PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

Ginny B
September 11th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Good morning all. It's cloudy and a bit breezy here this morning so we will not head down to the beach this morning. I have a bunch of things I'd like to work on in my sewing room so that's ok with me. And dh said he is making chicken marsala for dinner today so I don't need to cook. I think I will prep tomorrow's dinner though - stuffed peppers. Then tomorrow all that needs to be done is pop it in the oven.

Yesterday my sister and I and my two eldest sons took a trip to see my sons new home and explore the area a bit. It's very peaceful up there. We had a very nice day.

This morning, of course, my thoughts are with all those who lost loved ones 15 years ago today. Last evening as my sister and I were leaving the house in Brooklyn and stepped outside, the 9/11 Memorial lights were shining up into the night sky. We both realized at the same time that this would be the last time we saw them from our stoop. We stopped for a moment and just reflected on them.

Hoping everyone has a good day today.

Lyndaj
September 11th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Today I need to bind, label and wash the two children's quilts I have been working on. Down the home stretch now. Looking forward to packaging and sending to Vancouver tomorrow. It's been a long 6 weeks.

Cathy F
September 11th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Morning all,
Had a great weekend relaxing and visiting with quilt friends that I usually only get to see once a year at quilt retreats. I'm spending some time near Saratoga, NY my sister has given me her condo to use and it's been great.
Yesterday I went to her house and we spent some sister time together and in her sewing room. Friday I met up with a gal I know from a quilt retreat and we had lunch together and she introduced me to a new quilt shop right near where I'm staying. What more could be the ending to a perfect day!
Picked up my grandson's Christmas quilt from the longarmer I'm thrilled with how it turned out. Gave her two more to do and hopefully they'll be done in 6-8 weeks ( her baby is due next week so we'll see when she gets back in her shop).
Weather has been very pleasant and we were able to enjoy a barbeque at my sister's. Leaving for home tomorrow time flew by too quickly up here, but she's offered the condo to us for a month as there is no tenant in it so my husband and I will be back on and off next month can't wait. Next time the sewing machine comes with me!

seaturtle
September 11th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Beautiful weather in Georgia this morning. I need to spend time this afternoon finishing a binding on the holiday quilt and then begin gathering supplies to pack for the Birthday Bash & forum retreat. I am very excited to be going this year. We will travel up through Paducah so I can stop and visit the quilt museum. I've never been to it before.

We will also have my DGS for a few days this week while his parents are out of town for work. And my DS basketball season is already under way with fall ball games on Saturdays and Mondays. I do love the fall and all of its structured activities after a long, lazy summer.

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 11th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Good morning all! On this day of memorials, I recalled the day 15 years ago and where and what I was doing. I was the principal of a small Catholic school in rural Missouri. My instinct led me to protect my students, both physically and emotionally. I talked to the older students about what had happened, but let the parents of the younger ones broach the subject as the parents felt appropriate once they got home. We had no TV hook up in the school and this happened before smart phones, so we had a definite information lag on what was happening. I could barely believe it when the news came that the towers had fallen. Our students processed their feelings on the subject through art classes in subsequent weeks. Many memorialized the event with some very poignant paintings and sculptures. This was a time in my teaching career when I felt my role as teacher was so very important, teaching not only curriculum but how to get through the trials of life.

Got through my costume fittings and photoshoot yesterday. The actors were so excited to see and try on their costumes, and they all looked great! They were a most appreciative group as most made it a point to thank me for the costumes! Yay! No divas!

Have a great day!

MayinJerset
September 11th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Still in a glow from yesterday's visit & lunch with my sisters. Sister Carol is a fairly new quilter and she's excited that her guild's meetings will begin again next Saturday. I offered her to go through my stash to pick out anything she liked but she declined as she works on one project at a time. I've put aside several small quilts/wall hangings that I've made over the years for guild challenges that I was planning to PIF to others, so I asked sisters if they knew anyone who was an Elvis fan. Turns out one of their good friends is so I gave them the Elvis one I made several years ago. I know this gal from meeting her and her husband at my sisters homes homes over the years so I was happy to PIF to her. Don't have a photo of it on this computer, it's nothing praise worthy but what's the use of keeping it the closet when it can be enjoyed a bit by someone else.

Back to the sewing room today to see if I can fixed whats wrong with Mr. Pfaff - if I'm not successful he goes to the shop for a check up.

Thinking of that history changing tragic day, DH was gathering clothes to bring to the victims when we heard the towers were collapsing. We joined many others along the beach on the bay across from Manhattan but all we could see was a smoky fog where the towers had been.

KarenC
September 11th, 2016, 12:54 PM
Good morning all. Just came home from mass and remembering all who lost their lives 15 years ago, as well as all those serving today to help protect our freedoms. May our prayers for peace one day eliminate the evil around us. I will be spending the day binding DS's quilt and am considering taking time out to whip up a COC quilt for a coworker who is undergoing treatment.

Navy Wife
September 11th, 2016, 02:21 PM
It is a beautiful day in East Tennessee. We had some rain from a cold front last night, and it has cooled down a little bit. Still in the 80's, but that's better than 95!

We talked a lot about 9/11 at church this morning. It was a long morning for DH and I. Our youngest was stationed at the Pentagon. We didn't know whether he was OK for about 2 hours. We finally got word from DIL that she had found him. We talked to him the next day, but I was nervous until we were able to drive up to DC the end of Oct. I just had to see him and hug him!

PatinValrico
September 11th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Just got back from church and it is a beautiful day in FL. Memories still flood back on these days of September. My brother was flying for American Airlines and has a flight out of Dallas to NY that morning. Lots of stress until we confirmed he was grounded in DFW. Lost a bunch of friends who were in the Secret Service office that morning. On September 10, 2004 one of my daughters was killed in a head on accident with a drunk driver. Our granddaughter was 3 and suffered all limbs broken and TBI. We are raising her and count her as one of our blessings every day. Have a peaceful day everyone, enjoy your Sunday.