PDA

View Full Version : Creaky Night Owl

kimsophia
August 28th, 2016, 01:54 AM
Hoot hoot...I'm stiff and sore from too much gardening today, but I had a good time staggering around in the heat. I am moving coneflowers to a sunny area and hostas to a shady place...When we moved here 22 years ago there was no shade except what the house made, but the trees we planted grew so large that now I have little full sun anywhere on this lot. Boy has the balloonflower seeded all over. I pulled a lot of excess out...

So, no sewing today. My hands hurt so off to bed for me. How's life in your tree?

Judy, USMC
August 28th, 2016, 02:07 AM
There's a lot of work in my future - housework that is. Been pulling fabric for pillowcases to match what's been sent and what we've purchased. Unloaded the car with what we brought back from Chicago. Piles here and piles there - on the chairs, on the table and on the beds.

I hate to come back to a messy house so those piles have to be sorted and put in their proper place. I moved several times in my military career and was able to purge before every move. Been retired 24 years and that's the last time I did a serious donation. So I'll be searching for boxes tomorrow!

Have a great Sunday!

stationarymom
August 28th, 2016, 02:27 AM
Hoot hoot today ended up being a real lazy day around here.Now i'm sitting up waiting for my DD to return from Country fest.She is the only one that went anywhere today.I got the pool vaccumed,it's not easy to do with the dog jumping in the water every few minutes.Kim i'm sorry you're feeling creaky tonight.Judy it spunds like you bought lots of fabric ,I hope you got some good deals.I hope all the Owls have a great night.

toggpine
August 28th, 2016, 03:12 AM
I'm creaking along with you Kim.
After a quick trip into town I picked a bucket of blackberries, put the tomato plant back upright since the wind blew it over, and then took down the tent since it wanted to sail off in the winds today. After that bit of fun, I spent the rest of the afternoon mucking out the barn. That job had been left for too long. Ick! That was a LOT of processed hay!
I didn't get the goats washed on Friday, since I sat and visited with the boys' mom for a few hours when she came to pick them up. I figured that since I'm giving them a bath, they ought to go back into a clean barn. So now everything is all stiffening up. Yea.
Most likely, there will be no sewing for the next few weeks while we deal with back to school and the State Fair.

Cokie
August 28th, 2016, 04:37 AM
I went to bed a few hours ago but my knee really hurts tonight and I'm tossing and turning. I don't want to keep DH awake so I came downstairs. Maybe I'll doze off in the recliner for a while. Sounds like several of us are aching tonight! I've been planning pillowcases too. Not sure how many I can do but I know I can do some. Off to try and get a little sleep before the sun comes up!