PDA

View Full Version : Grandson Jack Update

Amarillo19
August 24th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Jack started his chemo yesterday -- the first round of 4 rounds. Each round consists of 3 days of chemo followed by one day of white blood cell booster. He's in the hospital for the first round and will be there 2 days, go home, have a treatment on day 3, go home and come back on day 4 for the white blood cell booster. (Rather complicated.)

It's a good thing he was in the hospital because with the first drug he had a violent reaction within 4 minutes of it starting. He was nauseous, turned red, then ghost white, his throat closed and he started vomiting. Luckily our son was staying with him overnight. Now they're waiting on the doctor to see what to do.

This has been an emotional roller coaster. I can't imagine what his parents are going through. It must be hell for them.

When stuff like this happens I start to wonder where God is in all this and become pretty depressed. But then I started thinking about a quote I saw: "Don't worry; I've got this." --God. I have to believe it's all in God's hands because if I don't I don't know how I could go on.

Thanks for listening. The support of the good people on this forum has been a great comfort.
Ann

jjkaiser
August 24th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Oh my gosh that sounds so scary! You have been on my mind so much since you shared this initial diagnosis. Wish I could help carry the burden, it must be so overwhelming for everyone. Thank you for the update. We are all pulling for him.

KarenC
August 24th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Positive thoughts and prayers for the family. I sent his first card on Monday. Tried to find humorous cards to lighten the mood.

PatinValrico
August 24th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Dear Ann,

If you are real still, you will feel my arms around you, strengthening you and sending you peace. If your faith falters, do not worry; I have enough for all of us.

Thoughts and prayers from FL.:icon_calm:

Amarillo19
August 24th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Dear Ann,

If you are real still, you will feel my arms around you, strengthening you and sending you peace. If your faith falters, do not worry; I have enough for all of us.

Thoughts and prayers from FL.:icon_calm:

Thank you. That means a lot to me.

Simply Quilting
August 24th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Wow that was a scary first reaction to the drugs. Continuing to pray for Jack and the family.

seaturtle
August 24th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Sorry to hear about how rough the 1st treatment was. Praying the others go more smoothly.

MaryUK
August 24th, 2016, 06:29 PM
"Do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you...... Isaiah 41 v10.

I hope this helps in your time of troubles xx

pcbatiks
August 24th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Hi Ann, just wanted to share this with you. This quote was given to us years ago when my DH had cancer treatment. It meant a lot to us and I hope it will give you encouragement too.

Sandy Navas
August 24th, 2016, 08:11 PM
The prayers continue! Keep the faith!

stationarymom
August 25th, 2016, 02:12 AM
I am so sorry he has to go through this.I will keep him and the family on my prayer list.I will get out this weekend (I can't drive) to get his card and get it on it's way.

pcbatiks
August 25th, 2016, 10:17 AM
If anyone else would like to send cards to Jack and his family.......just send me a PM for the address. Thanks.

WendyI
August 25th, 2016, 10:46 AM
I'm so sorry he's had a rough start of it. Poor wee guy! :'(

Amarillo19
August 25th, 2016, 12:34 PM
"Do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you...... Isaiah 41 v10.

I hope this helps in your time of troubles xx

Yes. That helps a lot. I have to keep reminding myself that God's help is great and evident all around us.
Ann

Amarillo19
August 25th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Hi Ann, just wanted to share this with you. This quote was given to us years ago when my DH had cancer treatment. It meant a lot to us and I hope it will give you encouragement too.

I love that. I've copied it and will send it to our son and his wife.
Ann