• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Almost the weekend - here's Thursday

Well I don't know about you but if I had to sit on this Santa's lap, I would be screaming too. Ever seen any creepy Santies? My kids never had their pix taken with any; don't think we ever went to the mall to see any. Hmmm. Got any funny Santa stories?

Good Morning Everyone! It is officially thursday here in my little corner of the world where I have been awake since 4 am, sipping coffee, morning chit chat with the big man, thinking about getting ready to get ready for work. Prayers shared this morning with hubs for our family and friends who are in need. Heaven, Em, and the other youngsters who need a healing touch; for the Moms and Dads, those among us who suffer with daily pain ~ physical & mental , those who have lost their loved ones ~ and oh, so many unspoken prayer requests.

Tonite we have a Christmas dinner to attend, probably won't be back in here until tomorrow morning -
    have a splendid day, full of promise and SMILE!!

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: Almost the weekend - here's Thursday

Good Morning!!

I've been up for hours and feel full of energy...maybe I can get my housework done today. Yesterday I baked cookies and other goodies all day. DH will take a big tray to work today for the guys he works with.

Still no sewing going on at my house....but I can sew all day tomorrow if my back can tolerate the chair. I'm wishing for a new chair from Santa this year.

My prayers are with all of my quilty sisters and their families. I'm sure we have some happy Moms and Grandmas here since the war has been halted and we are bringing our men and women back home. I'm praying they will all make it back home safely.

DH is just rolling out of the sack and it's time to get my morning started. Talk to you a little later....Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• KiltedQuilter
      Missouri Star
      • Sep 2011

I do have a funny Santa story actually, glad you asked!

It was when my son was very little, we were in a craft centre near us(now closed), it was a BIG place(well, big for Scotland!) made of a huge old farm building they had so much room that at Christmas they had a grotto. Well, we were shopping and I was looking at some of the paint brushes and paints etc and whadayaknow Santa walked through, en route to his grotto. I pointed this amazing sight out to my son, who quick as a flash said(at the TOP of his voice, I should add!)
      "Oh Mummy that's not the REAL Santa, he has a funny beard!"
      The shame! I was quite red faced about it, but luckily for us there were not any other children in the store just then, phew!

I was AWOL for a couple of days as I have been busy busy with prep for the big day(the hubby got the decorations down from the spider infested attic, yay!) also I met up with an old school friend I have not seen in about 20 years yesterday, SO good to see her(I made 4choc brownies and tablet[a Scottish sweetie, like fudge but harder] in the morning and made a wee box up for her, hubby took some to work too).

Have an awesome day everyone....it's getting excitingly close now!
      Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2010

The sun is shining in London. That's always a pleasant surprise. LOL I'm told there will be lots of rain and maybe some snow. I don't know if London will experience much of it. We'll see. Well, I'm starting to pack for the long journey to the U.S. I just hope I can fit some clothes in my suitcase. It'll be a tight squeeze with all those quits I'm taking with me. I hope I don't go over the weight limit. I think it's rotten that only one suitcase can be taken with a $50 charge for each extra bag. Travelling overseas carrying one bag is a difficult task. Oh well, can't beat the system. Would rather not spend it on a heavy suitcase. Think how many charm packs I could buy with 50 bucks!

What a relief!!! The package of gifts to the German relatives was finally delivered. That was quite a scare when I checked the tracking to find there was a problem with the address. As it turns out the address on the package was correct. Don't know why there was a problem. I'm sure hoping they like those gifts.

I'm going to start a"basket of flowers"hand embroidery block as my "keep busy" task during travel. Someone suggested using those battery-operated moon lights under a piece of glass as a light table for tracing. Forget it!!! I bought a pack of them at Walmart on one of my visits home. Three of those lights together did absolutely nothing to light up the project. I ended up laying a lamp underneath the glass to get enough light. Any ideas for what to do with these useless moon lights?

Blondie, what time do you fall asleep at night? You must barely make it through the evening news. Gosh, I don't think you even make it to sunrise and you're out of bed drinkin' that cup o' joe. Where did that expression come from? It makes no sense. About all I could fit in my cup would be a couple of Joe's toes. Besides why would I want him bathing in my morning coffee? LOL

I sure don't like that Santa! He seems to be enjoying the little boy's screams of terror! My kids never wanted to visit Santa. I never insisted either. I could barely get a professional picture of my older daughter when she was little. Putting her on Santa's knee would not have gone well. She asked me at one point why I had more pictures of her sister. I told her it was because she'd scream bloody murder everytime I took her inside a photography studio. LOL

Enjoy the day, Folks!
        Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; December 15, 2011, 04:33 AM.
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• MRoy
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2011

Good morning...That's an evil looking Santa! No great Santa stories here...living in a very rural area, we didn't get a lot of opportunities to take son to see Santa when he was little.

My nephew (by marriage) is on his way home from Iraq and we're all so happy that he's almost home. I wish all the troops in Afghanistan could come home now too.

Happy Packing today Rebecca! Can you vacuum seal anything to make it take up less room?
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2010

Thanks, Myrna! I guess that would help but it's the weight that's primarily the issue. How exciting that your nephew is coming home. He must be so happy to know he's coming home especially during the holiday season. Have fun over the holidays, Myrna!
            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• markzdemetrez
              Shiny Thimble
              • Dec 2011

Baby is scared.
              Magnifying Glasses

Comment

• Monique
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2011

Good morning everyone.

Well I finally got the tree up, with tree topper and lights. The lights are all blue and it looks really nice at night. Will finish today in the daylight.

Some sewing needs to get done. Perhaps today.

Have a great day everyone.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Loonwatcher
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2011

Good Morning All,

I have a table runner I need to wash before it gets wrapped and given away on Saturday to some dear friends. But I didn't want to run the whole washer for one item - it's a front loader and you can't adjust the level. So I made another table topper for myself (the fabric was originally purchased for me anyway) and some coasters to go with. Just have to finish up the coasters and get them all into the wash tonight. Pics to follow.

Then I better get wrapping. Also, this weekend we need to get the rest of our outside lights and the tree up. We're running late with that stuff. Better late than never I guess.

Prayers to all who need it; Em, Heather, and everyone else. Sandy, how's your bumps and bruises doing? Heal fast.

Better get back to work,
                  ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                    Missouri Star
                    • Dec 2010

Good morning from "Ole Bumpy and Bruisy". It is amazing how many aches and pains an old frame can handle, but I am up and around and functioning . . . somewhat. I still don't have any Christmas decorations up and I am wondering if I will at all. We do have my brother and sister coming for lunch on Monday and unless I get fired up on Sunday nothing is going to be done. I don't know if I am in a blue funk or if I'm feeling stressed (not really) or if I am totally in a "Bah, Humbug" mood . . . DD seems to think that I totally suffer from seasonal-affective disorder and she may be correct. We have had a very strange end of the fall season here. Yesterday morning it poured down rain with thunder and lightening - the middle of December? What's with that?

I am not even getting dressed today - heading to the sewing room and trying to finish up about four projects that have to be done. Next week I'll be making cookies with the granddaughters. Time is passing by too quickly.

I have such a long prayer list so I'll just let you know that you are among my requests to our good Lord - and I'm sending special warm wishes and lots of hugs along the way.
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• KiltedQuilter
                      Missouri Star
                      • Sep 2011

I have the tree up, the twinkly lights on and the baubles. The garland is on the mantlepiece and the wreath on the door!

I'm feeling festive! But Blondie's Santa gives me the heebeegeebees every time I see him....*shudder
                      Off to make a hot drink for the teenager due in any minute(he's at after school study class), it's SO cold outside!
                      Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• cyndiofthevortex
                        Missouri Star
                        • Oct 2011

Hi everybody,

Almost Merry Christmas to you all! I hope we get snow. It's bad enough living in cold New Hampshire for the winter. We should at least get a white Christmas.

Today am delivering the last of the tablerunners. Yesterday finished one wallhanging, dreaded binding all sewn on. One more wallhanging to finish today and deliver tonight, and then on to try to make three little lap quilts for my three absolutely beautiful GDs. I have one top made, one needs one or two long seams to finish the top and last night I picked out fabric for the third. Have you not been able to fall asleep for thoughts of fabrics and patterns? I should NOT play with fabric right before bed! I can't get up at four like some of you brave quilty warriors but I can stay awake until one in the morning itching to get up and sew.

More decorations go up today to make the house more Christmasy for guests we're having for dinner. Lots of snowmen, my favorite because I can keep them up all winter to chase the blues away. Can you tell I'm destined for Florida someday?

Cyndi
                        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

• toggpine
                          Missouri Star
                          • Aug 2009

Hello!
                          We won't bring in the tree until a few days before. It is a live one from the front yard and if it is inside for too long the shock will kill it.
                          My outside kitty snuck in and is demanding some attention. Very strange for her. I can't blame her for wanting to sneak in the warm house, but she usually just pokes around the kitchen and then wants right back out.
                          Em hasn't been too thrilled with Santa's until this year. They had a very nice one at the party at Dad's union hall. She was soo thrilled to get to tell him what she wanted. Last year she got to see the Fireman Santa as he came by the house. Every year they have a Santa Sleigh that they drive through the different neighborhoods. Seeing as we have several friends on the FD they make sure we are a stop. Em wasn't so sure about him, but took the candy cane and said "thanks". We'll see what her reaction is this year. I can't imagine making my kid sit in the lap of a santa that looked that creepy.
                          I got the gingerbread baked yesterday and now the sugar cookies are waiting to be done. I have to rustle up some teacher gifts for this afternoon and a birthday present for Saturday. I think we are the only ones that have said we are coming out of her whole kindergarten class. That is pretty sad.
                          Well, if I don't get off of here, I'll never get anything done!
                          Check back in with you later!
                          Cathy
                          Be who you are and say what you feel
                          because those who mind don't matter,
                          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• Mrs.Sew&Sew
                            The Guild President
                            • Oct 2011

Hello all yes I am late again. But had a lot of things to do in the A.M. and even more in the P.M.
                            Finished up a Block of the month this morning before 70 so I can take it to Guild meeting tonight to for the ladies to see.
                            After that I went to the church to set up the Nativity and decorations for the Guild meeting/Christmas party tonight. I hope everyone can attend. After I get home tonight I have to finish packing so we can leave to go on our trip. We are attending a wedding of a family member and it is in the mountains so that man-o-mine said lets have a mini vacation. So just us and our little man will go to the mountains as part of our Christmas gift it will be fun!
                            Hope everyone is safe this holiday and has a Very Merry Christmas. I will not be on for quite a while. I will miss you I will pray for all of you. Hope you will do the same for me! ((((Hugs))))
                            http://renewingmrssewsew.blogspot.com
                            Until next time hugs and best stitches to you all,
                            Michelle

Comment

• quilter.martha
                              Missouri Star
                              • May 2011

Its been a busy day here. Started off with wrapping gifts this morning. We're having our own Christmas Wednesday afternoon before we fly out, so I need to be ready. Still have a little more to go, but I needed to get to the mall to do some clothes shopping for me. I needed new dress black pants and black shoes to go with it (gotta be ready for Mom's funeral). I had instant success with the pants, but it took me a while to find a pair of shoes that I considered acceptable. But, all is bought and I got home and dove into some sewing. I'm sitting here now, ready to sew down the binding on a small snowman I'm finishing. Funny thing, it was supposed to be for a DF, and I was hard working on it when they called to come over with condolences. Sooo, I took the one I made for me off the wall, threw it in a christmas bag and had it ready to give to her then! So now this one is mine. Crazy. Binding quilts is not my favorite part of the making, but at least this one is only about 13" square.
                              When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                              X