PDA

View Full Version : Update on my little girl Heaven

Angela C.
December 14th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Update as of 12-14-2011.....

As of today....We are on day 20 and Heaven has been here at the Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for 3 weeks....In that time alot has taken place, starting with her diagnosis of...

--- Acute Myeloid Leukemia which is worse than the Chronic because it grows and spreads faster and has to be treated harder.

--- BP has been up and down due to the chemo...but has become more normal as time has went on, (has become more stable as time has passed.

---her temps are up and down....trying to keep them regulated

---She has had a Bone Marrow Biospy

--- 7 Blood Transfushions

--- 2 Platelet Transfushions

--- a Bone Marrow Aspirate

--- 2 IV's (1 in each arm) thay have been removed

--- a Pic-Line (to replace IV's)

--- 32 Chemo Treatments

--- a Echocardiogram

--- Feed Tube inserted because she couldn't eat due to rawness in her mouth and throat (caused by chemo)

--- she has had her finger poked

--- a Lumbar Puncture (aka Spinal Tap)

--- 10 Oral Meds

--- 4 nose bleeds

--- been Sedated 4 times

--- had a X-Rays ( for the pic-line)

---2 CT Scans to check for infection in her sinuses and chest (lungs)

---1 Ultra-Sound to check for any infections in her stomach, abs, kidneys, bladder, liver

--- 8 rough mornings in a row

WoW...I realize now that Christ has been here with us the whole time, because if not....I would have crumbled under pressure.

quilter.martha
December 14th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Oh Angela, my heart goes out to you. Your little Heaven has been in my prayers, and I thank you for the update. I've been wondering what her status is. She continues to be in my prayers, and your family as well. Rest secure in the arms of Jesus, that is the best place you can be.

Patrice
December 14th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Prayers for her Angela..How old is your daughter. Will keep her and you in my prayers

HandsOffItsMine
December 14th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Angela, have been thinking of Heaven and you. She's so brave and so are you and hubby. It's such a difficult thing to go through, I remember when Kat was only a month and they did the spinal tap...one of the worse moments in my life. I feel for you so much. (((Angela))).

Know that we'll keep her and yours in our prayers. Much love, Ruby and Don

PM your address if you think a postcard will cheer her up and make sure to include all the childrens names. :)

sally
December 14th, 2011, 05:08 PM
May God heal Heaven's body and soul.

May her pain cease,

May her strength increase,

May her fears be eased,

May blessings, love, and joy surround her
Amen.

cyndiofthevortex
December 14th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Dear Angela,

I pray for the healing power of Jesus to touch her body and to comfort her.

Cyndi

Angela C.
December 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Prayers for her Angela..How old is your daughter. Will keep her and you in my prayers

She is 12 yrs. old and thank you for your prayers

Angela C.
December 14th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Thank you all so much for your prayers, Scripture and encpuraging words. I haven't been coming here often since this has happened and I can't promise that I will be on here each day so if you would like to keep up with Heavens status I update our Blog frequently through-out the day if you would like to check there every so often. I fyou would like to pass it on to other prayer warriors, please feel free to because we covet each prayer that can ring the bells of heaven.

Blog Address..... http://thecoblerscorner.blogspot.com

Again, we as a family that is fighting with Heaven, thanks you from the bottom of our hearts for all you do. <3

We would also appreciate if you can pray for our other 3 daughters, that the Lord will give them strength and courage to face each and every step that we take together as a family.

If you would like an addy to send Heaven or her sisters a card to you can email me at
gesus4gives@yahoo.com I think it is important that her siblings know that they are important too. They are the best kids in the world and we, as parents, have let them know that thye are very special and dear to us even though we are with Heaven more. and they understand. They are 15, 16 and 20 so they are helping each other. Yes, Heaven is the baby.

Love in Christ to all.

Blondie
December 14th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Angela
somehow I have missed this entire thing ! Call me - let me know what I can do for you.
Praying for healing right this minute

BellasQuilts
December 14th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Heaven and your family are in my prayer daily!

Loonwatcher
December 14th, 2011, 06:46 PM
May God heal Heaven's body and soul.

May her pain cease,

May her strength increase,

May her fears be eased,

May blessings, love, and joy surround her
Amen.
Amen.

Angela, I will keep Heather and you and family in my prayers.

quiltingtrish
December 14th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Heaven is in my prayers and so are you, your DH, and your other daughters. I can't imagine with all that she has gone through in these past few weeks - may God hold your hands.

Hugs,

rebeccas-sewing
December 14th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Angela, Thinking about you, your family and your dear daughter. I hope and pray that she will recover from this ordeal. I'm sure the doctors are doing everything possible to bring her back to good health. I wish we could all be there to lend you our support. Hopefully our prayers will be answered.

Sandy Navas
December 14th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Angela, thanks for the update. I have kept Angela in my prayers and will continue to do so. God Bless you and heal her quickly!

MRoy
December 14th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Saying prayers for Heaven and for your family. God bless you all! ((((HUGS))))

SuziC
December 14th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Sending prayers and a Hug your way!!!

SuzyQue
December 14th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Thank you for the update on Heaven. This has to be a scary and painful chapter in your lives! Sounds like your other children are doing well with it all. Heaven has been and will continue to be in our prayers! May God bring you peace, health, happiness, and time together in this blessed Christmas season! (Be sure to take care of yourself, Angela!)

Tssprague
December 14th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I can not even imagine what you must be feeling or going through. Prayers go out to your daughter and your family in this very difficult time.

KiltedQuilter
December 15th, 2011, 08:24 AM
My heart goes out to you. Sending all my best from over here.x

Shannon
December 15th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Oh Angela, my heart hurts reading your post. I went thru the same thing with my DH the first couple of months of this year, same diagnosis, same treatment. I saw how hard it was on a full grow man (a big burly man) I can't imagine a child having to go thru that! It is so hard to watch someone suffer and all you can do is hold her hand and pray. But trust me, you being there and going thru it with her is the best healing medicine she could hope for. Prayers for you and your family and expecially Heaven!

Don't forget to take care of yourself as much as possible, I know it's hard to take the time...but you really need to guard your health too.

Best wishes

sassyquilter
December 15th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Praying for your daughter and whole family, May God bless and keep you in these trying times. xoxo.

janluna
December 16th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Angela, we are saying prayers for Heaven and for the rest of your family. I know how hard this is for all of you as we are going through it too with our Emily. We will pray for a complete healing! God Bless. Hugs, Jan L.

EsGrandma
December 16th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Prayers for your dear family - so sorry - Linda

sewhot
December 16th, 2011, 01:27 PM
More prayers headed your way!

Nena
December 16th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Will continue to send loving prayers and thoughts to you and yours. Blessings to all of you!!

stitching woman
December 17th, 2011, 12:17 AM
More prayers coming your way for you and your family my God have his arms around your sweet little girl.

Beakkmom
December 17th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I continue to pray for God's strength and peace for Heaven and your family, thank you for taking the time to update us.

Blessings,
Lin

meemeecyn
December 17th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Thoughts and prayers being sent to you and Jan. Can not imagine how painful this must be for all of your families......
Cynthia

Monique
December 17th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Angela, I am at a loss for words but know that my prayers will include you, Heaven and the rest of the family.

CrazyMtnLady
December 19th, 2011, 03:17 PM
my prayers are with both Heaven and Emily. I have said prayers for both of them as well as the entire families. My God Bless you with wellness and happiness.

Angela C.
December 19th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Update on Heaven===‎12-19-11.....Heaven had another great night, she only woke up once with a sore mouth, but the magic mouthwash worked well and she slept until almost 8:30 this morning. Also, today is gonna be another busy day with getting her to walk even more and to eat a little more than yesterday.

And we do have a Praise Report::::: Dr. Edwards and Dr. Dino cam in this morning and let us know that if all goes... well we can go to the house tomorrow if all continues to go well between now and then. AMEN!!!!! I think once Heaven gets home that she will improve so much the more.

We jsut want to thank Jesus Christ for all the strength, mercy and grace that He has given to us to get through this, for without Him we can do nothing.

Please understand that we have to limit her contact with others beings she is still Neutrapenic (sp?) which makes her more susceptable to infections and viruses, so please call before dropping in. Thank you all so very much and please continue to pray for the road ahead is still long. Thanks and ♥ to you all.

Angela C.
December 19th, 2011, 03:45 PM
my prayers are with both Heaven and Emily. I have said prayers for both of them as well as the entire families. My God Bless you with wellness and happiness.

We will pray for your Emily...for God knows <3

Blondie
December 19th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Angela
Shoot me an email if and when you see this or call me. When I was at Mom's Saturday night, the three of us - Mom, Cat and I prayed for Heaven and your entire family. I understand completely about the limitation of visitors all too well. I am glad to read that she may be home for Christmas. Larry and I had discussed yesterday a drive up to Roanoke area after Christmas to come and pray for her in person and to hug your sweet neck. Please let me know what I can do for you. I would be more than happy to bring y'all some dinner/lunch. Let me know!
Blondie

quiltingtrish
December 19th, 2011, 11:47 PM
So good to hear Heaven had another good night. I'll be praying you can take her home.

Hugs,

Angela C.
December 20th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Blondie.....you do what the Lord lays upon your heart to do.

Update::::

‎12-20-11.....Praise the Lord!!!!! 26 days after arriving at Carilion Roanoke, being diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia, going through numerous test, having IV's and Pic-Lines, 9 blood and 4 platelet transfusions, and so much more that I cant think of right now.....Today is the BIG day!!!!! We are moving out and will be heading home later this afternoon. Glory to God.
We ask that you all contin...ue to pray for Heaven and our family. We will be returning to Carilion Roanoke for the next Chemo Phase on Jan. 6, 2012. She will be in surgery on that day (if her blood counts are ok) to have a Port placed and then she will have another Bone Marrow Biopsy done and she will also receive her first intravenious Chemo treatment. She will then (the following day) start her 8 days of treatment then we will probably be here for about 2 weeks after that. We will see how things go but they have said that the second round is about as rough on the kids as the first was.
Thank you Jesus for your mercy and grace. Thank you for allowing us to bring her here before it was to late. Thank you fer keepingyour hand upon her while here. Thank you for the very knowlegeable Doctors that she has. Thank you for the fact that she is doing well. We pray Lord, that you will continue to keep your healing hand upon her through-out this entire journey and beyond. Thank you Lord w=for loving us the way you do. Thank you for being right on time even though we may think you late. Lord, Thank you.

KatiesQuiltingCorner
December 20th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Glad to hear she gets to go home! Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

CrazyMtnLady
January 1st, 2012, 12:42 AM
I pray that Heaven is home and bringing in the new year with you. I still have her and Emily in my prayers every day.
I hope the New Year brings you nothing but happiness. God bless you...

janluna
January 1st, 2012, 01:07 AM
I will keep Heaven in prayer and lift her up for our Father's healing, in Jesus name. Hugs, Jan L.

Meli
January 1st, 2012, 01:19 AM
May our beloved Heavenly Father bless you all with strength and courage and hope, and may you be daily reminded that you are in His loving embrace.

Meli