PDA

View Full Version : more on mm.............

bubba
August 29th, 2016, 10:57 PM
We had a funny afternoon. We went down to see the oncologist when MMs phone rang. I could clearly hear the doctor over the phone and it was then that I remembered that the appointment was actually a phone consult rather than a face to face sit down appointment. So there sat MM, me and our two daughters in the waiting room with the phone on speaker so we could all hear.

MM told him we were out in the waiting room and finally he just sent the nurse out to get us. I'm gong to giggle about this for days!!

Anyway, there are three types of chemo they can use on him. The one the oncologist wanted to use on him is MVAC DD, which is a double dose and highly successful. Well, MM has to do things the hard way, and because of his kidney issues, they can not do that one, nor the more mild version of the same. He will be getting the one where you go three weeks in a row, getting one drug on day one, the same drug on day eight, and on day fifteen he will get drug plus another. He then gets a week off and we start all over again for four cycles.

Tomorrow, we will be going to Seattle and he will have a port put in. They will not be knocking him out, so it should be fairly quick. Chemo should start by Friday. Hoping he handles it well.

Kgrammiecaz
August 29th, 2016, 11:13 PM
Think about you all often. Tough road ahead, but I just know you will get through this. Adding prayers for these coming months. One day at a time will do it. Have fun times in between. Hugs to all.

asta
August 29th, 2016, 11:21 PM
I'll be keeping you all in my prayers.

CraftyJnet
August 29th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Karen said it perfectly and I can't add anything. You and your family are in my prayers.

Ginny B
August 29th, 2016, 11:32 PM
You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Prayers for the doctors too as they present what they think will be the best treatment options.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 29th, 2016, 11:45 PM
It's a journey, my prayers are with you all as you start.

GaGa
August 30th, 2016, 12:09 AM
Continued prayers. You all seem to have a positive attitude and that is so important!!

KarenC
August 30th, 2016, 12:14 AM
Continued prayers for you all.

Simply Quilting
August 30th, 2016, 12:22 AM
Continued prayers. I am glad that you were actually able to see the dr face-to-face, I think it is easier than trying to do a phone consultation.

jjkaiser
August 30th, 2016, 12:35 AM
The journey has begun, wishing you all well and hope he tolerates the treatments okay. Remember to take time for yourself-- he will be relying heavily on you so you need to take care of yourself too! Keep us updated if you can.

stationarymom
August 30th, 2016, 01:17 AM
I'm glad you got to see and speak to the Dr in person,I know I would have gone crazy if I couldn't.I wish you all well and still sending prayers to all of you.This is a long road ahead of you so make sure to take care of yourself also.MM will be in good hasndsand hopefully will tolerate all of this well.

baskets4deb
August 30th, 2016, 02:25 AM
My thoughts are with you and MM. My husband had lymphoma 9 years ago. His experience with the chemo was much better than friends that had gone through it with breast cancer and I'm sure that it is even better today! Hugs to you both!

bec
August 30th, 2016, 02:39 AM
Praying for a success story for MM.

Bjvarizona
August 30th, 2016, 03:27 AM
My husband just finished a 40 treatment stint of radiation for prostate cancer. Not an easy 8 weeks going every weekday to get zapped! Won't know results till Sept 19. Am thinking about MM and you as you go through the treatments. Praying for great results and that he tolerates it well. Know a little something of what you are going through and sending positive vibes your way!

bubba
August 30th, 2016, 03:46 AM
Bev, we just found out today that there will be no radiation at all. Pretty happy about that!

Bjvarizona
August 30th, 2016, 03:56 AM
Bubba, good about no radiation. The chemo is enough stress on the body!

pcbatiks
August 30th, 2016, 05:24 AM
Continuing prayers for MM and you.......

You'll will be giggling about the "in waiting room/phone consult" every time MM has an appointment. :D

Hoping the chemo won't give him any problems.

Monique
August 30th, 2016, 06:21 AM
Pat, prayers going out to you both as you start on this journey. I hope he does well with this course of treatment.

Suzette
August 30th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Praying for all of you as you head down this rough road.

sew-what2015
August 30th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Thinking about you and praying for you and family. Good to hear that he won't have radiation treatments.

Bubby
August 30th, 2016, 09:11 AM
I will keep you and MM in my prayers daily, Pat.

songbird857
August 30th, 2016, 09:12 AM
More hugs... and prayers :)

seaturtle
August 30th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Prayers for you and MM as you start down this path. Your wonderful sense of humor will serve you well.

Sandy Navas
August 30th, 2016, 09:34 AM
The two of you have what it takes - ATTITUDE! Sending mushy stuff - and a few over-ripe bananas. Hugs to you and Mr. R.

JaniceR
August 30th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Pat, I am so glad you gave us an update. All of us here that care about you and MM want to keep up with his progress and how you're both doing. I will continue to pray for you both and your family too. I know all this takes a toll on your family too.

Please give MM all our best and remember to take care of yourself through all of this.

laura44
August 30th, 2016, 01:25 PM
A long road ahead. Positive thoughts each day. Continued prayers
for a speedy and complete healing.

alliek
August 30th, 2016, 02:30 PM
God will Bless and Keep you all in His Loving Care.

geegeequilts
August 30th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Will be praying for you all for things to progress comfortably as possible.

Gina

MayinJerset
August 30th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Come on MM You can Kick this in the Butt!

WendyI
August 30th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Hoping all goes well!! xox

bubba
August 30th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Sitting at the hospital waiting for them to come get him. When his mom had this done, it was in and out in about 30 minutes. The nurse just told us it takes 1.5 hours just for the procedure!

This means we will be stuck in ugly rush hour traffic :(

mommadeb
August 30th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the update. I hope he does well. Take care!