PDA

View Full Version : Chilly Night Owl on a Saturday night

Judy, USMC
September 4th, 2016, 02:15 AM
There was actually a chill in the air tonight ... fall is coming. Hermine past during the early morning hours with little damage. We did manage to get 5 inches of rain but no major flooding.

Got a M* shipment - pink & blue backing material for some baby quilts. Hope to get the sewing room organized enough to get some more pillowcases done. Just waiting on fabric to go with the Star Wars that Irene sent.

What's happening in your sewing room ... or will it be idle until after the holiday?

quiltsRfun
September 4th, 2016, 02:23 AM
I'm working on a baby quilt. I've been struggling with the design. It's for a boy and I always find those harder. Ive finally decided on a D9P. The baby will be here on Tuesday so I hope to get this done over the long weekend.

GrandmaE
September 4th, 2016, 02:38 AM
Did some cleaning up in my sewing room and installed a set of drawers under one end of my sewing table. Now starting to cut fabric for a baby quilt. Struggled for inspiration but decided to try a string quilt in Navy and Teals with a white strip down the center of each block and then probably white sashing strips between them. Hopefully tomorrow I can make some headway on it.

Cokie
September 4th, 2016, 03:06 AM
I should be sleeping but I'm wide awake. Been cutting out pillowcases so I can sew them tomorrow. I have some additional fabric for pillowcases ordered from M* but I doubt it will arrive in time so I'll do what I can. It's chilly here tonight too. Definitely feels like fall and it's so nice to have the windows open, especially to sleep. I have a couple more to cut out tonight then I'm heading to bed. Judy glad to hear you have minimal damage from the hurricane but 5 inches of rain is a LOT! Glad you are safe. Sleep well everyone and enjoy the long weekend.

kimsophia
September 4th, 2016, 03:13 AM
I'm working on Santa #5, the gold Santa. Did some more weeding today and hauled some water to my transplants. It's nice and cool here, too. :)

Jean Marie
September 4th, 2016, 04:59 AM
It's even cool here in Arizona.... When your used to 100 degrees, 70's is cool!

shermur
September 4th, 2016, 07:41 AM
My favorite time of the year around the corner and Arkansas is extremely beautiful in the fall as it is the Natural State. The hues of fall colors in the untouched mountain regions are gorgeous, I hope my family can get out more this fall season to experience the transition in person! I be lovin' the cooler temperatures versus the humid, hot summer!

I am not idle this holiday weekend! There is always too much to do (so much for relaxation).....you know, the yucky housework that is always behind, laundry and running errands.

I purchased several quilting templates yesterday at two local quilt shops; and very disappointed I cannot even begin to purchase an upgrade in sewing/quilting machine as there is one on sale I would love to have. The finances just aren't there at his time.

I will be trying to work on PHDs (projects half done) for the quilt guild challenge and still trying to figure out what to do with my situation with submitting a project at the Quilt Show in October. I am feeling the time crunch! Since I couldn't get the time off I requested for the quilt show, part of me is very disappointed and may NOT submit anything.

BethB
September 4th, 2016, 08:33 AM
I should be working on the quilt and pillow case for charity (through my quilt guild), the projects "marinating" while I start new projects, another pillow for the trailer and getting ready for the Fall Forum Retreat and my sewing room desperately needs cleaning and reorganized, but I still have 2 of 3 flower girl dresses and a junior bridesmaid dress my granddaughters will wear in my daughters wedding in November. I finished one about a month or so ago, and the others are cut out. I finally sat down to start the second one and couldn't remember one step for attaching the seams at the shoulder -- wow! that thread sure matches the satin, lace and lining perfectly! Judy, glad the rain didn't cause too many problems. Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend everyone.