PDA

View Full Version : New to me cleaning product

jjkaiser
August 30th, 2016, 10:04 PM
After searching for years! And trying every single cleaning product out there I happened to find one that is positively absolutely fabulous. It is called Method Bathroom Cleaner and is for cleaning mostly bathrooms. (My house has two vintage bathrooms with lots of ceramic tile and chiclet floor tile. One BR is baby pink the other is mint green, I bet you can picture them right now!) The cleaner works great, smells slightly minty like toothpaste, and NO bleach. It even works on mold and mildew. Doesn't have to be rinsed either and my tiles shine like they have each been individually polished. I clean my bathrooms pretty often so haven't been able to test the mold or mildew claim, bc I don't have any, but it sure works great and I love that it has no bleach. You might want to try it. I just got it at the grocery store but I think Target carries the method brand.

Kgrammiecaz
August 30th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Think I will look for this next time shopping. Thanks for the info.

Anitamae56
August 30th, 2016, 10:55 PM
I also am going to look for it, thanks for the info.

bec
August 30th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Awesome! Going to look for some when i do errands this week. :) Thanks!

SuzyQue
August 30th, 2016, 11:28 PM
I just used some of this at my son's home and was impressed. Sometimes it is nice to try new products.

seaturtle
August 30th, 2016, 11:32 PM
Thanks for sharing. I don't think I've seen that but I will look next time.

Judy, USMC
August 30th, 2016, 11:40 PM
I need to look into it too! The BR in Chicago has the baby pink and maroon chicklet ceramic tiles. Mom wouldn't let anyone but herself clean that floor; so I never learned how to maintain it. Now that's she's gone I've been afraid to touch it with anything other than plain water. Thanks for the recommendation!

Pandabear
August 30th, 2016, 11:47 PM
I liked Method when I used it. Then I started using vinegar, dawn and hot water. Cheaper for me.

KarenC
August 31st, 2016, 12:18 AM
Thanks, I'll need to check for it

Iris Girl
August 31st, 2016, 04:25 AM
I liked Method when I used it. Then I started using vinegar, dawn and hot water. Cheaper for me.

I also use blue dawn and vinegar. Equal parts put in a spray bottle shake it up and its good for all surfaces. Does soap scum, mold and mildew and dirt and leaves things slick and fresh smelling. Best thing we ever tried, and cheap.

Grandma Nan
August 31st, 2016, 05:59 AM
After searching for years! And trying every single cleaning product out there I happened to find one that is positively absolutely fabulous. It is called Method Bathroom Cleaner and is for cleaning mostly bathrooms. (My house has two vintage bathrooms with lots of ceramic tile and chiclet floor tile. One BR is baby pink the other is mint green, I bet you can picture them right now!) The cleaner works great, smells slightly minty like toothpaste, and NO bleach. It even works on mold and mildew. Doesn't have to be rinsed either and my tiles shine like they have each been individually polished. I clean my bathrooms pretty often so haven't been able to test the mold or mildew claim, bc I don't have any, but it sure works great and I love that it has no bleach. You might want to try it. I just got it at the grocery store but I think Target carries the method brand.

I use this all the time and I LOVE it. I use it everywhere, not just the bathroom. It makes your stainless steel sink just gleam. I got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Which reminds me that I need to get some more.

WendyI
August 31st, 2016, 09:57 AM
My bff uses this product because it is chemical free. They have several other lines as well. Nancy, Canadian Tire also sells it and likely cheaper. I'm gonna pick some up this weekend!

Grandma Nan
August 31st, 2016, 10:06 AM
My bff uses this product because it is chemical free. They have several other lines as well. Nancy, Canadian Tire also sells it and likely cheaper. I'm gonna pick some up this weekend!

Thanks Wendy. I'll take a look.

Carlie Wolf
August 31st, 2016, 10:10 AM

What's the formula proportions you use? I'm going to try both :-)

Pandabear
August 31st, 2016, 10:50 AM
What's the formula proportions you use? I'm going to try both :-)

Don't really know. I just pour some of this, then that, then the other. Give it a good shake and all is well :)

Looks like IrisGirl does a 1:1 ratio though. You can give that a go.

Oh, if you decide to do just dawn and vinegar, heat the vinegar a bit first. Helps give it an extra little cleaning boost in my opinion.

tsladaritz
August 31st, 2016, 01:18 PM
I do the vinegar/dawn/water mix for my tile floors. I found the recipe on pinterest so I don't have it memorized. I do only a drop or two of dawn in my mix. It is mostly vinegar and water.

Carlie Wolf
August 31st, 2016, 01:35 PM
Oh I like those ideas tsladaritz and Pandabear. I'm going to play around with those........after the weather cools off and I can breathe again :-) Soon....soon I hope.

Iris Girl
August 31st, 2016, 02:07 PM
I do use 1 to 1 ratio. 1 cup vinegar to 1 cup blue dawn the ultimate one. I don't warm the vinegar anymore as we have decided it works just as well if we don't. Put it in a spray bottle, shake and spray. leftovers stay in the bottle next time shake and spray. We have hard water here so lots of mineral build up this works wonders.

LauraP
August 31st, 2016, 03:00 PM
Iris Girl, I hope you are running vinegar through your washing machine and dishwasher too. A cup in an empty load works great for removing hard water deposits. Put some in a ziplock and soak your shower head in it. You will be amazed how much better your water pressure is. Just zip the bag around the head.
Did you know that on the wagon trains vinegar was a must bring? It was good for so many things including putting on wounds to stop infections.

Hulamoon
August 31st, 2016, 04:12 PM
I also use blue dawn and vinegar. Equal parts put in a spray bottle shake it up and its good for all surfaces. Does soap scum, mold and mildew and dirt and leaves things slick and fresh smelling. Best thing we ever tried, and cheap.

I'm going to try this one! I just bought a huge economy bottle of Dawn. Good chance to try it out.

liz72703
September 1st, 2016, 10:40 AM
I love Method products too! Non-toxic and they work great!

JCY
September 1st, 2016, 11:11 AM
Great house cleaning ideas here! Thanks! I'll be looking for the Method cleaner & also trying the vinegar & Dawn. Does the Method work in the toilet bowl as well? So many of the bowl cleaners have such obnoxious fumes, I can't stand them. Same holds true for tile cleaners. One just about needs a respirator to use them!

jjkaiser
September 1st, 2016, 11:52 AM
Here's an idea for people that like the Dawn solution. Someone in my family is a professional window washer, yes there is such a thing! He works for a company that does commercial buildings and high rises that are 15-30 stories high. They clean windows with a large bucket of plain water and just 3-4 drops of Dawn. Put the Dawn in after the water or you will end up with a bucket of foam. He says the Dawn cuts the dirt and doesn't have to be rinsed, because when you are on a platform that high up how are you going to rinse off the window?? His formula works great for me although I still get a couple of streaks as my squeegee action is not as perfect as his. But the windows turn out nice and clean!!

Carlie Wolf
September 1st, 2016, 12:08 PM
You guys are actually making me psyched about cleaning LOL

WendyI
September 1st, 2016, 12:35 PM
You guys are actually making me psyched about cleaning LOL

Are you feeling unwell??!!

Carlie Wolf
September 1st, 2016, 12:48 PM
Usually sometime in the Spring and Fall I go through this "nesting" thing and feel like deep cleaning. Or maybe it's just that I can't see real well out of my upstairs windows - very annoying. LOL I've also been thinking a lot about investing in one of those swiffer sweepers for about $20. Anyway, trying "new" things tends to be invigorating after a long hot humid summer. I'M BORED.

WendyI
September 1st, 2016, 12:58 PM
You MUST be bored if you're excited about cleaning!! Although I wish I could get excited about it some days! LOL! I read a bumper sticker once that said, "A clean house is a good sign of a sick mind"....so I kind of adhere to that! LOL!

Cool Breeze Quilter
September 1st, 2016, 02:58 PM

This I'm going to try. I use vinegar for cleaning frequently but have never heard of mixing it with dawn and hot water. Thanks.

Cool Breeze Quilter
September 1st, 2016, 03:03 PM
Iris Girl, I hope you are running vinegar through your washing machine and dishwasher too. A cup in an empty load works great for removing hard water deposits. Put some in a ziplock and soak your shower head in it. You will be amazed how much better your water pressure is. Just zip the bag around the head.
Did you know that on the wagon trains vinegar was a must bring? It was good for so many things including putting on wounds to stop infections.

I'm going to try this too. Vinegar (Braggs apple cider) also helps sooth bug bites. I've heard it even helps with bee stings but can't say form experience.