PDA

View Full Version : SO YOU THINK YOU ARE HAVING A BAD HAIR DAY

MayinJerset
September 6th, 2016, 04:32 PM
It doesn't compare with mine, and I'm having lunch with the girls. What was your worse Bad Hair Day?

CraftyJnet
September 6th, 2016, 05:25 PM
When I was 19, my best friend gave me a perm one weekend - I had long hair at the time - and it didn't take. So the next sunday she permed my hair again and I slept in the curlers "to make sure it would take". When I got up and removed the curlers, I had a huge afro. So I washed my hair (and part of the perm) out of my hair to get rid of the afro.

Then I decided to get a professional perm and went to the hairdressers that week. He asked me "Have I ever given you a perm before?' and I said no, because he hadn't. And I told him my hair didn't take perms well. So he said he would give me a strong one.

When it came time to take the curlers out, he got this panicked look on his face as he took out the first curler. He started taking out the curlers really fast and asked me "Are you sure you haven't had a perm before?" So I told him about the two perms over the last two weekends and he really got scared. Anyway, my hair was fried. He had to cut most of it off. I looked like I had a furry q-tip for a head by the time he was done.

jjkaiser
September 6th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Everyday is my bad hair day! I have really thick curly wavy frizzy hair to almost my shoulders. I stopped highlighting it 2 years ago and I like to tell my friends that "fifty shades of gray" is the exact color of my hair. I am working towards the old lady with single braid over her shoulder look. If I had my way I would just cut it off real short but my husband just has a fit every time I say I am getting it cut. Why are guys like this anyway??!!!!

bubba
September 6th, 2016, 05:56 PM
I wake up every morning with my hair all different directions of craziness!!

Iris Girl
September 6th, 2016, 06:02 PM
Every day as my hair is below my shoulders baby fine and curly/wavy depending on the humidity. It is 50 shades of gray now. Hubby was not crazy about it but has adjusted. And he too is another man who does not like me in short hair. So I will be that old lady with the long gray ponytail over my shoulder. Its fine because if its too short I can't put it up when it gets hot and I can not stand any hair on my neck when its hot as it is my head and neck that sweat the most.

Bubby
September 6th, 2016, 06:07 PM
I have thick, curly/wavy/frizzy reddish hair. Currently it's a short bob sort of a thing but I often end up pulling back the top of my hair into a clip and then putting on my horned rim glasses. It's a startling look at times. It's also highlighted right now in an attempt to blend in my gray. I guess lately every day is a bad hair day.

Sharyn J
September 6th, 2016, 06:47 PM
My hair has a life of her own!

KarenC
September 6th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Went for a body wave once when I was pregnant. Came home and DH said "You paid money for THAT!". That said it all, washed my hair 3 times a day for the next week trying to get it to relax.

grammaterry
September 6th, 2016, 08:50 PM
I remember 30 years ago I was selling herbs and spices at a home and garden show and a group of old women came in and we had a conversation. we were talking about hair and I mentioned I would probably keep my hair long and one woman said< That is great dear...you'll know when its time to let go of your hair.
Well, Now I'm in my late 60's and I"ve thought for the past 10 years I was just going to be the bun lady. I get it cut to my shoulders and it grows and grows and then I get it cut to my shoulders because it's heavy. Well, for about 2 weeks now, I have been admiring short hair cuts that look like I could manage. So I sat with DH and asked him what he thought. He said, "its your hair" then he said, if you don't like it, it will grow. I still haven't decided, but I might be to the point of knowing when its time.

pcbatiks
September 6th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Good question, May. I have quite a few bad hair days especially during the humid summer weather. My hair is thin, fine and straight. Some days my hair cooperates with me and other times....it's as if my hair is saying "no....we're not going to do that"!

I know it's time to cut it when it gets so limp that I can't do a thing with it. I've mentioned this before......as the grays are coming in more and more......I should just tell people that I've been sanding sheetrock..... and it's sheetrock dust! :D

Have you ever noticed that the same hair that has been driving you crazy will do perfectly the day of your haircut appointment! :D

Snip Snip
September 7th, 2016, 09:32 AM
I used to be a beautician in one of my past lives, and I still have awful hair. The highlight of my hair story lately is when a friend, noticing the grey streak down the back of my head, said "You know, some people pay good money to get their hair to look like that!"

I have always envied people who have a hair style that suits them and they stick with it. Forever. Maybe they are not fashion icons, but at least they know what their hair wants to do. And they don't fight it.

MRoy
September 7th, 2016, 10:01 AM
My hair is like Pam's...thin, fine and stick straight. I don't get perms partly for two reasons (1) my hair won't stay wrapped around the perm rods, and (2) it takes a strong perm to get much curl and my hair ends up burnt. I keep it short because when it gets some length it goes flat and won't hold the curl from the curling iron. One good thing...I have very little gray....I took after my Dad in that respect.

MayinJerset
September 7th, 2016, 10:38 AM
I'm another one with limp hair. My hair perms OK but it grows fast and in a few months it is long and won't hold a curl at all and the process begins again.

What was the worst hair style you tried? Mine was the bee hive. Had it done at local cheapie shop for a formal dinner and I looked as if my head was twice its size. Believe me a whole bee hive of bees could have lived there. Needless to say I washed that hive out and went to the dinner with my regular everyday hairstyle.

SewnByBee
September 7th, 2016, 11:03 AM
My worst was when I was on the swim - team and We came up out of the water, to hear someone say , wow....she's got green hair.....I'm looking around to see who there talking about, when I said Who has green hair, they said You.
.....Now that was a bad hair day.......lol
FYI ....BLOND HAIR + CLOREEN + DAILY = GREEN HAIR

the cure is Mayonnaise. ...lol + lemon juice.....

# 2
When I was a young and trying to find my style , I went to a guy, to get my hair done and he takes his fingers and just ruffles up my hair , then takes a tessing comb to it.....messing it up a bit more, saying you can do this .....MESSED UP ....look very well..... I said Grate,
at least , it was done on purpose......LOL......

I have a frizzy - ness to my straight hsir, so hairspray, is my friend, add a little fluuf, and a texturing hair spray, lift Teese, lift, comb backwards.... and hey.....it does work for me.
So my strategy is to just go with it.

....80'S Hair !!!!

...... 134792

pcbatiks
September 7th, 2016, 11:28 AM
May....do you have a picture of that beehive hair-do? I would love to see that! :D

SewnByBee
September 7th, 2016, 12:39 PM
My mom..... Bee hive hair do.....

..... 134798

MayinJerset
September 7th, 2016, 05:52 PM
I don't have any photos with my bee hive hair do, it was something like this one. Have to say it did make me taller.

Then there is the woman with the ultimate bee hive hair do, Marge Simpson.134809Don't know who her friend, is she came along with Marge's photo.

GuitarGramma
September 7th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Ah, hair, my favorite subject. Not.

I have curly, wavy or frizzy hair depending on the humidity and whether it's hair that has stayed brown or turned grey. In other words, the hair at the back of my neck is WAY curlier than the hair on top of my head. One of Miss Clairol's friends makes sure that no one gets to see the color difference, but the texture does give it away!

My worst hair day got immortalized, I kid you not. I got up late and my bangs were basically sticking up at a 60 degree angle. I had to make a phone call, so I just headed into my office. You know, my office at the front of the house where I can see the street. And the street can see me. Also, the Google Maps car could see me when it drove by AND TOOK MY PICTURE AND PUT IT ON THE INTERNET!!!!!

Fortunately, they update those photos from time to time, so I guess it wasn't really immortal. It just felt like it for a year.

bttyboopette
September 8th, 2016, 03:30 PM
not mentioning all the years growing up that my mother would practice giving perms, on me. argh. about 10 years ago, went to my hair guy, Robert, for some highlights. the salon had just swapped to a new organic line of hair products. he'd been doing my hair for years. long story short. my hair, which was long to my middle back, turned PUMPKIN ORANGE. it was a Friday night, I had gone in straight from work. hubby was at home with dinner, I called him and asked him to bring it to the salon, and enough for Robert. Robert very quietly asked me if my husband was a 'big man'.....lol...we were there until 1030 that night. he did 2 more rounds of color and got it back to a brown. months later they found out it was the portion he had added for my gray hair. they figured it out when it happened to another woman.

pcbatiks
September 8th, 2016, 04:25 PM
not mentioning all the years growing up that my mother would practice giving perms, on me. argh. about 10 years ago, went to my hair guy, Robert, for some highlights. the salon had just swapped to a new organic line of hair products. he'd been doing my hair for years. long story short. my hair, which was long to my middle back, turned PUMPKIN ORANGE. it was a Friday night, I had gone in straight from work. hubby was at home with dinner, I called him and asked him to bring it to the salon, and enough for Robert. Robert very quietly asked me if my husband was a 'big man'.....lol...we were there until 1030 that night. he did 2 more rounds of color and got it back to a brown. months later they found out it was the portion he had added for my gray hair. they figured it out when it happened to another woman.

Was it during the fall? You could have made that pumpkin orange work for you. :D

songbird857
September 8th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Okay, not necessarily BAD, but humorous nonetheless... I was playing the part of Consuela in West Side Story; well, I had to dye my very dark brown hair, BLONDE (and darken my very pale skin LOL...), because there is a reference to her hair color. Believe it or not, I used Jolene creme bleach (it's a wonder my hair didn't fall out) -
Well, the first batch only reddened my hair and lightened it a bit - so for opening night... Act 2, Scene 1, the opening line was changed to "Tonight is my last night as a REDHEAD"!!!! LOL... I was able to get it blonde for the next night ;)

SallyO'Sews
September 8th, 2016, 11:46 PM
Have you ever noticed that the same hair that has been driving you crazy will do perfectly the day of your haircut appointment! :D

Story of my life!! :icon_rolleyes:

GaGa
September 8th, 2016, 11:49 PM
Well my hair was medium length but now that I can only use one arm, I got it cut short. Yesterday, I made hubby hold my blow dryer in the air so I could try to use a brush to "style" it while he was "drying" it. It was quite a trick - and he's not the hair-dresser type so he wasn't good at it AT ALL but, bless his heart, he tried. Mostly I just look a mess with flat hair and I will for a few more weeks. Guess it doesn't look any worse than when my mom gave me Toni or Lilt home perms when I was young!!

pcbatiks
September 8th, 2016, 11:51 PM
Well my hair was medium length but now that I can only use one arm, I got it cut short. Yesterday, I made hubby hold my blow dryer in the air so I could try to use a brush to "style" it while he was "drying" it. It was quite a trick - and he's not the hair-dresser type so he wasn't good at it AT ALL but, bless his heart, he tried. Mostly I just look a mess with flat hair and I will for a few more weeks. Guess it doesn't look any worse than when my mom gave me Toni or Lilt home perms when I was young!!

Did your mom cut your bangs too?! :D Mine did.....oh lawd.....I still pick at her about that sometimes.

GaGa
September 8th, 2016, 11:57 PM
Did your mom cut your bangs too?! :D Mine did.....oh lawd.....I still pick at her about that sometimes.

You bet she did - and they were never straight even if she used the scotch tape method!!