PDA

View Full Version : Update on our Monique

Grandma Nan
September 4th, 2016, 12:21 AM
Hi everyone- I thought you would like to know that Monique is making good progress on her adventure. She sent me a message on her first night- she and Les were in a KOA campground in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. Tonight she is in Kekebeca Falls Provincial Park near Thunder Bay, Ontario. All is well and they are enjoying their trip.

When I hear from her next, I will keep everyone posted. I will not have internet access for a few days next week but I will post as I can.

Happy Labour Day Weekend. I can't believe the summer is basically over.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 4th, 2016, 12:26 AM
Thanks Nan! Good to hear from you also!

Judy, USMC
September 4th, 2016, 12:59 AM
Thanks Nan - Tell her we're thinking of her and hope she's enjoying herself.

Grandma Nan
September 4th, 2016, 01:08 AM
Thanks Nan - Tell her we're thinking of her and hope she's enjoying herself.

Will do. I was thinking about you today Judy and hoping you are not in NC with the hurricane. Glad to see you post as that is a good sign that you at least have power.

Grandma Nan
September 4th, 2016, 01:13 AM
Thanks Nan! Good to hear from you also!

Thanks Jean. It has been a busy summer. I missed seeing you up north over the summer. I just started a little part time job at Fabricland (sort of like the equivalent to Joann). Having lots of fun, I love it-working for fabric. I can't believe that everyone who hears this news says, "well that's like putting the fox in charge of watching the hen house" I (lol) don't understand what they mean.

Heading off glamping next week-last time for this season.

stationarymom
September 4th, 2016, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the update Nan.It's good to hear that they are having a good time during their travels.

Lori63
September 4th, 2016, 02:04 AM
Glad to hear they're having a good time. Nan, do you take any money home or spend it all on fabric???

Grandma Nan
September 4th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Glad to hear they're having a good time. Nan, do you take any money home or spend it all on fabric???

Well I just started so I haven't received a pay cheque yet but I have my eye on some drapery materials that will undoubtedly cost more than my first pay but I must keep control or it will be a losing proposition. Ha Ha.

songbird857
September 4th, 2016, 09:39 AM
A job at Fabricland.... now THAT would be trouble ;)
Thanks for the update on Monique :) Hugs...

CarolynK
September 4th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the update. That is such beautiful country up there and glad she is enjoying it.