PDA

View Full Version : Iron Quilter Entry

tfrankum
December 16th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Anyone else still working on their Iron Quilter entry? Right now my machine is on my quilt frame, giving me fits while I'm trying to finish a quilt for a customer. I was so excited to get to do this challenge, and now I'm afraid I won't get it finished. Can we enter just a quilt top or does it have to be completed?

Loonwatcher
December 16th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Good question. Because I know I'll get my top done but I don't know about quilting it - definately not time to send it out and I've never quilted a quilt on my home machine before; I'd probably ruin it.

So Jenny......does it have to be completely finished or woudl a completed top be sufficient?

K. McEuen
December 16th, 2011, 06:23 PM
The instructions say "a completed project." I don't think a top is considered a completed project.

pdjewelrylady
December 16th, 2011, 06:37 PM
I was not able to play in the challenge but yes i think Karen is right - says "completed" and that means quilted and bound. :icon_cool:
I am looking forward to seeing what your very creative ladies have come up with!! YAY!! :)

Loonwatcher
December 16th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Complete it shall be. May just get tied though.

Loonwatcher
December 27th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I wrote to MSQC and Sarah emailed back and said a finished top is sufficient. Does not have to be sandwiched, quilted and bound. I'm going to photo the binding and backing material too; it just won't be put together.

Sewbee
December 27th, 2011, 08:07 PM
That is interesting Nancy. I figured I was the only one panicking about running out of time! It's good to know that a finished top can be submitted if necessary. I am still hoping to get mine done if I can though. Just finished the top and sandwiched the backing and batting yesterday. Hope to start machine quilting it tonight. With a little luck I should have it completed including binding by Saturday. I think the overall appearance of a quilt is at its best when both the quilting and binding are done.

The holidays have been so busy that I couldn't get started on it til 2 weeks ago. Plus I have the bad habit of changing my original plans midway through the project! It's funny though how having a deadline really pushes me to get the quilt completed. Maybe I should put a deadline on all my UFOs! :)