PDA

View Full Version : Monday and the start of a brand new week

Monique
August 22nd, 2016, 08:48 AM
Good Monday morning all. Maizyn is here and you can tell by the toys and stuff laying around. She's quite the little ticket let me tell you. We are having fun though. And this grandma is already tired, LOL!! I have to be careful because I am still sore but happily most of the itching is gone. There are still a few spots that are still itchy.

We don't have much planned for today because I won't have a vehicle. Les is working days and then staying with the Momma tonight. We had rain yesterday and a big wind last night which blew in much colder weather. I had to shut some windows.

Our excitement yesterday was another LIVE mouse in the mouse trap. You should have seen Maizyn's eyes. That mouse if never going to return, we 'took' care of it.

Maizyn and I make pancakes every morning. She helps of course. She tried syrup, but she doesn't like it. She tried peanut butter and crackers, doesn't like that either. She did like orange yoghurt. And she has woken up every morning so far, DRY!! I have more laundry to do today, ours and hers.

Have a great day friends. I know mine will be busy.

pcbatiks
August 22nd, 2016, 08:59 AM
Good morning, Monique and others as they wake up.

Monique....did the mouse "go to live on a farm so it would have lots of room to run and play"? :lol:

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to sort books this morning. A trip to the grocery store is really needed and I am on a quest for cotton lounge pants. Target used to have them. Now almost all of them are made with polyester.......bleh.... I could make a pair but hoping to avoid it.......they are more expensive to make.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Bubby
August 22nd, 2016, 09:22 AM
Morning Everyone,

I'm sewing pillowcases for the kids in Louisiana that were flooded out of their homes and schools and lost everything. A pillowcase isn't much but it can be a comfort having something of their own.

We are somewhat happy campers....the judge ruled in our favor in our case against "that tenant" and gave us everything we asked for and a bit more. There is still so much to do to make the apartment habitable, but we are making progress.

I have so much to do here this morning and then a trip to Cuba.

Monique, enjoy your time with Little Miss...they keep us young on one hand and remind us of our age on the other.

Pam, I hope you find some cotton britches!

Wishing everyone a good day....Hugs....

pcbatiks
August 22nd, 2016, 09:52 AM
Great news, Bubby! I'm happy for you and Jeff!

Monique
August 22nd, 2016, 09:57 AM
Good morning, Monique and others as they wake up.

Monique....did the mouse "go to live on a farm so it would have lots of room to run and play"? :lol:

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to sort books this morning. A trip to the grocery store is really needed and I am on a quest for cotton lounge pants. Target used to have them. Now almost all of them are made with polyester.......bleh.... I could make a pair but hoping to avoid it.......they are more expensive to make.

Hope everyone has a great week.

You should have lots of cotton in your quilt stash, right?

pcbatiks
August 22nd, 2016, 10:02 AM
You should have lots of cotton in your quilt stash, right?

Very funny! :D I do....but most of it is smaller pieces. I might have a make a patchwork pair. :D

Monique
August 22nd, 2016, 10:04 AM
Very funny! :D I do....but most of it is smaller pieces. I might have a make a patchwork pair. :D

That would work, one of a kind. You might get orders for those!!

Mousie went to mousie heaven!!

shermur
August 22nd, 2016, 10:35 AM
Morning! Off from work today....my first official vacation day from the new job started in January of this year!

Frantically trying to finish the quilting the 4th PHD (Project Half Done) for Show and Tell at quilt guild meeting tonight.....
The challenge was given in the spring of this year to have as many projects done before our quilt show in mid-October 2016. The incentive? A third of all the fat quarters as submission for the challenge. I submitted 8.....the is high doubt I will get all eight done! But at least half of the eight for entry of the fat quarter draw.
Now, do I need at least fifty fat quarters? I will half to clear space to house them should my name get drawn....I am hoping to get at least two more done by the dead-line at the end of September!
I hope everyone has a great day!

Should I have time to bake/prepare a snack for meeting tonight...I hope to. Any suggestions of what to take?

MayinJerset
August 22nd, 2016, 11:52 AM
I can hear the happiness in Monique's post now that her DGD is visiting, Barb's happy too but her and DH have a lot to do to clean up the mess that destructive left.
Good work Sherri with your PhDs. No advice for meeting snack, I usually bring cheese cubes, crackers and grapes as my guild meets on Sunday at 2pm and most members haven't had lunch.
Ah, pchbatiks, just hate it when a store changes one my favorites, and it often costs more to make it yourself.

DS#1 was over yesterday afternoon, he was going to take a love seat home but just when DH and he went to load it into his SUV it began to rain. He did BBQ some steaks for dinner, just moved the BBQ under the deck canopy. They were pretty good too.

Loving the cooler weather, so now no excuses for not getting things done. Friday night I made notes of things to do today so I better get going. First another cup of coffee and I promise I'll get them done.

JCY
August 22nd, 2016, 12:25 PM
Good Morning, All ~ I'm letting my breakfast settle for a few min., then I'm headed out to do more weeding. I hope to get the garbage in the toter before the truck comes by. It's relatively cool, but I want to beat the heat. It's supposed to be 90. Yest. was 96! Much of the afternoon yest. I sewed borders on the Herringbone quilt. I'm making it large enough for queen size. One more border to go.

I was supposed to have a root canal tomorrow, but at the last min. I decided to cancel. I've been ambivalent all along about whether to do the root canal or just have that tooth pulled. It's a molar clear in the back, so I think I can do without it. An extraction is only $97., whereas the root canal + the crown would have been close to $2,000. out of pocket. It's not that I can't afford it, but I just can't see spending that much $ on 1 tooth. So I have an appt. next mo. for the extraction. DH thought all along I should just have it pulled. I guess only time will tell if I made the right decision.

Well, the timer just went off, so the time I allotted myself up. Time to go weed.

Simply Quilting
August 22nd, 2016, 01:16 PM
Good Morning! It has been a wonderfully cool weekend. The windows could finally be opened. It felt more like fall which is a nice break from hot and humid. I was able to get some sewing done on the retreat favors. Today is the first day of a busy week. Every day has at least two things going on. I, personally, would be just as happy to stay home all week and get some sewing done but things do need to get taken care of.

I would like to mention that we do have 5 spots open for the fall forum retreat which is Sept 25-28. You can find out more information and the registration link on this post http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=61474

Have a great day everyone :)