PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, oh Wednesday

Monique
August 31st, 2016, 06:08 AM
Oh Wednesday. Tonight Bonnie and I go and enter our things in the fair. Bonnie was over for supper last night. My one quilt that I had a dilemma with got solved. She picked out the threads that I had tied, so that made it a quilt made by 2 people. You see, you can't enter 2 quilts in the same class and I really wanted to enter this one. Dougie gave me back the tablerunner I made him so I could enter it. So I have 7 projects to enter. I just have the handles to attach to the grocery bag I made too. Tomorrow I work at the fair with the judges so I will get to see if any of my projects win anything.

Two more sleeps and then we are off on our road trip. Our 35th wedding anniversary is Monday the 5th of September and this is our gift to ourselves. Driving all the way to west coast. I have never been out of Ontario so I am excited to see what the rest of great country looks like. I won't be on here as much so someone please start the mornings off for me. I am hoping to maybe stop at at least one quilt shop along the way.

You all have a great day.

SewnByBee
August 31st, 2016, 06:43 AM
Good luck at the fair and hope you have a AWSOME read trip. Both sounds like wonderful adventures......Monique.

I've been doing some more organizing......agganizing taskssssss...

Repurposing makeup bags, much more useful for storage for appliques, and ribbons, maybe thread and or needles too....

This is the hanging kind.

134643 .. 134644

More paterns to purt into binders..... but getting there.....lol.

Have a grate hump day.....

Ginny B
August 31st, 2016, 08:10 AM
Good morning everyone. Monique, have fun at the fair and good luck with all your entries. And Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful gift you are giving to yourselves. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Bee, good luck with your organizing. It feels so good when things are in order doesn't it?

Hubby is doing well. He's been back to work and so far, his pain has not come back. He is being very careful about how he moves about and lifts the paper for the machine, etc. He didn't take any pain pills yesterday but did take the anti-inflammatory.

Looking forward to the long weekend ahead but first I need to get through the rest of the week. And it's time to get this day moving along. Have a good day everyone.

Bubby
August 31st, 2016, 08:39 AM
Good Morning Everyone...

Monique, I hope you do well at the fair with your entries. Also, Happy Anniversary and have a great trip with Les.

Ginny, glad to hear your DH is doing well at work.

I have to make a trip to the pharmacy and to WalMart this morning. I have hopes of getting some more sewing done this afternoon. I will pick up something super easy to fix for dinner tonight. Sloppy Joes and hash brown patties and salad sound good and easy. I made spaghetti last night but will save the leftovers for tomorrow.

Bee, you're making some real progress with your organization. I began an organizing project last weekend and will work on it every Sunday afternoon until I get done.

Happy to hear our pillowcase group for Louisiana kids is coming along so well.

It's going to be really hot today so I want to get my running around done this morning.

Wishing everyone a great Wednesday.

pcbatiks
August 31st, 2016, 08:42 AM
Good morning.

Monique, Happy Anniversary......I hope you'll have a wonderfully fun trip!

MayinJerset
August 31st, 2016, 09:13 AM
Good Morning, Everyone is so busy organizing, errands, preparing for fairs and special anniversary trips that I feel I'm lagging behind. I'll probably catch up because I plan to stay home today and catch up with laundry, organizing my clothes closet and checking fridge and pantry to see what's needed, etc. Been busy being with family the past few days, Sunday with DS#2 & DIL, Monday with DGD Catherine (DS#2's oldest DD) and last night DS#1 was over for dinner and his youngest DD, Elizabeth stopped by for awhile.

Elizabeth filled us in on her recent trip to visit her sister, Mary and family in CA. While laundry is washing away I'll add the label and binding for Mary's 2 month old baby boy. Mary & DH still haven't chosen a name for their new son so I'll have to come up with something for the label. Maybe Baby Boy (their last name) and his birth date?

Happy Anniversary to Monique and her DH and Ginny, Glad your DH is feeling better.

WendyI
August 31st, 2016, 09:55 AM
Morning all!! I actually made it in here before noon for a change!

Monique sounds like you are going to have a fantastic trip across this gorgeous country of ours! And you may get to see the leaves turn on your way! How long are you taking? Ginny, glad to hear your DH is on the mend. Thinking of Jack and hoping his chemo is going well, and everyone else who is ill and needing love and hugs. xoxo

Nothing new happening around here. Going to be re-organizing Liam's room this weekend so we can fit a desk in it. He will need one for his new computer and for school so need to get on that. School starts for him September 6th and will be a rough day for me...my baby will be going to high school! He met the girl next door who is in the same grade at the same school and they are like two peas in a pod now. It's cute and she seems like a sweet kid. Other than that, not much new is going on. I reduced my meds by half so hoping to get some motivation back. Starting to feel a bit stressed about X-mas now. uhg. Wanted to make gifts but likely won't have time now as my sewing room isn't even set up.

Anyway, off to get caught up on the rest of the forum and then get to work. Sending hugs again to all in need! xoxox

JCY
August 31st, 2016, 11:28 AM
Good Morning, All ~ We're having a bit of fog this a.m., which we seldom get around here. It made it up to 90 yest. I was glad it was good weather. My DGD, almost 3 y.o. GGson, & 3 lady friends drove up from Elizabeth (90 min.) We toured the Celestial Seasonings tea factory, had lunch in their café, then toured the Leanin' Tree Museum of Western Art in Boulder. Both were very interesting. I brought along the baby gifts I had ready for her (she's due in Oct.) -- a quilt (Little Ark #6 album), 6 flannel blankets, 12 burp cloths, & 2 sleepers. She was pleased with all.

It was nice to get "out" for part of a day away from the caregiving. DH always is so anxious when I go anywhere (even to the groc. store! sigh) -- he's always relieved when I get home. He feels very vulnerable when left alone.

Sat. the 3rd is DGS's wedding in MD. It's an outdoor venue, so we are praying for good weather. He & his bride plan to honeymoon in the Lake Placid area of NY. I'll have to be satisfied with pictures, since it wasn't possible for me to attend. DH would be a basket case if I arranged a strange caregiver to come in & take care of him. It's not worth the hassle.

Yest. we had a plumber here to pull our bsmt. toilet & install a new seal. It was leaking just a bit around the base of the commode. Our house is 44 y.o., so I guess we can expect occas. work that needs doing.

After breakfast, I'll head to the groc. store. While the frig. was partially empty, I cleaned the frig. last eve. That's been on my to-do list for quite a while. One more thing checked off that list.

Monique
August 31st, 2016, 12:38 PM
Morning all!! I actually made it in here before noon for a change!

Monique sounds like you are going to have a fantastic trip across this gorgeous country of ours! And you may get to see the leaves turn on your way! How long are you taking? Ginny, glad to hear your DH is on the mend. Thinking of Jack and hoping his chemo is going well, and everyone else who is ill and needing love and hugs. xoxo

Nothing new happening around here. Going to be re-organizing Liam's room this weekend so we can fit a desk in it. He will need one for his new computer and for school so need to get on that. School starts for him September 6th and will be a rough day for me...my baby will be going to high school! He met the girl next door who is in the same grade at the same school and they are like two peas in a pod now. It's cute and she seems like a sweet kid. Other than that, not much new is going on. I reduced my meds by half so hoping to get some motivation back. Starting to feel a bit stressed about X-mas now. uhg. Wanted to make gifts but likely won't have time now as my sewing room isn't even set up.

Anyway, off to get caught up on the rest of the forum and then get to work. Sending hugs again to all in need! xoxox

Wendy not sure when we are coming back, 3 weeks maybe!