PDA

View Full Version : Hoot and Holler @,@

kimsophia
September 9th, 2016, 02:12 AM
Hoot hoot! How's everybody? I'm doing well. I found two pretty frames at Hobby Lobby and got more big stitch quilting thread. One frame is for the Halloween sampler and the other is for the Santas. I got some black poster board to try to use as matte board, as I don't have any confidence in my ability to cut thick matte board. They do have a special service to frame your stuff using their matte boards and frames, if I can't do it. Now I just have to finish cross stitching...how are you doing?

sewlucky
September 9th, 2016, 02:20 AM
I've been fighting a migraine for two days, so no sewing. Today we've been enjoying the wheelchair basketball games live streamed on the computer from the Paralympics in Rio. And tonight we had our bowling league with friends of ours. We've been having a lot of fun, but we aren't very good bowlers :D

Terri

stationarymom
September 9th, 2016, 02:40 AM
Hoot hoot Kim i'm glad you found frames in the size you need.I had a sleepy day today,I had to go have an endoscopy done and they gave me a sedative and that drug that is stronger than morphine(fentanol?sp). So I came home and slept for hours.They also did a biopsy from my esophagus hopefully everything is alright.Other than that I haven't done anything but watch tv and read the forum.The new tutorial is posted so i'm going to watch it now.Have a good night fellow Owls.

Judy, USMC
September 9th, 2016, 02:53 AM
We will still be home for another week but did a bunch of running around today making sure everything is pre-paid before we leave. Seems like every trip takes longer & longer to prepare. This trip will take me from the 90's of NC to the 80's of Missouri. Then on to Wisconsin and Illinois where it should be in the upper 70's and possibly into the 50's at night.

The one good thing - gas prices are getting lower.

bubba
September 9th, 2016, 03:29 AM
All was well until MM came and asked me questions about what the nurse said side effects of the chemo were. He has vertigo and I told him to call the consulting nurse. After a small argument, which he was not going to win, I said 'Will you please do it for me?'....well played p@, well played.

He did call and spoke to the nurse for several minutes and she is waking up the on call oncologist and they will call back.....oops, they are calling.

The doctor thinks it is because of all the fluids he drank, so he has to cut back, rest and call back in the morning.

And then, there's me :( I just let Yoda out and while he was doing his business, I thought I'd rotate the fuchsia. As I lifted it to turn it around, my gimpy shoulder decided it was having nothing of that and gave out and I didn't want to drop it on the deck so I grabbed for it and heard a cracking sound coming from inside me somewhere. I don't know if it was my arm, shoulder or ribs, and it hurt at the time (about ten minutes ago) but it seems fine now. We'll see come morning.

Judy, USMC
September 9th, 2016, 06:44 AM
Nice to hear that MM made that call - hopefully decreasing the liquids will get rid of that vertigo.

But I think I should send you a roll of duct tape - so you can tape your arm & shoulder to your body and not use it until it heals! I'm joking about the tape but please be careful - need to see you in a couple of weeks. But what happened to you sounds like when they reset my dislocated shoulder ages ago. There was a weight and rotation - and then a big pop followed by pain. It was sore for a few days and then back to normal in a week. Hoping it was a help rather than damaging. Keep us posted, please!

kimsophia
September 9th, 2016, 07:45 AM
I've had an endoscopy, vertigo and a dislocated shoulder...but never a migraine! :( Feel better soon, everybody...

toggpine
September 9th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Kim, be careful with the black poster board. If it gets damp it can bleed the dyes onto your work. I know having a mat cut isn't cheap, but with all of the work you put into your stitching, it is worth it.
Look at both the regular core and the black core matting options. It is also acid free and won't damage your fabric with long exposure.
I finished my new book last night, so now I can get on with other things.

LauraP
September 9th, 2016, 01:59 PM
This trip will take me from the 90's of NC to the 80's of Missouri. Then on to Wisconsin and Illinois where it should be in the upper 70's and possibly into the 50's at night.

Glad I kept reading, I thought you were commenting on how backwards we are here in the Midwest. I kind of like living in the days before massive face piercings and ugly clothes. We have a few but not like some areas. Our kids have even been known to say Yes Ma'am and Thank You! Thank you for making me laugh!

Judy, USMC
September 9th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Thank you for making me laugh!

I'm gad you kept reading too!