PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Hermine

GlendaM
September 1st, 2016, 06:31 PM
Hi all, I live in the path of Hurricane Hermine. Just asking for prayers for all in and around our area to stay safe! Thanks

Judy, USMC
September 1st, 2016, 06:50 PM
I will pray for you - for I know you will get more powerful effects than I will. Hurricanes are not fun ...

MayinJerset
September 1st, 2016, 06:59 PM
Batten down and I hope you weather the storm.

mischiefkat
September 1st, 2016, 07:13 PM
Hi all, I live in the path of Hurricane Hermine. Just asking for prayers for all in and around our area to stay safe! Thanks

GlendaM,
Rest assured all of Fla is praying for your safety. I sat up last night watching the news to make sure Hermine didn't make an abrupt right turn like Charlie did years ago. Were I live took a direct hit from Charlie...lost my house. My prayers for your safety and those in harms way. Kathy

bakermom
September 1st, 2016, 07:15 PM
Stay safe! we have friends and family in it's path. Many prayers here

Yankeesfan
September 1st, 2016, 07:17 PM
I am praying for you too! We are visiting Tampa to watch baseball playoffs. Baseball and hurricanes do not mix! Tampa shouldn't be hit too hard. But my thoughts are with you. Stay safe.

alliek
September 1st, 2016, 08:19 PM
Praying for all in the path of this storm. God Bless you and keep everyone safe. Prayers going up for you.

Grandma G
September 1st, 2016, 08:39 PM
Stay safe! Just checked on family in Sarasota since I saw on the national news tonight that there was flooding there but she says they are safe and sound.

Bubby
September 1st, 2016, 08:54 PM
My prayers are with you. (((HUGS)))

KarenC
September 1st, 2016, 09:40 PM
Am praying for you guys. Stay safe.

AuntieVic
September 1st, 2016, 10:31 PM
Oh please stay safe, I will be praying for you.

stationarymom
September 2nd, 2016, 02:08 AM
My prayers are with you and everyone else in harms way ((hugs)) stay safe.

GlendaM
September 2nd, 2016, 10:33 AM
Power went out around 10:30 last night. Lots of Limbs and trash in the. They estimate over 70,000 without power could be days before it's all restored. Winds on our Coastline were between 55 and 65 mile an hour. It was a rough night I did not sleep a wink. Thanks for all the prayers

WendyI
September 2nd, 2016, 11:02 AM
So glad to see you safe and posting!

Navy Wife
September 2nd, 2016, 11:15 AM
So glad you are safe. I grew up in that area of south GA, just north of Tallahassee. All those beautiful trees are great to look at, but they become deadly missiles in a hurricane. Be careful if you venture out.

Simply Quilting
September 2nd, 2016, 11:41 AM
Continued prayers.

JaniceR
September 2nd, 2016, 11:48 AM
Power went out around 10:30 last night. Lots of Limbs and trash in the. They estimate over 70,000 without power could be days before it's all restored. Winds on our Coastline were between 55 and 65 mile an hour. It was a rough night I did not sleep a wink. Thanks for all the prayers

I too am happy to see that you're safe and posting. I went through a hurricane in Houston when I was young and it was very very scary. I know the terrible destruction takes a long time to fix. Please take care and stay safe!!

easyquilts
September 2nd, 2016, 02:54 PM
You got it..... Good luck.... Hurricanes can be so scary....and this one is bringing lots of water...

Stitcheroo7
September 2nd, 2016, 06:37 PM
Glenda,
So glad you are safe. I live in Central FL and we have gotten lots of rain from Hermine. Last night we had some wind, but not too bad.

LauraP
September 2nd, 2016, 06:41 PM
That's why I live in Kansas, so I don't have to worry about hurricanes. Here we call our winds tornadoes and pee our pants when we see them coming at us. Please stay safe.

Navy Wife
September 2nd, 2016, 11:31 PM
I used to chuckle at my MIL. She worried all the time about us being in a hurricane in south Texas. She lived in Oklahoma in Tornado Alley. She never got the picture about us having plenty of warning to evacuate if necessary...sometimes 4 or 5 days. Tornadoes, you have 10 minutes if you're lucky.

Hulamoon
September 3rd, 2016, 12:11 AM
Hurricanes are scary! I went through two here. Like Wendy said, little storm monster, lol, they are interesting. When the eye comes over you have the chance to go out side like nothing happened. Then rush inside and see it back wards. lol

Kidding aside I wish everyone the best. I would be scared to death of a tornado. I can't imagine that.

LindaKay75
September 3rd, 2016, 01:40 AM
Glenda I've been thru several hurricanes living in south FL so I know exactly what you're going thru. I've been praying for all of you. Looks like the worst is over, Hermine is heading up the coast now. Take a deep breath and try to sleep some.

CarolynK
September 3rd, 2016, 10:23 AM
Hoping you are still safe and sending prayers! Scary stuff.

GlendaM
September 4th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Update I now have power praise the Lord. I am a native Floridian so I've been through many hurricanes. This one reminded me of when the Storm of the Century came through. Lots of heavy wind they're over 220,000 people in 31 counties in Florida without power. Tallahassee was really hard hit with over 90,000. Thank you so much for all the prayers, I can feel the love