PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl of Frankenstein

kimsophia
September 10th, 2016, 01:28 AM
Hoot hoot! I'm watching "Young Frankenstein" (It's pronounced "FRONKensteen") on TCM and loving it all over again :D I saw this when I was a teenager and was so pleased to find grown ups could be consistently silly!

I've got a big solid section of gold in Santa's robe almost finished. Just some fur trim on the bottom of the robe and the feet left!

How's everyone feeling today?

RiverMomm
September 10th, 2016, 01:44 AM
I love that movie. I still laugh at it!

This was me yesterday:

sewlucky
September 10th, 2016, 02:22 AM
Good evening! I'm still fighting the migraine, but my pills are holding it at bay some (it has just not entirely gone away in three days). I should be heading to bed soon I think. I've spent the evening trying to find a pattern that I could use with directional fabric and some really large print fabric I have lots of. I've decided that perhaps I will make some aprons for Christmas gifts. Kind of excited about it. Apparently I'm in planning mode but not sewing lol. Tomorrow morning after breakfast I will get started on the strip sets for my sons quilt. It's not a hard one at all, I've just not been able to focus on sewing.

kimsophia, are you going to share pics of your cross stitch?
Rest well night owls.

stationarymom
September 10th, 2016, 02:31 AM
Hoot hoot everything here is good tonight as long as I don't bend over or stoop i'm doing ok.Sewlucky have you ever talked to your Dr. about botox for you extended migraines? It sound like it might help,I had it put in my esophagus for a problem I was having .

carolynrae
September 10th, 2016, 02:35 AM
This was a good week for me, I finished some PHDS, that skateboard quilt I have been working on since January.....finally DONE. This is the first quilt I have hand sewn the binding on....I finally got the hang of it. Finished a Halloween table runner...and I have a baby quilt that just needs binding, I should be able to finish that tomorrow. All in all a great week.

Kimsophia, I love young Frankenstein too, fun show to watch. Ladies I actually have owls in my neighborhood, one sits on a phone line over our yard and hoots for hours.

Good night ladies....

Simply Quilting
September 10th, 2016, 03:12 AM
We had a small storm come through tonight. It was not nearly as sever as they had predicted which I am thankful for. However, that didn't stop people from suffering with migraines.
We canned more applebutter. One batch didn't turn out as it refused to thicken even after 2 rounds of suregel so now we have some applebutter syrup that I canned which will go great with pancakes this winter. I have more applesauce in the crockpot on getting the extra water off before making it into applebutter.
In between working with the apples, I did get some sewing done. This evening I was able to get binding strips cut but no sewing due to the storm. I really don't want to have my sewing machines plugged in with lightening in the area.
I am tired but not sleepy. Hopefully, I will get to sleep soon as we have a busy day tomorrow.

Hoot, Hoot, Good Night :)

SallyO'Sews
September 10th, 2016, 03:32 AM
I'm going to bed. It's 2:30 and I have a very full weekend ahead, beginning with getting DS#9 to his Saturday a.m. class! Then a meeting from 10 til noon, and a baby shower at 2:30. Dopey me - got up around 12:30 to drink some warm milk (thought it would make me sleepy), but then all the lovely online quilting sites called my name....

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

kimsophia
September 10th, 2016, 03:33 AM
Here's many nights' hours of work! :)134868134869

toggpine
September 10th, 2016, 03:47 AM
We have been watching the StarTrek marathon on BBC America. Some of them are cheesy, but they are better than I had expected. Eric is loving them, IF he can stay awake! We have a short relieve before they start again at 3 our time! I doubt we'll be up to wTch the first few, but my guess is that by 6 he will be in here watching!

I have canning on my radar tomorrow too! Mine will be raspberries, blackberries, and pears.

Judy, USMC
September 10th, 2016, 04:06 AM
Took a pill ... slept ... woke up to check the DD ... and check in here ...

All the hours spent on cross stitching and canning has made me tired just hearing about it! I'm taking another pill and off to bed too.

bubba
September 10th, 2016, 04:10 AM
Egads!! I just saw the ticker on the bottom of a page up above.....15 days?!?!? I have sewing to finish, laundry to wash, a suitcase to unpack and then pack for the trip, hair to dye, etc etc etc......

Where has the time gone?

Our children are officially driving us nuts! The have secret meetings with each other, secret meetings with MM, secret meetings with me. One of them calls every morning, afternoon and sometimes evening. I'm glad I don't pay for over usage of text messaging because that would have gone over the top for the month two days ago. I suppose we should be happy they are so concerned, not only for MM but for me as well. Last night I found out that they, and MM was in cahoots with them, will take me out of the house for a bit while one of them babysits MM so I don't get stressed out. If I have to go to the store or errand running, they expect me to call them so one of them can come sit with MM!!! Oh, and this put MM over the brink.....his third chemo is the Friday I will be gone. One of them has made arrangements to go to chemo with him, bring him home and then sit with him until the other gets off work, at which time she will come over and relieve the first one so she can go to work. Then the one who shows up later in the day will sit with MM, fix him dinner and spend the night!!!!!! I giggled when I told him their grand plans. Since it was concerning him, he did not find it so very funny, but I sure did.

They are making me feel so old........I hope they tire of their shenanigans soon.

sewlucky
September 10th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Hoot hoot everything here is good tonight as long as I don't bend over or stoop i'm doing ok.Sewlucky have you ever talked to your Dr. about botox for you extended migraines? It sound like it might help,I had it put in my esophagus for a problem I was having .

Joan, yes, the neurologist suggested it last fall. He figured that it would cut my migraines in half from 15-18 monthly to 6-8. He said it wouldn't work on hormonally triggered clusters of migraine. He suggested I consider stopping caffeine to see if it helped, and to lose weight too. I stopped caffeine last winter and noticed an immediate drop in numbers of headaches to half of what I was experiencing. I can go 2-3 weeks without headaches now, but definitely still get a cluster of daily migraines every couple weeks. I decided not to try to Botox unless the other things weren't helping. I've lost 45lbs now, am very close to my goal weight (which is the top of the normal weight range for my height) - 11 lbs to go. I do need to be more active, lol, but I will get there eventually!

Terri

sewlucky
September 10th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Here's many nights' hours of work! :)134868134869

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

jjkaiser
September 10th, 2016, 12:53 PM
I'm going to bed. It's 2:30 and I have a very full weekend ahead, beginning with getting DS#9 to his Saturday a.m. class! Then a meeting from 10 til noon, and a baby shower at 2:30. Dopey me - got up around 12:30 to drink some warm milk (thought it would make me sleepy), but then all the lovely online quilting sites called my name....

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Am I reading this right--do you have 9 kids?! Holy cow I can't even imagine that. The cooking! The laundry! The homework! Etc you must be Super Mom!!!