PDA

View Full Version : Happy Saturday

Ginny B
September 10th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Good morning everyone. How are you all doing this fine morning? I am getting ready to go pick up my sis and then we'll stop in Brooklyn and my boys (and granddog) will join us and we'll head up to Peekskill and explore the area.

Last night after dinner dh and I headed back over to the Subaru dealer and finalized the deal on hubby's new car. It's a 2017 blue Forester. We will pick it up next Saturday morning. Very exciting.

Better get myself together and get on the road. Have a wonderful day.

peggiep
September 10th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Morning everyone! It is a lovely day...but fall is definitely in the air.

This has been a very busy week and I am so glad we don't have to go anywhere or have any specific plans. That means I get to spend some time in my sewing room and start making all the Christmas gifts. Bags, gift card holders, coasters, placemats are all on the list to get started and hopefully finished in time for Christmas. :)

Have a wonderful day!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 10th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Wow, Ginny! A new car! That is always exciting! Enjoys your weekend!

Big deadline today, photoshoot day for my Halloweeen Traditions costume project. Most costumes are not completely finished, so we still have work to do, but it will be fun to see them on the actual actors, hope most of them fit!

Lots of rain here the last 24 hours, hope it goes away for good, don't want my actors dragging their costumes around through puddles. I don't want to hem soggy fabrics!

Have a good day!

SuzyQue
September 10th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Yay! I just bought the 2016 Forester in blue. So cute, so fun to drive....love it!

JCY
September 10th, 2016, 03:45 PM
It looks like folks are busy today. Not many posts. I'm just now getting to the Forum. I spent all morning in the kitchen making DH's chicken soup from scratch. He's very allergic to MSG, so I have to be very careful when cooking for him. I had a 5.3 lb. chicken. With the veggies & rice, it made 8 qts. In the next few days I'll need to bake his spelt bread again. Sewing projects are on hold until I finish cleaning, cooking, etc. I still need to do more weeding in the flower beds.

I've been busy with house cleaning, getting ready for DS's visit next Fri. for a long week-end. I'm also nursing a sore jaw from the tooth extraction (a molar) last Tues. I had to dig out my pain pills; I'm taking 1/4 tab. along with 500 mg. of Acetaminophen. If it's still sore on Mon, I'll give the dentist a call. I really didn't expect it to hurt this much.

It really cooled off over night. It was only 44 this a.m.--the coldest yet. Definitely a touch of Fall in the air. The house was cool enough that we ran the furnace for 2 cycles to take off the chill. But yet it's supposed to warm up to 80 deg. today; there may be a few more 90's in the forecast.

Ginny, how nice to have a new car. We're making our cars last as long as possible. We have a '95 Crown Victoria & a '96 Mercury Grand Marquise. Ford no longer makes either car. We like the rear wheel drive. We bought both cars used. They both have been dependable & comfortable cars.

I hope everyone has a good week end.

MayinJerset
September 10th, 2016, 11:13 PM
Didn't have time to stop by this morning to say Hello. My 2 sisters came over this afternoon and we had a delicious lunch and talked the afternoon away. Surprised sister Carol with a little Bday cake, she's one of my baby sisters and she'll be 67 next week.

We also looked at my albums of family photos searching for some photos of our Uncle Frank (my father's brother) and his family and did find one or two. My father and his 2 brothers were not very close to each other so we kids really didn't know our cousins on my father's side when we were growing up. Recently Uncle Frank's grandson contacted another cousin asking who was the older man in this photo. It is my father and this grandson's Uncle Mike when Mike made his confirmation.