• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tfrankum
    The Guild President
    • Apr 2010

Iron Quilter Entry

Anyone else still working on their Iron Quilter entry? Right now my machine is on my quilt frame, giving me fits while I'm trying to finish a quilt for a customer. I was so excited to get to do this challenge, and now I'm afraid I won't get it finished. Can we enter just a quilt top or does it have to be completed?
  • Loonwatcher
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2011

Re: Iron Quilter Entry

Good question. Because I know I'll get my top done but I don't know about quilting it - definately not time to send it out and I've never quilted a quilt on my home machine before; I'd probably ruin it.

So Jenny......does it have to be completely finished or woudl a completed top be sufficient?
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

• K. McEuen
      Super Moderator
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2011

The instructions say "a completed project." I don't think a top is considered a completed project.
      K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

• pdjewelrylady
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2010

I was not able to play in the challenge but yes i think Karen is right - says "completed" and that means quilted and bound.
        I am looking forward to seeing what your very creative ladies have come up with!! YAY!!
        Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
        hugs, Suzi
        http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
        it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

• Loonwatcher
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2011

Complete it shall be. May just get tied though.
          ;)Nancy

Comment

• Loonwatcher
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2011

I wrote to MSQC and Sarah emailed back and said a finished top is sufficient. Does not have to be sandwiched, quilted and bound. I'm going to photo the binding and backing material too; it just won't be put together.
            ;)Nancy

Comment

• Sewbee
              The Guild President
              • Sep 2010

That is interesting Nancy. I figured I was the only one panicking about running out of time! It's good to know that a finished top can be submitted if necessary. I am still hoping to get mine done if I can though. Just finished the top and sandwiched the backing and batting yesterday. Hope to start machine quilting it tonight. With a little luck I should have it completed including binding by Saturday. I think the overall appearance of a quilt is at its best when both the quilting and binding are done.

The holidays have been so busy that I couldn't get started on it til 2 weeks ago. Plus I have the bad habit of changing my original plans midway through the project! It's funny though how having a deadline really pushes me to get the quilt completed. Maybe I should put a deadline on all my UFOs!
              Linda
              -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X