PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Flood

Lonna
August 22nd, 2016, 09:48 PM
I know I have not been on here for a long time. I still keep up with a small few on facebook. And this is the reason for this post. I have heard a few people here were wondering what to do to help out the flood victims of Louisiana. I know in the past of the wonderful things people here have done. My favorite quilt shop in New Orleans is collecting pillow cases and pillows to be sent to a church in Baton Rouge for those who have lost everything. There have been over 100,000 homes lost in this flood. My self I am lucky my home did not flood but by folks and brother have lost everything. But if anyone wants to help the quilt shop Mes Amis in New Orleans you can find them on facebook just search for Mes Amis quilt shop. These are some wonderful ladies who lost everything during Katrina and are wanting to help and pay it back. Thank you all for your help and prayers.

alliek
August 22nd, 2016, 10:01 PM
Lonna If you look under "groups" you will see Louisiana pillowcases for kids. I think this is a great idea. I am so sorry for your family's losses. It must be devastating. I am praying for all that have been affected by this terrible flood.

Lonna
August 22nd, 2016, 10:16 PM
So sorry if there is something already being done. I was just posting this because I was asked too. So you all can just go ahead a delete this post if you like. Sorry to have taken up your time.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 22nd, 2016, 10:46 PM
Lonna, we are so glad to hear from you in person. I am glad to hear you were OK, but what a shame about your parents and brother losing everything. We'll keep your whole family in our prayers. I guess people on this forum want to help in any way they can. It's good to hear from someone who has experienced the terrible situation that the pillowcases will be a donation that can be used, and I'm sure many will be donated from this group. We all will be thinking of you and your neighbors as this response to the flooding goes on. Good luck to you, dear forum friend!

pcbatiks
August 22nd, 2016, 11:08 PM
Hi Lonna.......as Jean said I'm also glad to hear from you. We've missed you here. So sorry to hear about your parents and brothers homes. Thanks for checking in with us. It doesn't hurt to have the pillowcase collection mentioned more than once. It's a good reminder. Let your family know that we will be praying for them and for you. Take care of yourself.

We've missed you friend.

pcbatiks
August 22nd, 2016, 11:28 PM
I just saw this blog today with one example of how bad the flooding was in some areas of southeast Louisiana. It's unbelievable the amount of homes that were damaged. The 2nd link is from Lafayette tv station. There are photos of the flooding on the page.

http://averagequilter.blogspot.com/2016/08/louisiana-flood.html

http://www.katc.com/

Kateskloset
August 23rd, 2016, 01:19 AM
Hey Lonna! Remember me, I live here in Ponchy too! I am also collecting pillowcases for kids affected by the flood. Going to take them to some of our schools , daycare facilities and over to Frost Elementary.

Judy, USMC
August 23rd, 2016, 01:51 AM
Lonna - Sorry to hear about your family's losses. They must be so grateful for your help!

I have some adult pillowcases already cut that I'll forward to Mes Amis once they're finished since they said on FB they are also supplying sheltered adults with pillowcases too. I believe they're providing assistance in Baton Rouge.

toggpine
August 23rd, 2016, 02:35 AM
Lonna! Thanks for stopping by to let us know how best to show our support. How cool that the LQS is willing to give back!

Bubby
August 23rd, 2016, 08:09 AM
Great hearing from you, Lonna. So sorry to hear about your family losing everything. Don't be a stranger....(((HUGS)))

seaturtle
August 23rd, 2016, 10:03 AM
I also have some material cut for pillowcases. I will try to get them done as soon as I can. So sorry to hear of the loss of your family. Our church will be sending a team down to help with clean-up and bringing in food and water. Prayers for all who have lost so much.

mischiefkat
August 23rd, 2016, 10:18 AM
Lonna,
No pillowcases here yet. Just want to send prayers to your family and all other effected. I know what this kind of destruction is all about. Charlie survivor. Hugs and prayers. Kathy

MayinJerset
August 23rd, 2016, 10:25 AM
Thanks for letting us know you are OK and about the quilt shop that's collecting pillowcases as it can't hurt having another place to send them to.

bhaggerty
August 23rd, 2016, 11:11 AM
Lonna, good to hear from you! Glad you are ok! Prayers for your family, friends & neighbors! You are always welcome! I have never made a pillow case, but will make and send some your way!