PDA

View Full Version : Hoot if you're a Night Owl

kimsophia
September 11th, 2016, 02:36 AM
Hoot hoot...I'll be up all night since I didn't wake up until 9:30 last night but I somehow pulled a muscle in my right neck/shoulder so I'm just using a heating pad on it and watching basketball as I have to hold the embroidery hoop in a strange position to sew without moving that area! How are you?

bkthomas
September 11th, 2016, 03:08 AM
Hope you feel better soon...
I am a bit of a Night Owl....then someone said aren't all owls night owls?! Ha!
...and thanks for the heads up on the other thread!

stationarymom
September 11th, 2016, 03:11 AM
Kim i'm sorry you hurt tonight,you should alternate ice and heat 20min each.I hope you feel better soon.There isn't much up here ,my DH and I went out for dinner tonight which was nice.Have a good night everyone.

Judy, USMC
September 11th, 2016, 03:40 AM
HOOT! A long time ago Saturday night used to be date night - after 36 years of marriage not so much. He watched the NASCAR race in the den and I watched my English mysteries on PBS in the front room. Oh, the most exciting thing - we got our monthly pizza! WooHoo !?!?!?!

Hope the heating pad works. Y'all have a good rest-of-the-weekend.

carolynrae
September 11th, 2016, 03:52 AM
Kim, so sorry you hurt your shoulder, hope it heals quickly. Finished another baby quilt today, starting another one next week for a granddaughter for Christmas. Have a good night.

kimsophia
September 11th, 2016, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the good wishes, I had two Advil and have been using the heating pad. Now DH and I are watching "Cash Cab". I love that show! :D

toggpine
September 11th, 2016, 05:04 AM
Kim, I hope you feel better quickly!
We've been "watching" the vintage Star Trek marathon on BBC America for the last two days. Pretty much we turn it on and go about our other business. Some of them are pretty cheesy!

I just finished cleaning the kitchen and taking a shower. I picked another 12 cups of raspberries today. Then we started digging them out of the freezer. I have made 13 pints and 10 half pints of seedless raspberry jam. I still have at least one more batch of raspberries to jam. Them on to the blackberries and the pears. Yea!

I'm done for the night!
Catch you all later! c

MayinJerset
September 11th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the good wishes, I had two Advil and have been using the heating pad. Now DH and I are watching "Cash Cab". I love that show! :D

Glad to hear you're relaxing that shoulder.

sewlucky
September 11th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Kim I hope your shoulder is feeling a little better today. We've been watching a lot of live streamed Paralympic wheelchair basketball. Canadian men aren't doing too well, but it's a team on the rebuild so not unexpected. They get better each game. Our Canadian women are doing pretty well so far. USA men and women are having a strong tournament. Check it out Kim, pretty sure NBC is broadcasting a fair bit of Paralympic wheelchair basketball!

I have the strip sets made and cut for my sons quilt. With careful cutting of the strip sets I will end up with 8 extra blocks so I'm going to make the quilt 70x80 instead of 60x80. May as well. Just having a little break before I get busy and sew the top of the T to the blocks :)

We watched two great movies on Netflix last night, The Finest Hour and Colonia. Both were based on true stories.

Terri

LauraP
September 11th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Burrowing owls are daytime owls.