PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed?

Deegles
September 3rd, 2016, 09:41 PM
The frequency of posts is kind of at a lull in the forum this summer, is everyone busy? Does anyone know what is going on? Usually, when you check the show and tell section, each day there are at least 4 different new threads. Or does this mean the future of show and tell is going to be a boom town with many new threads in the fall months?

JCY
September 3rd, 2016, 09:57 PM
I never have as much time in the summer months to sew due to all the yard work. I've also been having dental work done. I'm also doing extra house cleaning, getting ready for a visit from my son. I'm just not getting projects done as quickly as I'd like. I keep plugging along on whatever the current project is, but it's slow going. I finished the last block today for the Cutting Corners quilt, but none of the blocks are sewn together yet. I suspect people are just too busy to get a lot done. Maybe things will pick up in the Fall.

SuzyQue
September 3rd, 2016, 10:02 PM
I think it is just that...a lull. I have been on the forum long enough to know that it ebbs and flows. When I was still schooling my kiddos I couldn't keep up with all the forum posts. Now that I am retired, it is often so quiet. Every season people come and people go, so it fluxes all the time. I got an iPad thinking it would be easier to post and I can't figure it out, so I post less pics. Life happens and the quilting gets put aside. I agree it has been slower lately, but I doubt it will be forever. Christmas is coming and there should be lots of gifts pics posted. People will return from vacations, the weather will get cooler....I feel quilting time is getting closer and with that naturally come more posts. Perhaps the newbies are not as vocal as some of the oldies were. Perhaps hurt feelings or fear of saying the wrong thing, silences some. There are lots of reasons, but I think it will flow again. Perhaps we just need to all start some posts and ask some questions and get some chatter going. I often see that many people are reading the posts, but not many are commenting. Perhaps we need to step it up and perhaps we need to wait and see. I will not give it up. This forum is my Facebook in a way. Many of these people are friends, many of whom I have never met and may never meet. There is much wisdom here, much kindness, much caring and love.

GrammaBabs
September 3rd, 2016, 10:36 PM
I think a lot have been posting to "quilts by me".... for me personally,,, i put them in my album or in the "shopped my stash" group.... Actually i have cranked out more quilts than ever for charity, cause i love doing that and spend way less time here on the forum... I found more sewing means "less typing" and i am not a FaceBook gal:)) When i have posted,, it seems far less people notice because the newbies are more into the chatting... At least that's my take on it.... good to hear from you Deegles,,, it's been a while:)) Hugs, GrammaBabs ie: GB

Mimi_Howard
September 3rd, 2016, 11:06 PM
I admit it.. I am guilty.. I am a lurker! There I said it, first step to coming out and becoming a more often poster! I just spent hour trying to get pictures off the tablet onto the computer and then uploaded. Guess I need to upload more often so I don't forget the steps! I have learned so much from reading and following the links that are offered. I do spend a lot of time looking at all the albums, such beautiful work. Sewing is my "sanity", though sometimes the words that fly out of my mouth would not give that impression, but along comes the "savior" the good ole seam ripper and ahhhh ready to put the pedal to the metal once again.

grammaterry
September 3rd, 2016, 11:43 PM
I guess I haven't been posting so much in new threads because I have been feeling like its sort of bragging and I am not a bragger. Also, the restaurant is busier in the summer with tourism. The shriners Raffle will be coming to an end soon and I will let everyone know how that turned out. By the way...I think we are at $3000 in ticket sales this week. Not as grand as I had hoped, but we still have 3 weeks and the day of the raffle with the auction going on should bring about a serge in sales (I hope). Thanks to all of you for your generous donations, this has beena big deal for us.
I might add that the new format for the forum has psychologically impaired my though process. I liked seeing how many thanks I had given, vs how many I received. May sound sort of conceited, but I always wanted my givens to exceed my gots. I would post to get and then I would go out and purposefully give thanks to others. Just being honest here.

KarenC
September 4th, 2016, 12:01 AM
I have a few projects done, but have been waiting for sunny days to take photos. Then one more in the works and once it is finished quilting will go on hold so I can focus on cleaning closets, etc. getting the house ready for market next year.

shermur
September 4th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Here are the following reasons for me why I do not post as much as I used to:

1) Extremely busy; trying ever so hard to get my unfinished projects completed. Also, fighting the ever ending dis-organized sewing area that has been moved three times since moving from the Kansas City area in 2014. I have a fear when I do finally get the time needed to organize? How many things will be duplicated just because I couldn't find the original I know I have somewhere?
2) Still trying to feel settled and working a full time job in our new area. That has been an incredible challenge in a little over 2 years.
3) Being more pro-active by shopping more in the local quilt shops and joining the local quilt guild. I have not developed the "quilty" friendships on-line versus in person at the guild (in person itself, is still in high hopes).
4) Annoyance of drama and the few on-line acquaintances I had achieved, no longer post as much either.

CarolynK
September 4th, 2016, 10:15 AM
As per a previous post - just life and other stuff got higher priority than my sewing and this forum. I am so looking forward to being here a little more often and hoping to get started back to my sewing and quilting. I love all the great information I get here as well as looking at everyone's beautiful creations - simply amazing to me.

LauraP
September 4th, 2016, 11:28 AM
I guess I haven't been posting so much in new threads because I have been feeling like its sort of bragging and I am not a bragger.

Don't think of it as bragging, think of it as inspiring other quilters like me. If I see something I really like I am much more apt to make it. And I don't do real good yet with fabric choices so it helps me to see what others put together. Some I say "not for me" and others are spot on.
So be an inspiration and post those pictures. And not just of quilts please. I like little projects too.

MayinJerset
September 5th, 2016, 05:00 AM
Summer lull should be over after this weekend so let's liven the Chit Chat a bit. Terry brag all you can especially about the Shriner's Raffle, hope they get a big payday from the raffle. Mimi so glad you unlurked yourself and expect to hear more from you in the coming days.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 5th, 2016, 06:18 AM
I love the show and tell! Don't stop sharing! This is what keeps this forum going!

Bouse
September 5th, 2016, 07:55 AM
I haven't posted much because I haven't had much to say. I've spent most of the summer being poorly which meant I didn't sew at all. I am nearly finished a Halloween table runner for the swap group on here though and that has put me back in the sewing mood again. I have a lot of catching up to do for the 365 block challenge on facebook so it may be a while until I post again so I can get some of them done. I miss the buzz of you all when it's quiet on here but I know you all have other things to do too and I'll see you when you have a minute.

SewnByBee
September 5th, 2016, 08:49 AM
The frequency of posts is kind of at a lull in the forum this summer, is everyone busy? Does anyone know what is going on? Usually, when you check the show and tell section, each day there are at least 4 different new threads. Or does this mean the future of show and tell is going to be a boom town with many new threads in the fall months?

This is just a summer kind of thing that happens, due to all the extra time , needed to keep up with the summer chores, out side stuff, keeps people busy. I am sure , all will soon return to busy bees again. Especially since the holidays will be fast approaching. .....lol. .....yikes.

Hope in to add some to show and tell soon myself. When I complete my stack of unfinished projects.

Keep looking, they'll pop up one day.

I had interweb issues for a while, too. Hopeing the problems are fixed now, I'm not getting thrown off the Internet, like I was, and so far have a few successful post on here too.....yea.

Now to get my hand working better......sever cache of arthritis hit my left hand. Going to see if acupuncture may help........hope so.....will see.

Take care.
Keep posting,
I'm still around, just having a hard time at the moment.
I'm certain our other quilters will jump back in soon.
As it gets cold......☺

Bubby
September 5th, 2016, 09:23 AM
This is typical for the forum. Speaking for myself, with the added Summer chores of keeping several acres mowed twice a week, having a sick pup for more than 2 months and working at our apartments I'm lucky to get on here once or twice a day.

Wait until you see how quiet it is here if Craftsy has their special class offer again this Fall. Lulls like this are normal and are only temporary.