PDA

View Full Version : Hootin' Night Owl

kimsophia
August 31st, 2016, 01:56 AM
Hoot hoot! How are the owls? I did some quilt tying on that cushion I tore in the wash and repaired. I also finished up the cross stitching on another Santa. I need to backstitch him in black, though...what's up with you?

Judy, USMC
August 31st, 2016, 02:07 AM
Nothing special happened today - just my fridge finally bit the dust. Had a problem last fall but the fridge started working on its own after I did a ton of research on the models that were available. Found one I liked but cancelled and didn't bother to take delivery. Besides milk and butter I wasn't keeping too much that would have to be tossed if it quit working again. Perfect timing - Labor Day appliance sales already advertised.

Off to check the DD. Golden Star is coming to an end in a few days. Read somewhere that there are 2 Grand Prize winners so far.
(Posted another Night Owl thread ... but disregard that one ... we posted at almost the same time!)

stationarymom
August 31st, 2016, 02:14 AM
Hoot hoot how are the Night owls tonight?I don't have much up here in my end of the forest tonight.I just checked the dd and it is tonga strips nice fall colors.I don't have anything in mind for them so i'll think for a while.Judy sorry your refrigerator is gone appliances don't last very long any more.Our dry is starting to fall apart the metal pieces inside the dryer that help the clothes to tumble fell off,my son used superglue and so far so good.

Granny Judy
August 31st, 2016, 12:19 PM
Not getting much done here either. I did do some straight stitch quilting on a couple smaller quilts.. Just learning the ins and outs of the 9400 janome I recently got. It's a dream to sew with and I speed thru those quilts in nothing flat. No having to back stitch, 11 inch throat, has an automatic cut thread.. and fabric guide. I just had to try that guide..it was calling my name.

Otherwise I'll be working on one of my flower beds outside and in the back. Needs weeded really bad. I seem to forget about that one all the time. It fills up with ferns every year (and weeds). no one sees it very often.

Hugs and prayers going out to all who are in need...