PDA

View Full Version : Ah Friday, you're here!!

Monique
August 26th, 2016, 08:44 AM
Good morning friends. Another beautiful sunny day here today. We were busy yesterday with errands and I had a dr's appointment in the afternoon. All is well, no infection. He did tell me that I would be sore for at least another 3 weeks. I did not like that. I should be 100% (in my mind at least). But it is what it is. I have an appointment next Friday with the surgeon and then we are off on our trip.

Today the fair opens in Cobden and I think that is where we are headed. Only two more sleeps and then Maizyn gets to go home. I think she is homesick as she told me she told Daddy to come get her last night on the phone. I love to death, but will be glad when she goes home. The house is a disaster and this E is tired.

On that note, y'all have a wonderful and safe weekend. I hope none of our members were near that tornado in Indiana, or anywhere else for that matter.

Bubby
August 26th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Hi Monique and Everyone,

We have a thunderstorm moving in already this morning.

I will finishethe last of the pillowcases for the kids in Louisiana this morning and get them in the mail later today. Jeff is done with training and is back on the job today. Tomorrow is a full work day at the apartments.

Jenny's new tutorial is cute. I don't think I have the periwinkle template and probably won't buy it....but I can get free shipping today,,,Hmmmm.

Special hugs to our Bea.

Wishing everyone a safe and good Friday.

songbird857
August 26th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Morning all... heading into another weekend, but this one will be significantly more quiet! Last week, we left here on Thursday, camped on Cape Cod til Sunday... came back home for like an hour to repack, then headed up to the time share until yesterday!! Got home yesterday, my daughter repacked... then we drove her to the airport last night for her flight to Croatia (mission trip). Please pray for her safety - 2 hour layover in Istanbul right now... I'll breathe when they leave that airport for the final short hop to Zagreb.
I'll be heading to the gym shortly... and now, I leave you with pics of Ella enjoying kayaking ;) Have a great weekend all!

peggiep
August 26th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Morning Everyone
A beautiful day today and the humidity is finally out of the air. I was sure we were going to get a storm overnight but we didn't.

Monique I understand completely how you have mixed feelings about Maizyn going home. I find it extremely tiring to host the grandkids for an extended period of time. They have so much energy and need to be "busy" all the time. Enjoy your time at the Cobden fair. I understand it is a nice one.

Bee, I hope you feel more like yourself soon. Prayers and thoughts are with you.

Bubby, have a great day!

Today we are off with friends to Toronto (about a 4 hour drive) to see a Blue Jays baseball game tomorrow. Normally, I look forward to this annual trip, but for some reason, I just don't want to go. I'm sure we will have wonderful time but all the prep to get this is bringing me down.

Yesterday, I used Jenny's Chicken pin cushion tutorial to make up 6 chickens for the tuck shop at one of the area nursing homes. It is a great tut and it only took me a couple of hours to get them all done. The longest time was spent choosing fabrics from my stask ... I have so much stuff...lol

When we get home on Sunday I am going to start the cleanup of closets and cupboards and get ready to donate to the various relief requirements. It wil be a challenging job but there is something about the return to school time that motivates me to get busy and clean!

Have a wonderful day (and weekend). Prayers to those in need, especially in Italy and Louisianna.

MayinJerset
August 26th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Great new tutorial. Probably won't make it but the technique seems easy, those fabrics are beautiful.

Wishing I had something Fun to do today but we need food and some other supplies so off to the supermarket and other shops we go. Local newspaper said we will be getting a huge new supermarket, a German one named Lidil, not sure of spelling but it is prounced like needle. Anyone have one in your area? It wasn't made too clear but I think it's like Aldi. It's not that we need a new supermarket as we have a Super ShopRite, a Stop & Shop and an Aldi in our town, Pathmark closed a few years ago, and towns around us each have a Super Shop and a Foodtown or Stop & Shop and there's a Costco.

Hey Bee, Hope you're doing better today.

WendyI
August 26th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Morning all! Slow day at work again today... I will be glad when things pick up around here! uhg. I hate not being busy at work! And even worse I don't look forward to weekends anymore as I spend them mostly alone. I'm really struggling with that lately...I don't miss my ex so much anymore, but I do miss being the only person I know who isn't in a couple situation. Not that I want to be "coupled" but it would be nice to have someone to do things with! I had a group of friends who were single but are now all coupled. Wish there was a group around for single, older women. Sigh. Oh well, I will figure out somehow I guess.

I love the kayaking pics! I want kayaks so badly! I've been looking for a while for used but they are still so very expensive. :( Hoping next year I can grab some with my income tax.

Well I should probably try and find something to do around here...they are paying me afterall. Sending lots of love and hugs to those in need! xoxo

toggpine
August 26th, 2016, 02:28 PM
I have a few extra children at my house this morning. They are absolutely fabulously behaved. We are having blueberry muffins and milk for breakfast. Then I think they will go back to building their blanket and pillow fort.

I think goat washing is on the agenda for the afternoon. The state fair begins next week and the girls need to be all pretty for their adoring audience. That and it is supposed to be 90 plus today, so a good excuse to play in the hose!

WendyI
August 26th, 2016, 03:56 PM
I think goat washing is on the agenda for the afternoon. The state fair begins next week and the girls need to be all pretty for their adoring audience. That and it is supposed to be 90 plus today, so a good excuse to play in the hose!

AWWWWW!! can I come help!!?! OMG I ADORE GOATS!!!!

toggpine
August 26th, 2016, 07:35 PM
Absolutely!

stationarymom
August 27th, 2016, 02:22 AM
Songbird I'll keep your DD in my prayers I can understand your concern.When my DD was in college she had to go to Nepal back country as part of her psychology major I was worried. She was fine (I wasn't)