PDA

View Full Version : My Doggie had Surgery

KatiesQuiltingCorner
December 16th, 2011, 10:11 AM
My little corgi Basil had his knee operated on this week to repair his torn ACL and now he's recovering at home. He HATES being penned up away from the other dogs but we have to do that for a few weeks at least. Last night I gated him into my sewing room with me and threw some rugs down on the floor so he could relax while I sewed.

I feel so bad for him!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7167/6520566741_0c4e12b320_m.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7019/6520567997_e16c0e8ee2_m.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2190/5731544135_a4ce8d7e58_m.jpg

I'm hoping he bounces back quickly. The next 8 weeks will be interesting.

Sharon G
December 16th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Awww, dear Basil. I hope he is recovering well. That's really tough surgery for a little dog.
Nice to have him close while he is fragile. Hugs Basil :icon_wave:
I have an older collie, Angus, who is recovering at the moment from oral surgery to remove some damaged teeth. He seems to be doing just fine. He has been at my side for the past couple of days. Since they don't really know the reason for their predicament I guess it's reassuring for them just to know you are there.

KatiesQuiltingCorner
December 16th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Awww, dear Basil. I hope he is recovering well. That's really tough surgery for a little dog.
Nice to have him close while he is fragile. Hugs Basil :icon_wave:
I have an older collie, Angus, who is recovering at the moment from oral surgery to remove some damaged teeth. He seems to be doing just fine. He has been at my side for the past couple of days. Since they don't really know the reason for their predicament I guess it's reassuring for them just to know you are there.

Aww! Poor Angus! Is he still able to eat ok? Hate it when our babies are in pain and they don't know why.

rebeccas-sewing
December 16th, 2011, 11:18 AM
You two are such good mommy's. Lucky pups! Hope they recover soon.

K. McEuen
December 16th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Keeping him down and resting for a few weeks is going to be tough. Corgi's are little fireballs, always seem to be doing something.

janluna
December 16th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Blessings on Basil and Angus. I hope they both will do fine. My TJ had the same knee surgery and did so well after that he was like a new dog. He started running and playing again very quickly and was fine for the rest of his life. I miss him so much. And of course my Smokey. Smokey's brother Max is still missing his brother. He only sleeps on Smokes bed now. I think he can still smell he brother and misses him. He has failed in health since Smoke's passing and is having a hard time getting around. His poor old legs are hurting from Arthritis so we have to slip him meds in his dinner everyday to help the pain.
They become our children after our children have grown and left home to make their own way in the world. Blessings on all our precious puppies. Hugs, Jan L.

CrazyMtnLady
December 16th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I hope Basil and Angus both get well soon. I know how attached we can get with our four-legged children. I took Gator in to have his teeth cleaned and I worried like a new mother the whole time. When I picked him up the vet said he had to pull 6 teeth. They were baby teeth that never came out and were behind his permanent ones and so he had gunk in between them. That was a year ago and it is time to get his teeth cleaned again. His breath could stop an elephant!!!!!!!

God Bless Basil and Angus.

HandsOffItsMine
December 16th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Ahhh, poor Basil and Angus. Sure hope Basil recovers soon. Our pets are like our children. Hang in there playing nurse!

Loonwatcher
December 16th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Awww...poor Basil. Hope he heals quickly and can get back with his buddies. He's a cutie.

quiltingtrish
December 16th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Awww - give him some extra doggy treats while he is recouperating!

Hugs,

Nena
December 16th, 2011, 11:52 PM
OOOHHhhh I hate when our two legged and our 4 legged babies are sick or hurt!!!!! They are in my prayers as well!!!

phoots
December 17th, 2011, 04:19 AM
My love to Basil and Angus!! I love animals so that it hurts when they're hurt. I have two cats that I adore. One has allergies so she gets a special treat twice a day with her allergy pill. Mom's, take care of your babies!!!
Pam

BellasQuilts
December 17th, 2011, 01:05 PM
What a cutie! Poor baby being cooped up; I'm sure he will hate it. Hoping his legs heals up quick so he can run and play again soon.

lawork1211
December 17th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I hope he gets better fast! I had a similar problem this week with my Zoey (pomeranian). She like to jump like she has a pogo stick as a rear end. She cam down wrong and had an emergency trip to the vet for a ruptured disc. She has been a great little patient this week, except all she wants is to lie next to you on the couch. We can't leave her alone as she is used to jumping on and off furniture (BIG NO NO now). My mom has been staying up nights with her so that she has someone to sit with. My grandmother even came over to puppy sit when my mother and I had a Christmas party to go to. Luckily, she is starting to walk a little better again. I hope you have as good an out come! Zoey is finally was able to lay in her bed this morning, so I think everyone should be able to sleep tonight!

meemeecyn
December 17th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Here's to a quick recovery and lots of sewing accomplished!
Cynthia

Sharon G
December 17th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Awww, poor little Zoey. Hope she is soon on the mend. It is difficult with a very active small dog once they have injured themselves. I had a similar problem years ago with my toy poodle.

Just a quick update. Angus is over the vomiting (reacted to anti-biotics) and his mouth seems to be healing very nicely.
Back to the vet in the morning for his check-up.

Katie, how is Basil doing? Getting lots of TLC I'm sure.

KiltedQuilter
December 18th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Poor pooches! Hope they are on the mend soon.

KatiesQuiltingCorner
December 19th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Awww, poor little Zoey. Hope she is soon on the mend. It is difficult with a very active small dog once they have injured themselves. I had a similar problem years ago with my toy poodle.

Just a quick update. Angus is over the vomiting (reacted to anti-biotics) and his mouth seems to be healing very nicely.
Back to the vet in the morning for his check-up.

Katie, how is Basil doing? Getting lots of TLC I'm sure.

Glad to hear Angus is doing better!

We've had a trying time with Basil in our attempt to keep him restricted from running around. He escaped from his playpen three times (after we reinforced it with all sorts of stuff even) so we've resorted to keeping him in our sunroom. He gets his sutures out on Friday. I think he's quite ready to be out of his cone.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7171/6537778067_5cb43c2215.jpg

CrazyMtnLady
December 19th, 2011, 12:25 PM
You just KNOW he is thinking.. "PLEASE MOM.... no pictures.. this is humiliating!"
Glad to know the pooches are all getting better.