PDA

View Full Version : Friday late Night Owl - my feathers are wet ...

Judy, USMC
September 3rd, 2016, 03:11 AM
and my tree is shaking, too!

Hurricane turned into a tropical depression center has just passed. The downpour of rain and winds have been on the leading edge and things are just settling down now. Headed up the coast so you birds up north find a solid tree to perch yourselves in.

Not a great start for the long Labor Day weekend ... so, will your local weather affect your holiday plans?

MayinJerset
September 3rd, 2016, 03:51 AM
Nothing shaking or getting wet here but we prepared just in case, took down canopy, got the deck furniture secure, etc. No set holiday plans, we will see what tomorrow's weather allows us to do.

Grandma Nan
September 3rd, 2016, 04:41 AM
We are forecast a good weekend but things may change as the hurricane remnants move up the coast. Not sure why I can't stay asleep tonight but you're right Judy, the weather in the tree is definitely changing. Much less humid weather.

kimsophia
September 3rd, 2016, 06:17 AM
Very comfortable weather forecast here in Iowa. I should do more gardening. I'm still sewing Santas. Maybe with cooler weather ahead I'll take up the quilt projects I abandoned in spring!

Carol336
September 3rd, 2016, 06:38 AM
We're not supposed to get much if any of the storm. Going to a birthday/pool party this afternoon, so I'm hoping that prediction turns out to be accurate.

Haven't been sewing much lately - spending the last days of summer at the pool with DH - it's been nice.

KarenC
September 3rd, 2016, 07:04 AM
No weather issues predicted here this weekend. Just the usual scattered showers. This morning I must return to the long arm rental place to finish DS's quilt that I was unable to complete yesterday. The remainder of plans are binding and house cleaning. Think I'm going to stop at Target and see if I can find the Method bathroom cleaner folks were bragging about earlier. Hope you all enjoy your weekends

Sandy Navas
September 3rd, 2016, 09:45 AM
Talk about your tree shaking: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/earthquake-shakes-swath-midwest-missouri-oklahoma-41842405

Woke me up!! Pictures fell from the wall here.

bakermom
September 3rd, 2016, 09:48 AM
Glad you got thru it OK. We have a busy weekend. Trip to Amish country today with DDs, quiet Sunday then a family picnic on Labor Day.

Whoa Sandy! nice start for you're weekend!

Judy, USMC
September 3rd, 2016, 12:18 PM
Earthquake - and it's not in California - WOW!