PDA

View Full Version : Soggy Monday Night Owl

Judy, USMC
August 30th, 2016, 12:52 AM
And it looks like it will be that way until Wednesday. Tropical storm heading this way. It's only suppose to brush the coast of N. Carolina ... but when you're only a few miles from the ocean a brush is still not pleasant. Several downpours today - real gully washers. Tomorrow steadier rains with winds t.o 40 mph.

Got some sewing in - finally. Worked with the local guild to get some pillowcases done for katescloset group. They're a nice group of ladies ... so I decided to become a member ... with fair warning that they will be lucky if I make 2 or 3 meetings a year.

So are y'all rainy or dry?

stationarymom
August 30th, 2016, 01:11 AM
Hoot hoot i'm glad someone started the thread tonight.Sorry you are being rained out we really need some of that here.It's become so dry here that trees are falling for no reason,no winds or anything they just fall.I'm glad you got to your guild meeting I don't even know if there is one around here,but I don't drive and would not be able to get there any way.I hope all the Owls are doing well.I got my Block Magazine in the mail today that was a nice surprise,because it seems it takes a long time to arrive here.

kimsophia
August 30th, 2016, 01:44 AM
Hoot hoot! We did get a storm last night with over an inch of rain...I'm glad not to have to haul water to my transplants! I did a bit of hand embroidery last night but haven't done much of anything today since I woke up at 4 this afternoon...working a crossword puzzle is about it for my activity. Another monarch caterpillar is hanging in a J shape from the roof of the cage, so it will probably crack open into a green chrysalis in 24 hours. I have five more caterpillars coming along. I don't think I'll search out any more eggs this season. My milkweed plants are going to seed and there are fewer green leaves available to feed them.

Guess I'll do a bit more Santa stitching...happy hooting, everyone... @,@

baskets4deb
August 30th, 2016, 02:21 AM
Send a little rain our way! We've had a few fires out this way but nothing like California!

toggpine
August 30th, 2016, 03:59 AM
It's been dry here too. We are expecting some showers on Thursday, about the time I am supposed to be hauling goats into the fair!

If everything lines up, it sounds like my step-dad will be sent home tomorrow. I hope he can keep a civil tongue in his head. If not, we have given Mom permission to leave him to his own devices. She can call us and we will come see if we can line him out. As it is, we may have to hide his truck keys. He thinks he can drive! He can't make it through a 10 minute conversation without dropping off to sleep. I can only imagine what would happen behind the wheel.
There is a long list of stuff to do in the morning, so I should go catch some Zzz's.
Happy hooting! C

bakermom
August 30th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Stay safe!
My son and family had a tornado dancing around their heads the other day. They are safe but many of their trees are damaged.