PDA

View Full Version : Random Super Thoughts!

pcbatiks
September 9th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Thanks for sharing so many great stories on the previous Random/Deep Thought threads. Remember anyone can start one of these threads. The more variety of questions or topics the more interesting & fun it will be.

The following question has been asked several years ago. It was a fun one....so let's do it again. :D

Today we would like to know......What is your Quilting Super Power?

And to make it more interesting.....What is your Cooking Super Power?

If you have a Super Hero name to go with your Super Powers please mention it........be creative! :D We won't reveal your true identity. :D

I'll be thinking on mine and check back later.

Sandy Navas
September 9th, 2016, 09:44 AM
I can recite the alphabet backwards.

Sandy Navas
September 9th, 2016, 09:45 AM
I can put a pencil on the floor and you can't step over it.

Sandy Navas
September 9th, 2016, 09:46 AM
I can see through walls.

pcbatiks
September 9th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Just to help get everyone thinking.....here is the post from a few years ago.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=30118&highlight=night+owls

I'm heading out to a sew day now.......looking forward to finding out what kind of Super Heroes we have amongst us! :D

Hulamoon
September 9th, 2016, 10:17 AM
I can put a pencil on the floor and you can't step over it.

Is that because it was next to the glass wall you can see through?

My super cooking power is my rack.

klgls
September 9th, 2016, 10:18 AM
My quilting superpower is I can start anything!! Getting finished is another thing though. :)

My cooking superpower is Snickerdoodles and Carrot Cake. The rest of my cooking - not so good.

Forgot to add - I can still recite all the books of the Bible. Learned that when I was a teen.

shirleyknot
September 9th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Quilting? Curved seams and Y seams are no problem for me.

Cooking? I;m told by many that I make the best baking powder biscuits in this end of the state. And biscuits are a big deal around here.

SewnByBee
September 9th, 2016, 11:01 AM
So I'll start with the cooking one ......super power
Burnnit....!!!!
Cause it's my most famous, super power
With a twist of a knob I can turn any supper into a burnt crip in a flash.

I still hate the knob on this stove.
We bought the stove new , it is mostly digital, but it has ONE KNOB fot the oven .....problem is it can turn forward or backwards.....it's not easy to tell if you go past the line I drew on it after realizing, one slight turn can lock your freshly made , staying warm in the oven dishes of food, would be trapped by a locked / on Clean oven......WHAT......REALLY. ...MORE THAN ONCE.......BEFORE I DREW THAT LINE------ I Can't come up with a name for this one cause All I know is that stove lost the last time time....... Somehow I managed to make it give in....and open .....the first few times I sqalled like a baby....after working and fixing our food the last time...I was not having that ...even if I broke the new stove....no more....Michael came home , the kids were still laughing, telling about me fighting with the stove.....it was funny.
I can't see through walls Sandy.....but I could see through that oven door as my food burned up....:icon_heh:

Have a grate day
As for the quilting.....I hide stuff from myself.
I spend far to much time looking for what I need..

Caroline T.
September 9th, 2016, 11:16 AM
I have yet to discover my Quilting Super Power.

My cooking super power is the ability to burn bisquits in under 4 minutes while leaving the inside still raw (actually I can do that with pretty much any kind of bread).

My physical super power is, I can pick up a quarter off the floor with my toes.

Hulamoon
September 9th, 2016, 11:30 AM
My super cooking power is my rack.
That was supposed to be spice rack.:lol:

Caroline T.
September 9th, 2016, 11:33 AM

:icon_rofl:

So glad you clarified that! I was about to give you a new Super Hero name "boobalicous"

MayinJerset
September 9th, 2016, 11:47 AM
My Cooking Super Powers are my Biscotti and Rainbow cookies. Both are delicious but they take quite a bit of time to make but will do some at Christmas as gifts, and all the rejects are ours!

Do think my real Cooking Super Power is longevity - been cooking since I was 6 standing on a chair in front of the stove. That's 74 years! I have to admit I don't do too much cooking nowadays and we eat out at least once a week (lots of gift cards to local restaurants)

I was also wondering what Lorie's rack was. We can learn some interesting things about people when they reply to some posts, LOL!

Hulamoon
September 9th, 2016, 11:59 AM
My Cooking Super Powers are my Biscotti and Rainbow cookies. Both are delicious but they take quite a bit of time to make but will do some at Christmas as gifts, and all the rejects are ours!

Do think my real Cooking Super Power is longevity - been cooking since I was 6 standing on a chair in front of the stove. That's 74 years! I have to admit I don't do too much cooking nowadays and we eat out at least once a week (lots of gift cards to local restaurants)

I was also wondering what Lorie's rack was. We can learn some interesting things about people when they reply to some posts, LOL!

lol I was still in my owl hours.

I love biscotti! I used to make it at the hotel. Do you have a good home recipe?

MayinJerset
September 9th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Do you know anyone who has this UnSuper Cooking Power? From what I've heard one of my Aunts did.

PatinValrico
September 9th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Let me think about this. With my cooking superpowers I can turn a growling, grumpy, 250 pound, 6'4" retired Navy Seal into a peaceful, reclining, napping cuddle bear. My quilting superpowers I can chase away the worst winter's chill and damp and make pillowcases that put smiles on small children's faces where before there were none.

We all have gifts and talents that we have not begun to use! Have a SUPER weekend!! Don't forget you capes!!

PatinValrico
September 9th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Silly!! You do not add the vodka to the potat:lol:oes!!

PatinValrico
September 9th, 2016, 02:56 PM
My DH contribution to this thread is that I can make the lame walk (read run in the other direction! :icon_razz::icon_razz:) with my tuna casserole! What!? I think it's pretty good!!

quiltingaway
September 9th, 2016, 03:47 PM

I wondered what you meant by that .... :)

Carolnnc
September 9th, 2016, 04:05 PM
My food superpower would be my organization and recipes. I can turn out a meal in under an hour if needed.
My quilting superpower would be I know when to give up and throw the wonky pieces in a dark corner.

MaryUK
September 9th, 2016, 07:11 PM
My cooking super power is my lemon drizzle cake - much loved by all who manage to snake a piece from under the eye of DH.
My quilting super power is getting my fabric out and deciding which go with which pattern but not starting any of them!!! Just a heap of fabric on my cutting table!!

mommadeb
September 9th, 2016, 07:17 PM
Quilting super power: Binding. I LOVE BINDING!!
Cooking: anything my husband cooks is my super power. I hate to cook even though I can if I want to.

dizzyLiz
September 9th, 2016, 08:26 PM
My Quilting Super Power is......I can make all my fears, worry, anxiety dissolve ...Poof it's gone- just by going to my sewing studio

My Cooking Super Power-- hmmmmm I have many- Chocolate Eclair Cake that honestly is orgasmic, corn bread stuffing ( my DH says is Divine)- Macaroni Pie that is a food group of it's own- my Christmas Cut out cookies using a recipe that goes back at least 6 generations- my roast beef is unforgettable- Cabbage and Ham boiled dinner ( everyone asks for the recipe) Low Country Boil that makes the south not only rise, but rises to a NEW LEVEL. LOL I'm southern and yes I can cook LOL. Wish I was as good at doing dishes

pcbatiks
September 9th, 2016, 09:03 PM
My cooking super power is the consistent ability to start preparing a meal and find out I'm missing one or two ingredients. I'm quite good at it.......it just happened tonight! Just call me Captain Disorganized........until I think of another name.

My alter ego cooking super power would be making homemade cookies that are so good they disappear way too fast! :D

AuntieVic
September 9th, 2016, 09:36 PM
My Quilting Superpower is "buying fabric" and reading patterns and looking for ways to change the design.

My Cooking Superpower is "coming home after my husband, so that dinner is already started".

pcbatiks
September 9th, 2016, 10:35 PM
My quilting super power is the exceptional ability to spend much more time browsing through quilt idea than I actually spend working on a quilt!

Lorie-Hulamoon........I read your post this morning and thought......."alrighty then" :D I decided to leave that one alone.......I knew you would come back later and explain. :D

It sounds like we have lots of great cooks on this forum!

DeniseSm
September 9th, 2016, 11:08 PM
My quilting super power is color. I have a gift for combining the right fabrics together. I have a large stash and am willing to spend the time finding just the right fabrics. I have learned how to listen to my quilts and adjust on the fly. It makes me so happy when I finally have everything singing together. I will call my super power "Stash Happiness"

My cooking super power is efficient adjustments. I have learned how to add just a few ingredients to make each dish sing. I have learned how to add ingredients for flavor while keeping the sugar and the saturated fat content low. I have learned which ingredients I can strip out without losing any flavor, and vastly reducing the saturated fat content. I will call this super power"Eat well and live long"

SallyO'Sews
September 9th, 2016, 11:19 PM
My cooking super power is beef stroganoff. Probably unrecognizable to anyone from eastern Europe, but it does have beef, onions mushrooms, and sour cream, and is my DS#7's favorite. You can serve it over rice, but we like it with farfalle (aka bow-tie pasta).

I'm making it this Sunday after church, as DS#7 and his wife & little one are coming to town, along with DS#4 and his wife. If you would like to join us, you're more than welcome! :D

Hulamoon
September 9th, 2016, 11:45 PM
Lorie-Hulamoon........I read your post this morning and thought......."alrighty then" :D I decided to leave that one alone.......I knew you would come back later and explain. :D

Early morning and no glasses. lol

My cooking super power is the consistent ability to start preparing a meal and find out I'm missing one or two ingredients. I'm quite good at it.......it just happened tonight! Just call me Captain Disorganized........until I think of another name.
I have that power too! I was going to make caesar dressing and two times forgot something. So tomorrow is it!

baskets4deb
September 10th, 2016, 12:24 AM
My quilting super power is I shop faster than I sew.

My cooking super power used to be zucchini...when we gardened I had many recipes. Besides that I canned, froze and dried many a zucchini.

My physical super power is that I can wiggle my ears.

SewnByBee
September 10th, 2016, 01:01 AM
.. 134865

lol..... funny thread~~~~~

Sylvia H
September 10th, 2016, 01:05 AM
Silly!! You do not add the vodka to the potat:lol:oes!!

No - you MAKE vodka with the potatoes.

SewnByBee
September 10th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Early morning and no glasses. lol

I have that power too! I was going to make caesar dressing and two times forgot something. So tomorrow is it!

Will you share your Ceacar recipie with me Lori.......that is my favorite. ......I have not tried making it.

Then I can use my other super power......
My son would tell ya....
MOM'S GOT EYES IN THE BACK OF HER HEAD......

well, I may have VISON problems........but I can HEAR a pin drop........lol.