PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday!!

Monique
September 2nd, 2016, 07:02 AM
Good morning. This will be my last start off in the morning for a little while. I don't know where or when I will have internet service. I will try and check in as much as I can to let you all know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth somewhere.

At the fair yesterday, I won a 2nd and 3rd in the quilts. One was disqualified because it had 'pencil' marks. I spoke to the judge and told her it wasn't pencil but a fons and porter marking pencil. We had quite a discussion and I learned a lot from her. She was very nice. I think she felt bad after that but a decision is a decision. My table runners won as well as did the shopping bag. The mermaid tail blanket didn't win but got a 'neat idea'. So that's it.

Prayers going out to those affected by the hurricanes that they are all safe.

Play nice friends while I am away.

Have yourselves a wonderful and safe long weekend.

MRoy
September 2nd, 2016, 07:33 AM
Good morning! Congratulations on the wins Monique and enjoy your time off! I've never entered anything I've made into competition. Our guild is going to a quilt show today in a neighboring county. I'm looking forward to it. It's been a hectic week trying to get set up to work from home. Yesterday the phone company worked on phone lines all afternoon and I had no internet. Since all my work is done via the internet this was not good at all!

Prayers and good thoughts for all who need them. Happy Friday!

Bubby
September 2nd, 2016, 07:47 AM
Morning Everyone,

Congratulations on your wins at the fair, Monique. Wishing you a wonderful and safe trip.

It got really cool last night, cool enough in the house to almost need a robe. A cup of hot tea is tasking real good this morning.

I just watched Jenny's new tutorial and it's really cute. I finished up some more pillowcases for the group last night and will mail them today and then maybe I can begin to bind the Flutterbye quilt.

The Girls need their morning biscuits so I will go for now and check in later.

Be a blessing today.

peggiep
September 2nd, 2016, 07:48 AM
Happy Friday everyone!
Monique Congratulations on your ribbons at the fair. I have never entered anything I have made, but I think next year I will try the Spencerville Fair that is held every Sept. I hop you have a safe and wonderfue trip. I know you will enjoy it. Take lots of pictures!

Its going to be a nice weekend. Tonight we go out to dinner with friends to celebrate my birthday but the rest of the weekend is going to be dedicated to cleaning, canning and sewing. Then the summer is officially over with the return to our fall schedule.

Have a great weekend. Hugs and prayers to those in need.

Ginny B
September 2nd, 2016, 08:04 AM
Good morning. Happy Friday. Congratulations Monique on your winning entries. :icon_woohoo: Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Thoughts are with all those dealing with Hurricane Hermine. My youngest son is in Southern GA and was getting hit with heavy rain already from it yesterday. Haven't heard anything from him yet this morning so hope all is well at his house.

Not sure what my plans for the weekend will be just yet. I know that at some point I will be working on sewing my binding to my lattice quilt. I almost forgot to put a label on it. I've got the binding almost halfway stitched down so I will put the label on the next corner I get to. Got a lot of other projects waiting in the wings for a bit of attention from me too.

Have a good day all.

Cathy F
September 2nd, 2016, 08:09 AM
Morning all,
Monique, congratulations on your wins at the fair! Have a wonderful trip!

Yesterday was a rainy day here but it's been so dry it was really good, the plants got a much needed deep watering.

I finished the quilt top for my granddaughter for Christmas. I loved the pattern, and fabrics when I chose them but now seeing it all together I'm not really liking it. I'm so disappointed. I'm taking it and the other granddaughters quilt upstate next week to be quilted and picking up the one they did for my grandson. I hope after it's quilted I have a better feeling about it.

Tomorrow we were invited to a pool party, I think the weather might cooperate and be a little cooler but sunny. No other plans for the long weekend, we'll just play it by ear!

Wishing everyone a good weekend, be safe, and thibking of those who are ailing and sending out a few extra hugs.

KarenC
September 2nd, 2016, 08:50 AM
Congratulations Monique. That is awesome. Enjoy your trip.

Today is the day I finally have my LA rental appointment to quilt DS's quilt. I am getting excited. Other than that, not much planned except for housecleaning.

Hope everyone is safe with the bad weather th a team is out there.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 2nd, 2016, 09:14 AM
Good morning all! Monique, congratulations on your fair wins! That is just awesome! And have a wonderful time on your journey vacation. My family took the Rocky Mountaineer trip from Vancouver to Banff and it was just so beautiful in BC! I'm sure you will have a great trip!

Our weather here is fabulous! Cooler, less humidity, clear blue skies! We'll enjoy it while it lasts!

My friend and I are working our way through a big costuming project, 15 historical character costumes that our Halloween traditions are based on. These will be worn by street actors during several weekends in October who will take on the persona and give historical background. I myself never knew the history behind scarecrows, witches, Dracula, black crows and others! I get to make the men's suits! A black tail coat for Edgar Allen Poe ( quoth the Raven, NEVER MORE!) is on my sewing table for this morning! We need to get the bulk of them finished by next Friday for a photo shoot.

Hope you all have a great day and weekend!

MayinJerset
September 2nd, 2016, 09:40 AM
Way to go Monique, your quilts very did well at the fair. Enjoy your wonderful trip - we want to see lots of photos.

I woke up all aches, pains and stiffness and since it was dark outside I thought it was raining but the sun wasn't up yet. Don't feel like going to PT today but maybe that's what I need to get my body straightened out.

Jean your latest costuming project sounds as if it is for an interesting show, wish I could see it.

Long weekend coming up when everyone wants to squeeze in the last bit of summer. Well mabye not those affected by the hurricane - hope you all weather the storm without too many problems. 134676

JCY
September 2nd, 2016, 10:30 AM
Happy & safe travels, Monique. Have a wonderful trip.

Cloudy here this a.m. I still haven't decided what I'll do today. I really need to scrub the shower. I might try that Method Bathroom Cleaner I read about here on the Forum yest. But it would mean a trip to the store. However, I do have Dawn & vinegar on hand--a mixture I haven't tried. Usually, I use Comet Cleanser & a scrub brush. Cleaning the shower is one of my least fav. jobs to do. I also need to mop & wax the kitchen floor, but that has to be done after DH is in bed for the night as it stresses him out to have his snack/meal routine interrupted. I could do more weeding in the flower beds. It's a cooler day. Maybe I'll forget everything & just sew! I have the Cutting Corners blocks laid out on the floor. I need to make just a few more.

My BLOCK mag. came yest. I sat right down & read it. I always enjoy pics of the Doan family & all the descriptions. The BLOCK really is a first class mag.

I hope everyone has a good & safe Labor Day Week-End.

WendyI
September 2nd, 2016, 10:49 AM
Morning all! Monique, Congratulations on your quilt wins! That's so awesome! Have an amazing and safe trip!

Myrna, what's this about working from home?? I thought you retired!?

It's Friday of a long weekend here (Labour Day on Monday) and then Liam starts school on Tuesday. He goes to his dads tonight and I'm home alone as usual. Really need to clean my fish tank so will get that done and then try for the 20th weekend in a row to gather up the energy and motivation to get into my sewing room and organize it. I really want to make the wee pouch that someone posted the other day. So cute!

I'm puppy sitting this weekend so that's going to be a bit of a chore as he is not entirely house broken and my dog isn't really a fan of him...Otis is so small and Ollie is at that gangly puppy "teenage" stage so he's all over Otis. Poor guy.

Hoping everyone is safe from storms and poor health and sending hugs to those in need. xoxox

Simply Quilting
September 2nd, 2016, 11:39 AM
Good Morning! Congratulations on your wins Monique!

The weather is so beautiful today. It is cool with sunshine. It is going to be a great day for the children to at the park today. Other than that, I am hoping to be home today. I am hoping to get busy on some housework and get some sewing done today.

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend everyone :)