PDA

View Full Version : It's Saturday, yayyy!!

MaryUK
September 3rd, 2016, 07:57 AM
Well it's the weekend, got up earlier than usual and was down at the supermarket by 8am. Nice and quiet but the shelves were in the process of being stocked so some of the staple goods were missing!!! Started the ironing but my hips are playing up with the damp weather - yes it's raining!!!
I need some zips for cosmetics bags I am making for a work colleague to sell for charity, also some light weight interfacing - will have to pop out to my LQS but am worried I will end up buying some of her gorgeous fabrics - can't really afford to as I overspent last week while I was away at my favourite fabric shop in Scarborough!!!!
Hope you all have a lovely weekend!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 3rd, 2016, 08:34 AM
Thanks for starting our good morning thread! It's nice to hear how life is across the pond! Have a great day! Hope you find your zips!

Bubby
September 3rd, 2016, 08:37 AM
Morning Everyone....We are on our way out the door to work in Cuba today. Truck is loaded, the Girls are eating breakfast and I'm about to make something for us to eat in the truck.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy long weekend.

LauraP
September 3rd, 2016, 09:33 AM
Hey Kansans, did you feel that earthquake we just had? It rattled the windows pretty good here.

nayzie
September 3rd, 2016, 10:08 AM
I heard about the earthquake this morning from my husband which is travelling thru the outskirts of Tulsa.

pcbatiks
September 3rd, 2016, 11:14 AM
I'm sitting outside right now. The weather is in the 70's but will go up to the 90's later in the day. This is a tiny glimpse of fall for us. Guess I better get moving......time to mow. This is the first time we've been able to mow since mid-August.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

JCY
September 3rd, 2016, 01:12 PM
A sunny morning here. Forecast high in the upper 80's, maybe close to 90. It hit 91 yest. I have the laundry going. Yest. I decided it was the day to get that kitchen floor mopped & waxed. I always have to work around DHs snacks/meals schedule. Plus with his Parkinson's, it takes him longer to eat. By 5 p.m. after he'd finished his supper, I was able to do the mopping. On my hands & knees so I could do a good job & get in the corners. (The sponge mop I have doesn't squeeze out well enough & makes the floor too wet.) Even though I knelt on a folded towel, it still was hard on these old knees. After the floor dried, I gave it one coat of wax. Since we have old linoleum, I use that Shinekeeper wax. By the time I finished with that, my knees were really sore. I took a nice soak in the tub while the floor dried. I had everything put back by 7:30, after which I fixed my supper. The floor once again looks nice & shiny. I still need to give the shower a good scrubbing, but that will have to wait for another day.

I didn't know about the KS earthquake till reading about it on the Forum. We had one here in southern Colo. a few yrs. ago. Did some damage to an old historic brick building.

DGS gets married this afternoon in MD. We're hoping for no rain from the effects of Hermine. It's an outdoor venue, but Plan B is to move it inside the building where they're planning to eat supper, which isn't ideal, but would be workable.

I hope everyone has a good & safe Labor Day Week End.

CraftyJnet
September 3rd, 2016, 04:11 PM
We're having lovely weather. Sunny and breezy, not too hot and not too cold. My day today is rather odd; I'm taking my neighbor to see a psychic. I've never been to one and don't know what to expect. She has some specific questions about her present and past dogs. We're bringing her present dog with us. Have any of you (or your friends) ever had experience with a psychic?

MaryUK
September 3rd, 2016, 06:57 PM
I never did get to my LQS for the zips and the rain didn't stop until late this evening.
DD, SIL & GS came back from holiday so we invited them for a roast pork dinner with all the trimmings. DH did all the cooking while I sewed a shopping bag for the same work colleague who is having the cosmetic bags.

Ginny B
September 3rd, 2016, 09:07 PM
Good evening all. It was a fun and busy day here. It was very cloudy when we woke up this morning but we decided to head down to the beach for a bit anyway. Figured if it was too chilly or windy, we'd just head home. Turned out to be not so bad. Of course, I had on sweatpants, a sweatshirt and a blanket over my legs too. LOL But it was interesting watching the Parks crew getting the beach ready for Hermine's approach. There weren't many people there so they could work freely and we could watch. Everything was being removed and moved off the beach. We stayed there until around 11:30, came home, grabbed a bite for lunch and then we headed outside to do some much needed weeding. We relaxed in the yard for a while after we were finished but then it was time to make sure things that could go flying about in strong winds were taken down/put away. Also found out that my sister forgot to take her umbrella down at her place before they left for VA on Friday so we headed over there, took care of her yard and then just went and picked up some chinese food for dinner.

Now it's time to just sit and relax. I'll be able to spend some time in my sewing room this weekend. I am looking forward to that.

I wonder how Monique is enjoying her adventure cross country. I heard about that earthquake in the midwest. Hope it didn't shake everyone up too much. All those in the path of Hermine, hope all is well and things are calming down. My son and his gf got a lot of rain and wind and lost power (they live on the coast of GA) but no damage to their house.

Have a wonderful evening and sleep well everyone.