PDA

View Full Version : home again, home again jiggety jig.....

bubba
September 6th, 2016, 05:52 PM
MM and I went down for his chemo appointment. Had to sit thru a one hour class where we watched a short film and then a nurse came and talked to us about his treatment.

On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the worse, the chances of him getting sick are a 5 and we now have three different medications to help with that. Since his work week is Monday night thru Thursday night, we asked if the next session can be changed to Friday. They can only change it by one day, so we asked if he could just start this Friday then. They were full this Friday, but he will start on Thursday instead of today, and then only miss one night work and have the three days to recover. After this week, he will have it on Fridays, so hopefully he won't have to miss work or go onto disability.

Now I had this all figured out so the week he would have off would be the week I'd be at the retreat, but now the last treatment on this round will be the Friday that I am away, so we have to make arrangements for someone to go with him. It takes 30 minutes for the anti nausea iv, then two hours of regular iv, and a couple hours for the chemo and maybe more regular iv after it. They said to plan on at least six hours every time!!

So anyway, thank you all for your kind thoughts and words and please change them to Thursday this week and Fridays after that :)

We did go out for a nice lunch on the waterfront. He will be having his tacos and German chocolate cake later after his nap, so he is a happy birthday boy.

Sandy Navas
September 6th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Must have been all the MONKEY HUGS!! Hope his Tacos were a great Birthday treat.

bubba
September 6th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Tacos won't be till about 8pm tonight!

sewlucky
September 6th, 2016, 07:36 PM
I'm so glad he will get to enjoy tacos and cake for his birthday! Good chemo wishes deferred to Thursday as requested!

Terri

Kgrammiecaz
September 6th, 2016, 10:42 PM
Great that he can enjoy his birthday! It is much less stress when you are not worrying about work. Hopefully that will help how he feels throug the process.

Cathy F
September 6th, 2016, 11:28 PM
Wishing him a happy birthday and hope he enjoys the tacos and chocolate cake!

Grandma G
September 6th, 2016, 11:29 PM
Glad this day is behind him! Prayers continuing but revved up on the schedule days. Tell him to enjoy his birthday tacos!!!

bubba
September 7th, 2016, 12:54 AM
He did enjoy his tacos! I think he enjoyed his cake more!!! I lit the candles and sang and he grabbed the knife to cut it. Cake was a two layer round cake. He asked how large a piece I wanted....normal I told him. He cut the cake into quarters, then into 1/8ths. Asked me if that was big enough....uh, yes. I told you a normal slice. He ate all of his plus half of mine!!! I almost barfed watching him.

stationarymom
September 7th, 2016, 01:34 AM
My prayers will continue for the both of you.I'm glad he enjoyed his Birthday meal and that you were able to arrange his treatments so that they may not stop him from going to work.If I was closer I would gladly go with him for his treatment while you go to the retreat,I went with my dsil and with my Mom.they both got sick from their treatments but in different ways.This was years ago I hope the meds they gave MM help to control that a lot.

GaGa
September 7th, 2016, 02:11 AM
So glad they were able to change his treatment days - and that you all were able to enjoy his birthday!! Prayers on Thursday this week!!

WendyI
September 7th, 2016, 10:51 AM
Glad they could accommodate the treatment days and that he got to at least enjoy his bday. Hope the anti-nauseants work well! Will be thinking of you both! xox