PDA

View Full Version : Now I know I'm nuts...for sure...

easyquilts
September 2nd, 2016, 10:47 AM
My burthday is September 11... So... I was talking to my son about it, when he asked me how old I will be... 74" I answered.... He said NO... That can't be right,,., Not if I was born in 1943...

Oh...no..... I have had my age wrong for....who know how long.... At least a year...

So... At least I'm a year younger than I thought.... 72 now, and 73 Subday, the 11th..

Boy, do I ever feel dumb... I mean... Who gets their own age wrong?

ucarrieme
September 2nd, 2016, 11:08 AM
Last year! I thought I was 55 I was 56! 56 is the new 30 in my book!

quiltsRfun
September 2nd, 2016, 11:09 AM
Who gets their own age wrong?
Jack Benny!

cv quilter
September 2nd, 2016, 11:18 AM
Happy Birthday, Sandy, on the 11th. I am one of those people who get the age wrong. When I turned 71 this year, I think my mind thought that next year I'd be 72, but found myself telling people I was 72 for a few months. Makes you feel good when you realize you're younger than you thought :lol:

Snip Snip
September 2nd, 2016, 12:28 PM
I have to stop and think when someone asks me my age. The years fly by now, and since birthdays aren't a big deal to celebrate, it's easy to forget. (Yes, I know, it should be a big deal to celebrate living another year, but how many cards to you get that say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY 67 YEAR OLD!!")

alliek
September 2nd, 2016, 12:33 PM
LOL This made me stop and think how old I am. Born 1942. Wish I thought I was a year older and discovered I'm not! Must be something about hitting that seventy mark that blanks out your "age" memory. Thanks for the smile!!!

WendyI
September 2nd, 2016, 01:22 PM
WoOO HOOO!! You gained a whole year!

SallyO'Sews
September 2nd, 2016, 01:27 PM
Sandy, think of it this way: isn't it better to find out how young you are, rather than how old? Hugs to you!

easyquilts
September 2nd, 2016, 02:49 PM
Thanks, guys... Yep... I feel great knowing I'm younger than I thought I was... I agree.. Hitting seventy must do something to our age thingy...

Bubby
September 2nd, 2016, 02:52 PM
I looks like you found yourself an extra year....lol!

Hulamoon
September 2nd, 2016, 04:00 PM
That happened to me one time. My aunt used to send me a card and money for my age and one year she sent too much. I stopped and thought, hey wait a sec. I called her and we had a good giggle. I don't think too much about my age either.

sew-what2015
September 2nd, 2016, 04:05 PM
That happened to me last year...thought I was 64 but was only 63..nice to gain a year.
Think it's as someone else said...the years fly by and I don't celebrate b-bays.

"It's better to be over the hill than under it".

Jean Sewing Machine
September 2nd, 2016, 04:56 PM
You and I are 4 days apart in age! Have a great September birthday!

Cokie
September 2nd, 2016, 06:41 PM
One of my favorite quotes is by Satchel Paige - he said, "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"

And my grandma always told people she was a year younger than she actually was - we were never sure if she did it on purpose or not!

grammaterry
September 3rd, 2016, 10:36 AM
Yep, we all do it. I remember back when I told someone I was 30 and thought about it and I was really 31. That was almost 40 years ago. At least you gained a year. BTW, my mother in law was a Sept 11 baby and she says that the WTC disaster caused her to lose track because everyone was so focused on the event.

Marta
September 3rd, 2016, 01:06 PM
Since my creaky body age and my mind age dont match I dont really want to know how old I am

Carlie Wolf
September 3rd, 2016, 04:10 PM
I never could remember my age. It's been going once at least my 20s. I always think I'm a year older then I am, always have.

Maybe it's something to do with me being born in late December (of 1947). I guess I should think of myself as being born in Jan of 1948 and then just tack on a week. :-) That or it's because my friends have always been older then me (my first ex was about 4 yrs older then me so everyone else was a few years older.......

or I'm just stupid or math challenged...yeah, yeah, that's the ticket

K. McEuen
September 3rd, 2016, 04:12 PM
I was never 31. For some reason in my head I went directly from 30 to 32, up until a couple months before my birthday, my sister had asked and I said I was 32, then stopped and said no, I will BE 32! I missed almost the entire year of being 31.