PDA

View Full Version : Early Bird Night Owl

kimsophia
September 4th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Hoot hoot! It's not midnight here yet so this will be an early night owl post! I took a Trazodone sometime in the late morning as I didn't get enough sleep the night before and wanted to be sure to get a good nap...yeah, I slept! Until 7 p.m.! The sun was going down when I woke up...lol I guess the owls do that!

So I'll probably be up all night watching Create TV, which is a PBS channel we get on the rabbit ears. And probably working on Santa #5, although I need my "morning" coffee to be alert enough to do it right...had to rip out a section last night. It was a mistake on Santa's hand, not his robes, where I can usually hide my mistakes.

We watched "Hello, Dolly" on Netflix this morning before I fell asleep. DH had the closed captioning on and I finally understood some lyrics I have been baffled on since childhood! :D

Hoot early, hoot often! How are you? @,@

sewlucky
September 5th, 2016, 12:15 AM
I'm good! It's chilly here this long weekend so I've been mostly under a blanket somewhere. I did finish putting together a quilt top that I started last week at my first ever quilt class. I also have a baby quilt ready to baste and get quilted hopefully I will do that tomorrow. I've been overthinking on it. It's cute, just not really what I had in my minds eye. The good thing in I'm using a little stash up so that I can alleviate some guilt around the buying I've done lately.

I have had a busy and chaotic year. I decided not to go back to school this fall and have got some resumes out for a job. Hopefully I will get something full time but I did interview for a great part-time temp position on Thursday.

I've missed sewing this year, and hanging around the M* forum. I really haven't had time to do a whole lot - a table runner, a set of pillow cases for my bed and two quilt tops has been the extent since June. I guess I also finished that pixelated heart quilt for our daughter's friends wedding. Oh, and I learned how to make English Paper Pieced hexies! Maybe this fall I will get some fun projects done.

Terri

Cokie
September 5th, 2016, 12:50 AM
I've had a lazy day, which I really needed! Worked on some pillow cases this afternoon, DS came over and cook ribs on the grill, and watched baseball and cross-stitched tonight. I have one pillow case completely done and four more in progress - I stopped when DS said dinner was ready! :-) The cuffs are on all of them, so all I have to do is sew up the sides and bottoms. Shouldn't take too long tomorrow - might even have time to cut out a few more and sew them up.

kimsophia, glad you got a good nap but hope you can get on a good sleep schedule. I'd be up all night if I did that. Have fun stitching. I find it relaxing in the evenings.

Terri, I think you have accomplished quite a lot this year! Since June you've done quite a bit - you should be proud of that! Hope to see you around more often and see your beautiful projects.

Have a good night, all!

KarenC
September 5th, 2016, 01:06 AM
Church, grocery shopping and nap took care of my morning. Once I woke up and realized that I had slept for 2 hours, got busy with cleaning the bathrooms. Next came vacuuming. Then decided to reward myself and I sewed the binding for DS's quilt. Wow, this is going to take awhile to hand stitch 432 inches of binding. Watched some quilt cam archives on youtube to help the time appear to move faster. Tomorrow will be laundry day. Maybe I can do some organizing in the sewing room since it'seems supposed to rain once again. So tired of rain. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Labor Day tomorrow.

GaGa
September 5th, 2016, 01:17 AM
I'm about to OD on quilting videos! Since I have another 4 weeks before I can get rid of this shoulder immobilizer, I have to do something other than sewing to occupy my time. Did a little sewing room organization today. Showered and dressed (believe me when I say this takes much time and effort). Will be SO glad when I can dress myself!! DH and I have have been reduced to fits of laughter at times. Hope everyone has a great - and relaxing - Labor Day tomorrow!

stationarymom
September 5th, 2016, 01:49 AM
Hoot hoot i'm glad the Night Owls are out tonight early is better than not at all.I had a real lazy day today I got up with all kinds of plans for thing that need to be finished ,but I had a seizure and slept all day(I hate that).I hope tomorrow will bring a better day for me.Kim My Nephew used to take trazadone for sleep and it would knock him out.He needed to take it for a while as a kid because he was afraid to go to sleep because of bad memories that haunted him in his sleep.Terri it sounds like you've accomplished a lot since June if you ask me.It was nice here today and yesterday but cold at night I had to break out a heavy blanket.I hope everyone has a good Holiday tomorrow.

sewlucky
September 5th, 2016, 01:55 AM
Thanks ladies, you know it's funny that when I listed it all in writing I do think I've gotten some good amount of projects done after all. I think it's why it's good to keep a journal of completed projects. I have one but I am quite a bit behind on writing in my completed work.

Terri

SallyO'Sews
September 5th, 2016, 02:05 AM
I'm almost done with a quilt for my soon-to-be grandson, but DD#1 came over this evening, so she and I are watching a Downton Abbey marathon on our local PBS station. I only watched the last season regularly, but she never saw it at all, so we're having a great time. I've got tomorrow off for the holiday, and I'll finish the quilt then. Sometimes time with family is even more important than sewing for them.

Judy, USMC
September 5th, 2016, 02:17 AM
Like Kim I took a nap and woke up at sunset. Whew - didn't think I was that tired. Good to see you back Terri! And Cokie - can I borrow your son? Would love to have some grilled ribs...

Karen - you are so energetic - if you run out of things to do you can come to my house. And Brenda - I hope the dressing situation will be just a happy memory soon.

I wasn't moving much the past few days - hunkering down during the storm. Today I wanted to get some laundry done and didn't realize how sore I was from the medical procedure I had done on Friday. So I'm going to take it easy for another day ...

kimsophia
September 5th, 2016, 02:39 AM
Okay, wait a minute--a couple of you ladies said you were using blankets! Not quilts? ;)

For Sally and anybody interested in the topic, here's a link to a "Sewing With Nancy" segment of the costumes of Downton Abbey: http://wptblog.org/2015/08/sewing-with-nancy-explores-the-fashions-of-downton-abbey/
I love the history of fashion, men and women's. I wonder what people of the future will think of our current fashions.

I saw a Cook's Country episode tonight on a rice and lentil dish with crispy onions that sounds like a lot of work, but worth it, so I'm gonna have DH get the ingredients. I'll probably be cooking it in the middle of the night tomorrow! :)

sewlucky
September 5th, 2016, 02:53 AM
Okay, wait a minute--a couple of you ladies said you were using blankets! Not quilts? ;)

Haha! On my bed I was under a quilt, but on the couch I'm under a knitted afghan. Hubby has a quilt on his chair. I'm gifting away the two lap quilts that I've used year round and I am not ready to get out my Christmas quilt yet �� But by gifting the lap quilts away I have a good excuse to make myself another quilt.... ��

kimsophia
September 5th, 2016, 04:02 AM
Aha! Now I see! It's an excuse to make more quilts! :D Very clever!

MayinJerset
September 5th, 2016, 04:43 AM
Hoot, Hoot, I'm in my tree tonight, was to a party and overdid it a bit but I was celebrating my new dress, Do you think it makes my butt look big? 134747

Seriously I've been just funning you, been home all night with my little COC quilt keeping me warm. We enjoy having the windows open since there is such a sweet cool breeze coming in but it does get a bit chilly. You gals have been busy and deserve a break so how about we meet here tomorrow night and party and Hoot Up the neighborhood? I'll bring the dip and chips.

kimsophia
September 5th, 2016, 04:55 AM
Yum! I love chips and dip! I'm in! And your new dress is mah-velous...simply mah-velous... :)