PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosis Cancer Update 1

jjkaiser
September 10th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Thank you friends for being there for me. My husband has a barrage of tests scheduled for next week incl a cat scan, stress echo and bone marrow biopsy. We meet with the oncologist on Sept 27 to get all the rest results, so that date will be the Big One that will tell us where he stands. Initially the oncologist said this is a non aggressive slow growing cancer and there is a possibility that he will not need treatment at all, that they will just wait and see. At this point we are rather encouraged as that was good news, but I just hope the rest results will not alter the original assessment, as my dh is thrilled that he thinks he will not need chemo, and also he has decided not to tell anyone including our kids. He said there will be plenty of time for that later if his condition worsens. I am not sure I agree with him on that but it is really his decision and I can understand why he wants to wait. So I really won't know anything more until the end of the month but I just wanted to thank you all for your support and encouragement. Taking to you here on the Forum is helpful to me. Since my husband does not want to share this with family friends or anyone I have to walk around pretending everything is normal and kind of just hold it in all the time, which is a little stressful. So at least I know it is OK to vent here if I need to. It's like a lifeline for me.
Jocelyn

dwil23
September 10th, 2016, 11:39 AM
That must be really hard on you. I guess I do see why, especially with an initial good prognosis.

Hugs and prayers for you both.

Donna

GaGa
September 10th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Prayers for continued good test results! I'm sorry your dh doesn't want to share the news with anyone. I know he's trying to protect the others but often their love, caring and concern has a really positive impact. This does make it more difficult for you so please continue to share with your friends here and let us be your support group!!

Kim T
September 10th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Jocelyn,

From personal experience I understand why your husband may wish to keep the news quiet for now.

My SIL was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma, the families' reaction (not good) actually created more stress for him and my daughter to the point I had to ask them to converse through me.

Take a moment for yourself and we will continue to pray for you and your family!����

Sharyn J
September 10th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Jocelyn,

My prayers are with you and family. As far as informing the family, it depends on your own family. Some will react and be very positive and give support where others may go into melt-down and create extra drama and stress. You know your own family, so only you and hubby can make that decision.

In the meantime, we are all here for you to offer our prayers and support.

GuitarGramma
September 10th, 2016, 01:40 PM
I'm glad the news so far is good. I'm also glad that we here on the M* Forum can be your sounding board. Please keep us posted with whatever you feel comfortable sharing. I'll certainly continue praying for your husband.

alliek
September 10th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Prayers for all with cancer. The news is not all bad. Today, treatments are becoming refined individually so you are not over treated or under treated. I know this personally. The key is listen to the docs and follow their advice. Then ask as many questions as you think. Do not let something roll around in your head and not ask. This is not easy, but you can do it. There are many people standing with you and praying. God's Blessings.

Lori63
September 10th, 2016, 02:28 PM
I hope you continue to get good news too.

This is one of the reasons I love this forum, you can truly come here to vent, ask questions or ask for support and that's what you get. It's wonderful you have a place to come talk when you can't talk to family.

Judy, USMC
September 10th, 2016, 03:10 PM
I'm glad you can consider this forum your refuge. You know the members here will listen and support you and your husband. Prayers will be said for a continued good prognosis.

JCY
September 10th, 2016, 03:20 PM
We're lending you our ears so you can share & we can care. Continued thoughts & prayers for you & others who are battling cancer. ((((HUGS))))

sew-what2015
September 10th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Jocelyn, I am glad that the news so far has been good. The forum members will be here for you.
Hugs and prayers.

Lightwriter
September 12th, 2016, 07:07 AM
Glad we are here to offer support during this stressful time. Prayers that God will send His healing to your husband's body and to both of your spirits. Dealing with the unknown is so challenging. One day at a time.

peggiep
September 12th, 2016, 08:14 AM
Prayers continue for positive test results.

WendyI
September 12th, 2016, 10:09 AM
glad so far that the news has been positive. Hope it progresses in that direction and I'm glad that you can come here to talk. You certainly need that outlet. (((HUGS)))

Suzette
September 12th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Continued prayers for you and your hubby. I'm glad your forum friends are a source of comfort for you. Hugs!!

sew-what2015
September 12th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Prayers continue for both of you.

geegeequilts
September 12th, 2016, 02:33 PM
I just hope the kids will not be upset or hurt not to have been informed sooner. I was just thinking that the more encouragement you both have would help. I will pray for good news & you already know we are here for you.

Gina

Over40momma
September 12th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Will be keeping my prayers, thoughts and healing candles lit for your DH. :icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug:

It is never an easy decision to tell children about serious health issues. I lost many a night sleep wrestling with that one......my only advice is follow your heart. It was very hard on them to hear and deal with; but it also created an opportunity to help them with the hard things that life can throw at them. We instinctively want to shield and protect them from all the frightening things in the world, it came with the nappies! :lol: But the opportunity to show them how to actually "do the coping" is a priceless gift. Just something to consider.