PDA

View Full Version : Talking about laundry!!

MaryUK
August 28th, 2016, 05:35 AM
Well I got home yesterday after a week away!! First job was to get the washing done as I can't stand to see it hanging around, got the first load of many hung on the line and the heavens opened!! The towels can go in the dryer but the rest can't so stuck with a kitchen looking like a Chinese laundry!! I need to wait until Monday for the next drying day!!!

Monique
August 28th, 2016, 07:08 AM
I know what that is like.

Snip Snip
August 28th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Oh gosh, I haven't had an outside clothes line in so many years! I miss that smell of sun-dried sheets and towels.

Bubby
August 28th, 2016, 09:00 AM
I'm in the Laundry Club with you today, Mary. I don't hang our things out, but how did I ever get so far behind?? All week I washed quilts, curtains and rugs and let the clothes stay dirty in the hamper.

toggpine
August 28th, 2016, 01:10 PM
I wanted an outdoor clothesline. Then we got the turkeys. Nope. Everything smells like turkey poop out there.
Unless the breeze is blowing away from the house, I can't even enjoy my yard swing.

My bet is the clothes think there is a party going on in the laundry basket/hamper. While we sleep or are gone from the house, random articles of clothing just jump in there to join the fun. Either that, or there are people living here I don't know about.

quiltsRfun
August 28th, 2016, 02:30 PM
I'm in a fix with laundry too. I stayed at my folks' house for our family reunion. (They both recently passed away and we're still in the process of settling the estate.) So I decided to wash the towels and sheets we used. Halfway through washing a load of towels the power went off. So here we are with a washer full of water and towels. We need to leave for home soon. I don't know what I'm going to do about those towels.

alliek
August 28th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Oh gosh, nothing worse than half done laundry! I always say when asked what appliance I can't do without are the washer #1 and the dryer (working well of course).
:icon_giggle:

WendyI
August 28th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your parents quiltsRfun. That is quite a pickle you were in. What did you end up doing?

I would die for an outdoor clothes line! So refreshing when sheets and pillow cases are dried outside!

quiltsRfun
August 28th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your parents quiltsRfun. That is quite a pickle you were in. What did you end up doing?

I would die for an outdoor clothes line! So refreshing when sheets and pillow cases are dried outside!
I had to leave it and come home. My brother who lives near by is working on it. I hated to leave him with that mess but couldn't fix it and couldn't stay. If the cycle had finished I would have hung them outside as there are clothes lines at the house. My mom also liked line dried clothes and so do I.

lilamath
August 29th, 2016, 12:01 AM
Love the outside smell, but the outside allergies prevent it. I don't have a clothesline, but the deck has nice rails to hang wet rugs on.

GaGa
August 29th, 2016, 12:32 AM
Laundry is challenging with one arm and I can't lift anything with my left arm so I tied a rope on a laundry basket so I can drag it through the house to the laundry room! It works and I don't have to make as many trips back and forth. Used to have clothes lines but glad I don't now as I couldn't use them anyway. Now folding them with one arm is really interesting! I "roll" a lot of it on my island! It doesn't look great but it works!! 5 more weeks in this sling!