused chair,Daddy & Bailey to flip backwards onto the floor. You just had to be there to see Daddy's reaction....priceless!! Now, Bailey still does the meet & greet with Daddy but now he does the cutest thing..he puts front paws on top of daddy's shoulders (hug) & slathers him with kisses ( read that as lick whereever he can reach) & then lays his head on his shoulder. Everyboby say, Awwwwwww.

Gina

pcbatiks
September 12th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Our dog Zoe that we used to have could sneeze on command. It was hysterical.....you could say "Zoe, can you sneeze?" and then I would make a sneezing sound & then watch her face. I could tell when the sneeze was coming because her nose would wrinkle a little.......and then she would sneeze! So cute........I miss that goof ball.

Our dog Scout is a perfect example of our fur babies putting us in a routine. A while back I let Scout outside before bedtime like we usual do. This particular night I decided to give her a treat when she came back inside. The next night she waited in the kitchen for her treat......looking at me and then the cabinet where the treats were! :D Now it's a nightly thing! One night I was distracted.....I let her inside, locked the door and went to the bedroom. A few minutes later I was wondering where she was. I found her laying in the kitchen facing that cabinet waiting for me to give her a treat. :icon_shake:

Gina.....Bailey sounds adorable!

Here's another fun thread from a few years ago......hope you enjoy!

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=21742&highlight=kleptomaniac

mischiefkat
September 12th, 2016, 03:07 PM
My son has a Springer Spaniel who is absolutely crazy. Son got him from a shelter. Dog hates other dogs, cats,etc, and don't ring son's doorbell. So far the dog has jumped out the partial open passenger window of son's truck after the dog in the next car. Thankfully, it was at a red light. Son had one of those retractable leashes on the dog, the handle part of it stuck and wouldn't go out the window. Leaving the dog hanging, down the side of the truck. Tied up traffic for a bit while son was rescuing the dog. He has torn the carpet up at the slider, trying to get at the dog in the glass. , Dog jumps straight up&down like his legs were pogo sticks He did this for the vets amazement. Stashed son's duty belt under the bed, while son was getting ready for work. When the dog comes to my house, he makes one pass through looking for my cat. ,When he doesn't find her he sits at the door until my son is ready to leave. He loves my son, so I guess that's good. Kathy

shirleyknot
September 12th, 2016, 03:17 PM
My Chow "pays" for her dinner every night, by bringing me a small rock. She will hold it til I fill her bowl, then drops t by the food bin and heads for her eating place. Never taught her this, but she's done it for several years. And she does understand what she's doing, because sometimes she brings one in the morning, wanting a bit of breakfast, which is not usual routine.

mischiefkat
September 12th, 2016, 03:21 PM
Second story. My friend has both dogs and horses. Every time friend goes for a ride , her German Shepherd runt jumps on the horses back behind her. She stands on the horses rump, puts her front paws on friends shoulders,and looks out over friends head as they ride off. When she gets tired,she sits with her paws against friends back. People going by on the hard road have stopped to watch this spectacle. Kathy

Cool Breeze Quilter
September 12th, 2016, 04:23 PM
I'm enjoying everyone's fur baby stories. One of our dogs used to stand behind the couch (it wasn't against the wall, more centered in the room if you know what I mean) and bounce up and down sometimes with her favorite big toy in her mouth. She smiled and had the happiest, silliest look on her face when she did this. She looked like she was dancing so whenever we told her to dance she'd go to her spot and "dance." It was so cute. When we told her to sing she would start howling. She was our dancing and singing girl.

Cool Breeze Quilter
September 12th, 2016, 04:28 PM
My aunt & uncle had a Collie when I was a kid. She was ever so gentle and sweet. She loved children and was protective of them. One day a bunch of the kids went down to the pond and they were heading out onto the ice. The ice was notfrozen all the way through. It wasn't safe. She started barking to stop the kids. But they wouldn't stop. She tried blocking them. They kept going. She tugged on their coats to stop them. Still they kept heading towards the unsafe ice. So she ran ahead of the kids and got on the ice. She fell through and that is how she got her point across. She was not hurt and got home safely.

MayinJerset
September 12th, 2016, 04:57 PM
I enjoyed all the Fur Baby posts so far but this one I love, this Collie sounds like Lassie.

My aunt & uncle had a Collie when I was a kid. She was ever so gentle and sweet. She loved children and was protective of them. One day a bunch of the kids went down to the pond and they were heading out onto the ice. The ice was notfrozen all the way through. It wasn't safe. She started barking to stop the kids. But they wouldn't stop. She tried blocking them. They kept going. She tugged on their coats to stop them. Still they kept heading towards the unsafe ice. So she ran ahead of the kids and got on the ice. She fell through and that is how she got her point across. She was not hurt and got home safely.

shirleyknot
September 12th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Second story. My friend has both dogs and horses. Every time friend goes for a ride , her German Shepherd runt jumps on the horses back behind her. She stands on the horses rump, puts her front paws on friends shoulders,and looks out over friends head as they ride off. When she gets tired,she sits with her paws against friends back. People going by on the hard road have stopped to watch this spectacle. Kathy

When I was young, I had a part Shepherd, part Rat Terrier that would do the same thing. But he usually waited til he got tired running alongside.

Carolnnc
September 12th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Last year about this time we found a very young kitten in our chicken pen. We joke that she thinks she is a chicken. She follows the chickens everywhere, eats the table scraps with them and roosts on the end of the 2x4 we use for a roosting pole (she sits at the same end every night). It's so cute to go out at night with a flashlight and count "all" the chickens.

Caroline T.
September 12th, 2016, 06:00 PM
When I was very young, we had a black lab "Max" that use to follow us kids when we would go fishing at the lake down the road. When Max would get bored watching us fish, he would go swimming and catch a duck. He would carry the duck home completely unharmed, but pissed as all get out, where Mom would make him drop it, then she would feed Max, and feed the duck. Eventually this happened so often, that the ducks started gathering around Max at the lake, waiting! And when it was time to go home, there would be Max leading a parade of ducks.

shirleyknot
September 12th, 2016, 07:15 PM
I guess you can train ducks, too! :lol:

mischiefkat
September 12th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Ducks are a riot. They are so funny in their interactions with each other and have such personality. If there is a feather friends thread, I"ll tell a duck story. Kathy

tamsterg7
September 12th, 2016, 08:31 PM
We have had 4 dogs (we always have 2 at a time) since we have lived in our home. The first was an Old English sheepdog, Daisy. We have a mail slot in the door, and the mailman would stick the mail in and jiggle it before it dropped on the floor. I don't know if he was trying to manuver it in, or teasing her, but as soon as the flap creaked up she was on it, shredding it like it was her j.o.b! Well, she taught the 'free' puppy our daughter brought home from college (that is now my buddy), and then the first Wheaten, learned from him, and now Oshie, our second Wheaton who is crazy as a mad hatter. Needless to say, the inside of my front door has been attacked so often it is ridiculous.

Daisy, the sheepdog was a piece of work too. Sweet as could be but stubborn as heck. She ate EVERYTHING when she was a pup - daughters panties (hacked them up at the groomers, and they saved them in a baggie in case we wanted tham - uhm no!), 5lb bag of potatoes, bucket of crawdads (she always fished with me), every bootie our youngest had ended up in a poo pile (never had 2 socks that matched), and a crisp $50 bill I left on the table for daughter going on a trip. It might sound like I was a bad Mom, but she was fast and sneaky! She could grab those infant booties while you had babies butt in the air doing a change, and was off before you could do anything! I got the first Wheaten thinking he was sort of like a sheepdog, but calmer HAHAHAH - Definitely not! We laigh and say we have to keep them because nobody else would put up eith them. And - all but the free puppy have been to formal obedience school....and flunked!

pcbatiks
September 12th, 2016, 08:52 PM
Ducks are a riot. They are so funny in their interactions with each other and have such personality. If there is a feather friends thread, I"ll tell a duck story. Kathy

Kathy, you can tell your duck story here......fur......feathers........it doesn't matter. :D We would like to here the duck story.

Granny Judy
September 12th, 2016, 09:13 PM
My cocker Spaniel loved to go everywhere with me... And I loved to go fishing.. need less to say I had trouble keeping Tuffy on the dock or bank with me.. everytime My bobbin would do a little bounce (fish nibbling on the bait) He was in the water and hauling the line back to me. One summer he caught more fish than I did..

I was always afraid to get the hook in him.. but never did.

shirleyknot
September 12th, 2016, 09:35 PM
My friend calls her JRT a Jack Russel Terrorist.

mischiefkat
September 12th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Ok. Daughter has twin boys, goats, ducks,chicken,cats,dogs and just recently a piglet. Ducks & goats are my favorite. Second year she had ducks, was bone dry here. Pond was so low it was more of a street puddle. The newest ducks learned to swim in a big plastic pool in the chicken yard. Six months or so passed and the pond was finally and deep enough for duck swimming. SIL picked up the Drake one Sunday morning and headed for the pond with all the ducks following behind. SIL tossed him in the pond and the ducks followed. They swam around for about 5 minutes, then started climbing out on the edge of the pond the . There was a great deal of loud quacking and beak poking. Finally, the drake climbed up the bank out onto the grass,waddled across the yard, and up the side of the house with all the ducks behind. Stopped when he got to the back corner of the house, looked left then right. Saw the chicken coop, turned right and he and his entourage disappeared behind the house. SIL sprinted across the yard and arrived at the chicken coop just it time to open the door to let them in. Where they got into the big blue pool for a swim. We had a good laugh. Kathy

asta
September 12th, 2016, 10:48 PM
My dear fur baby just came in the house with some of the worst breath ever! What do you think he got into in our back yard?

My onion patch!

mischiefkat
September 12th, 2016, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=asta;906866]My dear fur baby just came in the house with some of the worst breath ever! What do you think he got into in our back yard?

My onion patch![/.
Is he a Lab? Daughters lab eats anything. I think they make doggie mouthwash. Good luck getting him to smell better. Kathy

Pandabear
September 13th, 2016, 01:11 AM
I have three dogs. I think when we adopted the youngest he learned most of his behaviors from the other two dogs AND the cat. He learned to sleep on the back of the couch like the cat. 70 lb dog and 8 lb cat laying nose to nose for a nap in the sun is the cutest thing.

Someone up thread mentioned her dog giving hugs. My chocolate lab does the same thing. Puts his paws around your shoulders and lays his head against you. He'll also give our oldest dog a hug by putting his paws around him and laying his head on the older dog's head.

But for fun stories... Yeah, the youngest dog takes the cake. A couple weeks ago he learned how to get into the porch swing and now sits and swings when he feels like it. He can work the lever for the fridge door ice machine. We have to keep it locked. He shoves his nose into the lower cabinet turnstile so he can lick the peanut butter jar. Ended up reorganizing the kitchen a little when I found that out. Keeping the bathroom door closed when showering is a must, else he joins you.

He steals the tennis balls that the chocolate lab loves to fetch. And hides them beneath his body while the other dog goes searching for it. So he can be a bit evil too.

His stories are endless.