PDA

View Full Version : the tote is packed.....

bubba
September 5th, 2016, 11:36 PM
Tomorrow morning is chemo for MM. It is also his 60th birthday. What a way to celebrate!

I have one of my totes packed. Hard candy, crackers, graham crackers, my handy dandy notebook and pen, and his COC quilt, all ready to go. I believe he is packing apple slices and grapes in the morning. I'll also be filling my water container and grab my Mio and Kindle. They want someone with him, so I am the designated sitter.

They told us to be there at 0930 and that it would take all day. I'm curious as to why it will take so long, because his mothers never took all day long. He will go every Tuesday for the next three weeks, then have a week off and start all over again. Five rounds worth.

Please keep your fingers crossed for us.....I don't do vomit well.

mischiefkat
September 5th, 2016, 11:43 PM
My friends chemo took the better part of the day,very slow drip rate. Kathy

K. McEuen
September 6th, 2016, 12:03 AM
You should sneak him in a cupcake or muffin for his birthday. Tomorrow morning may be the only time he feels like eating anything. Hopefully this chemo won't be the one that makes him nauseated. Not all of them do that, but each person is different. Wonder if he will have to wake you up tomorrow ...

BTW, tell him to have the happiest birthday that he can. :)

Bubby
September 6th, 2016, 12:13 AM
When my husband Mike was having chemo it took several hours. First blood was drawn and the doctor had to read the results. Then there was a consultation with the doctor. Then he was given a large bag of saline, followed by the chemo. Some days we were there 5 hours and other times 8-9 hours. Once a month his port had to be flushed.

Wish MM a good birthday and I hope his chemo doesn't make him too sick. There are new meds that really help control nausea.
Good luck to both of you.

GaGa
September 6th, 2016, 12:46 AM
I'll be thinking of you and your husband tomorrow, Pat. Not everyone gets nauseous. My son never did - but that was 26 years ago. As Barb mentioned, they have several anti-nausea drugs now so I hope he does well. Understandably you are focused on him right now but did you ever get a chance to schedule an appointment to get your shoulder checked out? I'm hoping you've been blessed with a miracle and it's better!!

Kgrammiecaz
September 6th, 2016, 01:16 AM
Prayers added for a good day tomorrow. Happy Birthday to your hubby. Get all the nurses to sing HB to him. And yes there are many new meds for nausea these days, so hopefully they will have that covered.

stationarymom
September 6th, 2016, 01:17 AM
Pat i'll be thinking of you.I hope everything goes well and that the chemo doesn't make MM to sick if at all. When my mom had her chemo it affected the other end of her.I hope MM can have a Happy Birthday.Best wishes.

Simply Quilting
September 6th, 2016, 01:21 AM
Tell MM, Happy Birthday!!! Sorry that he has to spend it the way he is. Prayers that everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

bubba
September 6th, 2016, 01:47 AM
One of us in this house is very nervous about tomorrow......and it is not him! I don't know why I am because I went to every chemo appointment with his mom. We were always in and out in a few hours. They always did one small bag of anti-nauseous medicine first, followed by the chemo. That is the same they will be doing with him. They have told him this chemo should not make him sick at all and it should not cause him to lose any hair. The first two weeks are the same medicines and the third they add another to it..

The youngest daughter is making him a German chocolate cake. I did not invite anyone to have dinner with us and it will be just the two of us. As normal, he has requested tacos. It makes me a little nervous, but hey, I won't be the one getting sick.

For those of you worried about my shoulder.....the other day it made a loud popping sound. Since then, it has felt much better. Yesterday I was able to sew for a couple hours before getting tired. Today my arm did not hurt any more than it did before sewing, but I did not push my luck. It was a sewless day, as tomorrow will be. I have 21 more things I need to make before the retreat, but I want to have some extras for just in cases.

stationarymom
September 6th, 2016, 01:52 AM
I'm glad to hear that your arm didn't hurt anymore after sewing than before.Hopefully that's a good sign.

sewlucky
September 6th, 2016, 01:53 AM
Hugs for both of you. I will be thinking about you guys tomorrow and hope his treatment goes well. ❤️

Jean Sewing Machine
September 6th, 2016, 02:10 AM
Will be praying for you both tomorrow! Hope he feels like eating birthday cake afterward! German chocolate cake was my hubby's favorite birthday cake, too!

Bjvarizona
September 6th, 2016, 02:14 AM
Thinking of you tomorrow! The hardest part may be sitting down all day! Lets just hope! Sounds like you've packed well.

Iris Girl
September 6th, 2016, 05:35 AM
Thinking of you and MM on your journey through Chemo. Hoping it does not make him sick. Glad the popping in your shoulder made it feel better. Hugs to you both and a Happiest Birthday MM can have.

TMP
September 6th, 2016, 05:52 AM
Bless his heart. I will be thinking of you and you both will be in my prayers. Hugs

Cathy F
September 6th, 2016, 06:33 AM
Thinking of you both and hoping all goes smoothly and quickler than you anticipate tomorrow.

pcbatiks
September 6th, 2016, 07:19 AM
I'll be thinking of you and your hubby too. Hoping all goes well and he can enjoy his cake and tacos.

KarenC
September 6th, 2016, 07:51 AM
Thinking of you today and hoping for the best.

songbird857
September 6th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Praying for you both, Pat - tons of hugs too. Happy Birthday to MM :)

MayinJerset
September 6th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Wishing you both a safe journey through this day, you have prepared well. Praying that the treatments are MM's BDay gift that will make him cancer free. Hugs for both of you.

Sandy Navas
September 6th, 2016, 09:22 AM

GOT YOU BOTH COVERED!!!!!

JaniceR
September 6th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Thinking of you and MM and hoping all goes well and the chemo doesn't make him sick (at all ever). Please give him Happy Birthday wishes from all of us. I'm sorry his 60th is being spent like this but I like May's wish that his present will be treatment making him cancer free!

Please take care of yourself in this whole process and I hope both of you come through it all happy and well!!

SuzyQue
September 6th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Prayers for you both and Happy Birthday wishes!

WendyI
September 6th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Definitely thinking of you both today and hoping all goes smoothly and he can at least enjoy some BDay cake! (((HUGS)))

Grandma G
September 6th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Good luck and many prayers for today's events. What a birthday present... As for your shoulder - do you think it has been dislocated all this time? I sure am glad it seems to be doing better. Knock on wood...

Tell MM happy birthday although the venue leaves a lot to be desired...

stitching woman
September 6th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Thinking of you both today and wishing you well. Happy birthday to MM!

seaturtle
September 6th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Praying that all goes smoothly today.

grandma nurse
September 6th, 2016, 04:01 PM
When you said that your shoulder popped made me wonder if it has been dislocated all this time and now that some inflammation is decreased it was able to go back in place. What ever the reason I'm so glad it is better. Tacos sound good especially on taco Tuesday. I hope all goes well and keep you sense of humor, Nurse Ratchet.

CraftyJnet
September 6th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Prayers are being sent your way. I hope his birthday is uneventful other than getting serenaded by the nurses!

bubba
September 6th, 2016, 05:54 PM
My shoulder was not dislocated, the xrays showed that. I don't know what the popping was, but it cut the pain by about 75%.