PDA

View Full Version : Forum again

URIBARRI-MAYOR
September 10th, 2016, 05:41 PM
It is good not have been out but Ive hardly had time to participate and many months I have not started a thread , in my country makes the summer is a time of holidays and being in the street to take advantage of the sun are after the other months of cold and rain. Time Im in the forum have shown some of our customs, some very different from yours, and I hope it has served to know each other a little better, today I want put some pictures of the festivals celebrated in my people from 1 to 6 September and closing parties of all the surrounding villages, one of our traditions is to celebrate food contests, we are a country in which the food is very important, so the photos are of salads and omelets made by children and them my granddaughters and their friends got the 1st and 2nd prize, one one of the parties is a costume contest and here is my family and friends dressed up and won the 2nd prize and finally show them a special tradition of my people are fireworks but are paced in a wooden structure shaped like a bull and takes a person and runs the place for children and parents to follow, kids have so much fun and no problem of burns because the fires are very soft. These are some of things we do in the summer and I hope you seem curious and fun, and hoping to follow in the forum threads and reading all learning many things, I wish you a happy weekend, greetings13488813488913489013489113489213489313489 4

jjkaiser
September 10th, 2016, 05:56 PM
Thank you for sharing some customs of your country with us. Your daughters are adorable in their costumes and the food all looks heavenly and so colorful.

Here in the United States the weather is just changing over from summer to fall. Children here do not have school over the summer months and school just started up again about one week ago. My granddaughter was so excited, she thought she could start school this year. The first year of school here is called kindergarten, and the child must be 4 years old by September 1. Her birthday is September 7, which means she has to wait one whole year now and she cannot start school until next September! So that is a custom here that might not be the same where you live.

Lori63
September 10th, 2016, 06:08 PM
Thank you for sharing your pictures! I love seeing and hearing about different customs. Love the trophies and the picture of the fireworks!

Cokie
September 10th, 2016, 06:10 PM
I enjoy seeing pictures of the customs and clothing in your country! The girls look so happy with their trophies, and the food looks so colorful. They worked hard on those. Thank you for sharing your customs, and it's nice to see you back!

Judy, USMC
September 10th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Good to see you have come back to the forum. Now that the busy days are over you will have more time to visit us again!

URIBARRI-MAYOR
September 10th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Thank you all for your kind words, jjkaiser in my country children have started school on September 8, and the kindergaten or preschool begins with three years and children are the same year so in the class are all children from 1 January to December 31

MayinJerset
September 10th, 2016, 10:53 PM
Wonderful customs and celebrations and the food looks delicious. You and your family had a great summer, thank you for sharing with us.

stationarymom
September 11th, 2016, 02:20 AM
Thanks for sharing some of your customs and your family with us here.I like to learn about the differences and similarities countries have.

kimsophia
September 11th, 2016, 02:34 AM
How interesting...is the third photo Little Red Riding Hood? What are the little things that look like cars in the second photo?

URIBARRI-MAYOR
September 11th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Hello, Kimsophia you questions ornaments tortilla are strollers to baby and are made with boiled egg and mayonnaise, the baby is a piece of frankfurter and two pieces of black olives for eyes and wheels are slices of carrot and cucumber, and other if red Riding Hood, made with red pepers and white cheese, also has the basket that is half pastel, I see that liked is fun for kids dish, thank for your words134929134930

Cokie
September 11th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Hello, Kimsophia you questions ornaments tortilla are strollers to baby and are made with boiled egg and mayonnaise, the baby is a piece of frankfurter and two pieces of black olives for eyes and wheels are slices of carrot and cucumber, and other if red Riding Hood, made with red pepers and white cheese, also has the basket that is half pastel, I see that liked is fun for kids dish, thank for your words134929134930

I thought those looked like babies! Thank you for the larger pictures. All that food is just too pretty to eat!

JCY
September 11th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Such scrumptious looking food & colorful costumes. Remind me in what country you live?

URIBARRI-MAYOR
September 11th, 2016, 09:29 PM
I live in the Basque Country in northern Spain, and French border, in a village on the coast, beach and river

kimsophia
September 12th, 2016, 12:34 AM

Thanks for the explanation! :)

Linda71
September 12th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Coast, beach and river, three of my favorite words.

Angelia
September 13th, 2016, 11:50 AM
I'm so glad you are back, and that you had a great summer! Time to slow down and quilt. :)

alliek
September 13th, 2016, 12:40 PM
How lovely! Looks wonderful and so much fun, Thanks for sharing this. I truly enjoyed your pictures and story!