PDA

View Full Version : Froggin' Night Owl

kimsophia
August 27th, 2016, 01:52 AM
Hoot hoot! I finally got up the gumption to repair the padded quilt chair back that I tore in the wash...ack! The a/c was off in my sewing room so it was nice and warm for seam ripping and working around thick comforter batting. :P I found out that I had to hand baste some of the worst areas before I could machine sew it accurately. I'm glad that's done.

So, no cross stitching today but I did get a lot of floss for a different project. It's a 3-D cross stitch nativity set. I've got enough projects lined up for a few years, I think!

How's your night going?

stationarymom
August 27th, 2016, 02:36 AM
Hoot hoot i'm happy to see another Night Owl.Sorry you had to do your froggin in the warmer air I would have melted.Your next cross stitch project sounds like it will be a real keeper and unique because of the 3d effect.

snippet
August 27th, 2016, 03:12 AM
Not doing much tonight right now. I went out for lunch with a friend and then we went window shopping for a bit. It was quite hot and got a bit of a headache; when I got home I took a nap to recover. Now I'm awake - story of my life.

I want to take some hand sewing/embroidery with me on my cruise next week. I just haven't decided what to make.

Judy, USMC
August 27th, 2016, 03:19 AM
I love when us night owls gather! I don't operate well without a/c ... so I admire you getting that task done.

Went shopping to match up some fabric I have in my stash to make pillowcases. Steve is now into fabric shopping for the boys and spends his money on it! Today he was into sports and outdoor themes and found some good material on sale for only $2/yd. A couple of teen boys are going to get digital cammy cases.

Hang in there - fall is coming ....

snippet
August 27th, 2016, 03:42 AM
I wouldn't be able to sew without A/C either! I could barely walk around the shops without popping into a store to cool off.

I have to find something to make pillow cases too. I also have to find some fabric with antique/vintage toys in it too. The bus charter to the Houston quilt show has a block lottery and this year's theme is antique toys. I don't really want to applique anything, but I might if I can't find the right fabric.

LauraP
August 27th, 2016, 08:49 AM
snippet--have you seen this one
https://www.amazon.com/Story-Time-Toys-retro-fabric/dp/B01G5ZMJFC