PDA

View Full Version : BAH HUM BUG

sally
December 15th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I started out the day so good...I slept great apparently even laughing in my sleep as well. I woke up to a beautiful morning with fresh snow on the ground and a sunny disposition. Then HE woke up. (Husband) I tried!... oh I tried...commenting positively on any good news item on the morning tv, being encouraging to his neagive comments but then it just happen...POOF my good mood was gone. I said..." Thank you. If your intentions were to ruin my good mood you have succeeded" and I stomped upstairs and cleaned our bedroom. I clean good when I am in a mood as I can slam drawers and such. So here I sit with a big pout and feeling blue. BAH !

Needed to vent!

Patrice
December 15th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I clean when I am in a bad mood..Maybe our hubby's know this..lol

Sandy Navas
December 15th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Shauna, I feel your anguish! Some days you just want to throw a dishpan of dirty water on them. He's just probably thinking "gee, am I going to have to spend $600 to put new tires on Shauna's car to protect her?"

Fix him a good dinner.

pdjewelrylady
December 15th, 2011, 05:27 PM
tis the season..... ;)

rebeccas-sewing
December 15th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I feel like I missed the beginning here. Is this a continuing story? Why is the old grizzly bear being so negative? Is that his normal nature? I certainly hope not. Who wants to live with a gloomy gus? Could someone fill me in if I did miss something? I'm so glad you chose to do something constructive with your frustration. Beating up your husband is not recommended.

sally
December 15th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Rebecca...Actually you missed nothing. My hubby is actually one of those who is perpetually in a good mood so when he isn't it really drags you down. All is good. I called him and he made the effort to be upbeat...bless his heart. PS can't beat him up...I'm a Sheriff and it wouldn't look good...LOL!!!

THanks ladies you made me smile!

Monique
December 15th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Shauna, don't you just want to strangle them sometimes. You can vent here any time.

Dragonfly
December 15th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Shauna I actually had a little smile over this, I do my best and most thorough cleaning when I am angry, sadly this means not a lot of cleaning as I try to not be angry. But it brought to mind a visit to my DD's house last week, I walked in and DSIL was scrubbing the stove in what I recognised as an 'angry cleaning' style. I commented that I did my best cleaning when angry, did this mean he was angry and should I make him a coffee, his reply was a curt "yes" and "yes please" but he didn't smile. Later my DD told me that he appreciated that I hadn't asked why, just made the coffee without attempting to engage him in conversation. Well I know how I feel when I'm like that, the last thing you need is chit chat but it shows that angry cleaning is not just the domain of ladies. He was fine once we sat down with the coffee/tea and DD informed me that it was a phone call from work that had annoyed him so I was relieved that they had not had a tiff. :icon_bigsmile:

rebeccas-sewing
December 15th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Wow! You're a sheriff!!! That is so cool! I bet you've got lots of good stories. You could keep us entertained for many hours, I bet. So glad you don't have a party pooper for a husband. It's no fun being around folks who are always seeing the dark side of things.

CrazyMtnLady
December 15th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I feel for you... I love waking up before the sleeping bear! His first words are always.... BABY.....rub my feet! He is a diabetic and his feet hurt and are usually cold when he wakes up. The doctor said the best thing I could do is to rub them. I too clean best when angry.. but better when he is gone for the weekend on one of his gun show trips. (like this coming weekend :D)
I usually like to have a couple glasses of red wine along with the cleaning also.

InGodzHndz
December 15th, 2011, 09:55 PM
I clean when I am in a bad mood..Maybe our hubby's know this..lol

Sometimes, I think mine gets me mad so that I *will* clean....

Though he's pretty good for the most part.

Hugs to you, Sally!~

sally
December 16th, 2011, 01:50 PM
GREAT NEWS! I have the spirit back. DH woke up on the right side of the bed and his usual chipper self. THUS no cleaning done this morning...lol That will have to be done tonight as we are have a Christmas gathering at our house. Sure wish you all could come!

Have a great day everyone! Big Hugs!

Nena
December 16th, 2011, 11:50 PM
I feel your pain sister!!! My husbands moods happen to conincide with how the Bills and the Sabers play. I have learned to stay away when he is watching the games. I go in my sewing room, close the door, drink my wine and sew my heart out!!!! Works well for me. I hate when the men folk get grummpy!!

Sandy Navas
December 17th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I feel your pain sister!!! My husbands moods happen to conincide with how the Bills and the Sabers play. I have learned to stay away when he is watching the games. I go in my sewing room, close the door, drink my wine and sew my heart out!!!! Works well for me. I hate when the men folk get grummpy!!

Sometimes I just go to my sewing room, close the door and drink my wine!

Otherwise, how would I get my tree ready by Christmas?

BellasQuilts
December 17th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Sally, sending you hugs and sorry, I did chuckle a bit when I read it. Sometimes our menfolk can get their panties in a pinch for no apparent reason. The holidays do that to people. Glad he's a happy puppy now!

paulettepoe
December 17th, 2011, 03:54 PM
i divorced my problem like this many years ago. glad to say I dont miss those kind of days. am sorry that you have this is your life. have a blessed day.

meemeecyn
December 17th, 2011, 04:36 PM
We all have these days, or maybe moments! I remind myself that "This too shall pass". You deal with it just fine, Sally! Glad to hear things are better. Sandy......you are a stitch! (pun intended!) Just love your sense of humor. It always lifts us.
Have a good day ladies.
Cynthia

SuziC
December 17th, 2011, 09:28 PM
It must be the holidays that do this to people...LOL Do something for yourself and sing some Christmas songs to bring back your positive mood. Or send him out somewhere...LOL