PDA

View Full Version : Thursday has arrived

Ginny B
September 8th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Good morning all. Going to feel like summer again here today after a few days of coolness and drizzle. It did get a bit sunny and humid towards the end of the day yesterday and I got a nice walk in after dinner last night.

Looks like Monique is having a great trip.

Not much new to report on this front. I did get to spend some time in the sewing room last night while watching Quilt Cam and keeping an eye on the Yankee game too. I wasn't working on any quilting things. I was cutting out the pieces for some cushions and pillows for my ds and his gf for their new patio set.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday. Don't forget to smile. :)

Bubby
September 8th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Jeff is gone to work, the Girls are napping, and all is quiet here. I did quite a bit of housework yesterday and have more to tackle today. Our weather is supposed to turn cool today and storms are on the way.

I plan to do some digging in my stash today looking for some nice browns for my next quilt. I want batiks but I can't find a layer cake of them in suitable brown tones without other colors also mixed in. It's beginning to look like this project isn't meant to be.

Ginny, thanks for starting our morning threads while Monique is away. You do such a natural job of it.

I'm off to get my day started.

MayinJerset
September 8th, 2016, 10:10 AM
You can say that again! Some days it's difficult to get this old body moving and coffee is the best pick me up.

Thursday and we have no outside activities planned but plenty to do around the house, finishing pillowcases for Louisiana kids and of course the never ending laundry. Outside stuff also but not too taxing. Crew will be here this morning to cut our grass and need to give them list of weeding and trimming that needs to be done. After doing the weeding, etc. ourselves for over 50 years we have admitted defeat and have the crew do it for us - costs a lot too. I do miss gardening, getting down on the ground and digging, transplanting and even keeping the weeds down but each season of our lives has to end while we go on to another one.

Bouse
September 8th, 2016, 10:33 AM
A rainy day in Glasgow. At work but I've got the laundry machine programmed to go on while I'm out. I'll hang that up once I get home. Hopefully get a little bit of sewing done once the kids are settled for bed. I'm so far behind in my 365 challenge that I daren't count......

JCY
September 8th, 2016, 11:46 AM
A sunny morning here. Cool mornings (54), but by mid-afternoon it heats up to mid-80's. Yest. it was 92. Some of the tree leaves already are turning. I've noticed it on the cottonwoods, honey locusts, & some of the maples. At the higher elevations, the aspens are turning golden. Towards the end of Sept. is when people drive up into the mts. to view the colors as well as observe the elk bugling during the rut up in Rocky Mtn. National Park. I'm busy housecleaning, getting ready for DS's visit next week. My tooth extraction site is hurting worse today. I'll try to keep busy & distracted from the pain. Might try some heat to my cheek. I hope everyone has a good day.

toggpine
September 8th, 2016, 02:04 PM
We are in the middle of the State Fair and I have this section off. They added a week and are closed on Tuesdays this year.
We had a nice display exhibit for the first week. We brought in three breeds (9 goats total) for the dairy goat display in the Urban Farm and Garden section. (What can you do with less than 5 acres, sometimes much less, when you want to grow your own?)
So this week, I'll catch up on sleep, laundry, and some freezer cooking prep. Then it will be back to the fair for nearly two weeks solid.

The sewing, and most everything else, will be on hold for the next couple of weeks.

Lyndaj
September 8th, 2016, 03:08 PM
I'm way late to this thread today. I managed to get both backs ready to sandwich. These quilts are going with me to rent time on a long arm machine tomorrow. I'm not going to do anything fancy, I just wanted to give this a go because I knew it would be a fast way to quilt these quilts, and this way I can decide if I really want to drop the $ to buy one. If I do, it will be to start a home business (which I realize won't be easy, but I REALLY need to do something I want to do and enjoy for a job. The idea of sitting behind a desk for 8 hours everyday, just isn't doing it for me.) Hoping everyone has a good day.