PDA

View Full Version : Those in Italy, please respond if possible.

Monique
August 24th, 2016, 09:52 PM
We have forum members in Italy, right? Prayers that they are safe and far away from the terrible earthquake.

Did some searching and I believe Juliet Taylor to be in or around 2 hours from the centre of the earthquake, but I am not 100% percent sure. I do hope that she will be able to reach us.

stationarymom
August 25th, 2016, 02:02 AM
I hope they are ok.I am sending prayers for all the people in Italy affected by the quakes.

Bubby
August 25th, 2016, 08:13 AM
This is such a tragedy. I've been praying for our members in Italy.

Sylvia H
August 25th, 2016, 08:32 AM
I just sent her an email. Should I hear something, I'll let you know. But I'm sure, if she is okay, and gets my message, she will come on the forum herself. Her last post here was on the 18th, and her last blog post was on the 17th.

Sylvia H
August 26th, 2016, 03:05 PM
I am sorry to say that as of this time, I have not heard from Juliet. I keep checking several times a day.

WendyI
August 26th, 2016, 03:55 PM
If she is in the area of the earthquakes I am sure there are significant power disruptions and intermittent internet. Hopefully we will hear soon!

Juliet Taylor
August 26th, 2016, 05:03 PM
sorry everyone, I did not mean to make you worry :)

I'm alive and well. Although my family comes from Rome, I live in Trieste which is up north in Italy, so I'm very far away from the earthquake. Actually right now I'm even more far away, this is way it took me so long to check my email, because I'm on vacation in South Tyrol (so I'm even up more north than from home) for two weeks of hiking with my husband.

My heart is very saddened by the tragedy that happened in those cities in Italy, like "Amatrice" for example, because EVERYTHING is destroyed. Tons of people lost their homes, a lot lost their lives, family got separated... it's a very dramatic moment.

Dear Sylvia, I wrote you back and came fastly here to reassure everyone. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers

Sylvia H
August 26th, 2016, 05:19 PM
It is wonderful to hear from you and to know that you and your family are fine.

MayinJerset
August 26th, 2016, 05:20 PM
So glad you are OK, keeping all affected by the earthquake in our prayers.

DeniseSm
August 26th, 2016, 11:07 PM
The pictures are heart rending. Glad to know all is well with Juliet.

WendyI
August 28th, 2016, 04:57 PM
So glad to hear you are safe and sound and that your family was not affected. It is extremely sad to see what is happening. Hopefully things settle down soon and the healing can begin! xox

Monique
August 28th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Thank God you are safe. Thanks for letting us know.