PDA

View Full Version : Sad day yesterday

Dollyquilts
September 2nd, 2016, 01:12 PM
Yesterday I had a dentist appointment at 11:30, so my friend Geri took my little doxie Honey to the vet for me. She was having trouble breathing. When I got out of the dentist, I called the clinic and the vet came on the line and said that she had died about 15 minutes before. It was so unexpected and I didn't even get to tell my little girl goodbye. She was only nine. I keep visualizing her poking around in the monkey grass with her little tail wagging and coming up to the bed for some help getting on. I would stand up and she would stand up on my knees for me to lift her on the bed. The vet thinks she may have gotten into a poisonous frog in the backyard. She spent a lot of time hunting and exploring out there.

grandma nurse
September 2nd, 2016, 01:19 PM
So sorry for your loss.

WendyI
September 2nd, 2016, 01:21 PM
OMIGOSH! I'm so very sorry for your loss. What a sad way to find out. :'( (((HUGS)))

Lori63
September 2nd, 2016, 01:21 PM
So sorry and sorry you didn't get to say goodbye to your little furbaby.

Amarillo19
September 2nd, 2016, 01:26 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose your dog.

SallyO'Sews
September 2nd, 2016, 01:29 PM
So sorry for your loss. Hope you have some photos, and that your memories will be sweet.

Cool Breeze Quilter
September 2nd, 2016, 02:11 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your little Honey. She knew that you loved her and took good care of her.

asta
September 2nd, 2016, 02:20 PM
I am so sorry. ((((HUGS))))) It is hard to say goodbye to our little fur babies.

easyquilts
September 2nd, 2016, 02:44 PM
Oh, I am so terribly sorry.... Losing a previous fur baby is devestating... I know... I'll be thinking of you... God bless...

CraftyJnet
September 2nd, 2016, 03:02 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of your precious Honey.

Suzette
September 2nd, 2016, 03:10 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. Praying for your for comfort and strength. Hugs!

sewbizzy
September 2nd, 2016, 03:28 PM
So sorry for your loss...sending prayers for you!

Kgrammiecaz
September 2nd, 2016, 03:47 PM
Oh my, I am so sorry you had to find out that way. My hugs to you!

Bubby
September 2nd, 2016, 04:05 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you lost your sweet Honey and didn't get to say goodbye. Please click on this link and read it. It helped me when we lost our Miss Molly:

https://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

(((HUGS)))

seaturtle
September 2nd, 2016, 04:16 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a fur-baby is so difficult and more so when you didn't get to say good-bye and it was unexpected. {{Hugs}}

Iris Girl
September 2nd, 2016, 04:24 PM
(((HUGS))) So sorry for the loss of your furbaby.

Hulamoon
September 2nd, 2016, 04:35 PM
It's heart breaking to lose our babies. I lost a golden at three, so I feel your hurt ((hugs))

Jean Sewing Machine
September 2nd, 2016, 04:52 PM
That is so sad! I'm so sorry for your loss!

Sandy Navas
September 2nd, 2016, 05:29 PM
Definitely feeling for you - and to be told over the phone . . . so very, very sorry for your loss.

Carlie Wolf
September 2nd, 2016, 05:29 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. It's such a loss :-(

songbird857
September 2nd, 2016, 05:31 PM
I'm so sorry, especially because it was so unexpected :(

cv quilter
September 2nd, 2016, 05:48 PM
I'm so sad for you! It's hard to imagine that it would happen so quickly and certainly unexpected. Bless you and I wish there were more comforting words to give you.

JaniceR
September 2nd, 2016, 06:26 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. I know your heart is broken and I know that only time will help you heal.

I wish there was something one of us could say to help, but I hope knowing we all care brings you a little comfort at such a difficult time.

Simply Quilting
September 2nd, 2016, 06:42 PM
So sorry for the loss of your furbaby.

Ginny B
September 2nd, 2016, 09:14 PM
Oh, no! So sorry for your loss. {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Snip Snip
September 2nd, 2016, 10:03 PM
So sorry for your loss. Doxies are so cute and have such personalities.
Do you live in a tropical area, where there might be poisonous frogs?

pcbatiks
September 2nd, 2016, 10:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your sweet little pup.

Hulamoon
September 3rd, 2016, 12:27 AM
Here in Hawaii it's toads. Highly poisonous.

jjkaiser
September 3rd, 2016, 12:27 AM
I love dogs -- to me they are the greatest pets you can have. The best companions ever.So I am so very sad to hear of little Honey's passing. I know how distraught you must feel. I am so terribly sorry.

stationarymom
September 3rd, 2016, 02:00 AM
((Hugs)) I am so sorry for your loss.

CarolynK
September 3rd, 2016, 10:43 AM
Oh I am so sorry....I lost my Lab, Haley at 10 yrs old in March and it is so heartbreaking. I still miss her terribly. I am praying for you and sending special hugs. Our fur kids are so much a part of our life.

Dollyquilts
September 3rd, 2016, 02:31 PM
Thanks to all my forum friends who extended condolences and prayers. Before I went into the dentist's office, I said a prayer for Honey's healing, but I asked God if it was not to be, not to let her suffer. So I can't say that He didn't answer my prayer. That has brought me some measure of comfort.