PDA

View Full Version : My dog is weird. Then again, when aren't they.

Pandabear
September 12th, 2016, 12:47 PM
I live in the flight path of military helicopters. Been here over 10 years. Today my middle dog decided to run the length of the yard, barking, 'chasing' the helicopter. He's never done it before. The only thing different today is that I gave the dogs some new bones to chew.

I guess he was protecting his stuff from those big old helicopters!

pcbatiks
September 12th, 2016, 01:09 PM
I think you are right.....he must have been protecting his stuff.......or he wanted to "play" with the helicopters!

Our dog used to occasionally chase birds flying over head....way over head!

K. McEuen
September 12th, 2016, 01:21 PM
I used to have a wire haired fox terrier or as I referred to her a fox terror, that would attack the lawnmower, lifting it off the ground by the front wheel while we mowed. This was a 12 pound dog! That one wheel looked like it has gone through a meat grinder. She also went after the weedeater. We lived on the Air Force base and she would also run in circles looking up in the air and barking at the helicopters. I often thought they would hover over the backyard just to watch that crazy dog.

shirleyknot
September 12th, 2016, 03:12 PM
You should try living in the path of low-flying C-130's. Things fall off shelves, horses run through fences, cat hides under the couch. Dog? She don't care................

Hulamoon
September 12th, 2016, 08:36 PM
I had a Jack Russell and talk about crazy. I was taking the girls down to the bus stop, I would say about 1/4 mile. He jumped through the railing four feet down and chased us to the bus stop.

Then he picked a fight with a horse. A lady was riding by and he went out and tried to bite his feet. At first it was funny but the horse (and rider)got really annoyed. It was all I could to find a stick and wack him. Not hard, but enough to jolt him out of this obsession he was in. Wore us all out. lol

AuntieVic
September 12th, 2016, 09:09 PM
Too funny. Fur babies are our protectors.

I have a cat, and he is a guard cat. Some family members think he is crazy, and I just keep telling them, "No he is just protecting me". when the mail person walks by the house, he gets up to the window and growls and hisses.