PDA

View Full Version : It's Tuesday December 13th

Monique
December 13th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Good morning everyone. I have been up since 3 something and could not get back to sleep. So here I am bright and early.

Yesterday I got to finish the oven mitt and the hot pad for DIL. Made two more totes. 3 more to make and then I am done with those.

Working on quilting the border for the black & white quilt I am doing (pics in album). Need that for Christmas.

I want to get the tree up today, hopefully. And get more sewing done.

Aside from all that, there isn't much to tell.

Have a grand day.

rebeccas-sewing
December 13th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Sounds like you've got a busy day ahead of you. Maybe you can catch a nap at some point. Even a 10 or 15 min. rest can help you get through this busy day you have planned. Some strong coffee might work too. LOL

Mrs.Sew&Sew
December 13th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Hi Monique and Rebecca! I know the feeling I have been up since 3:30! Ugh......it's going to be a long day! I did get a little sewing done but Monday's for me are cleaning days! I am working on sections of a quilt to show at Guild this Thursday it will be our BOM for 2012. I need to wash my car we are going out of town on Friday for a wedding. Thursday is also the Guild Christmas party and my secretary/BFF will NOT be there BOO..... I guess I will do it all myself! Hope I get the sections of the quilt done so I can show everyone. Plus hubby is flying in tonight so I have to drive to the airport to pick him up! YEAH!! Also hair appointment to go to as well!

Hope you both have a great day! :icon_wave:

Here is the BOM I'm working on for 2012

quilter.martha
December 13th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Michelle, that block is awesome! Love it.

Today is my last day of teaching taxes (for this year at least)! Today its a 6 hour seminar on Massachusetts State taxation. Doesn't that sound like fun to you all? :) Tonight will be a good night for take out chinese food, I think!

Have a great day!

SuziC
December 13th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I am taking a break from projects today. My 3 yr old Gson is here today so we are going to play all day! Have a Wonderful Day!!!!

Loonwatcher
December 13th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Monique & Michelle, you do sound very busy but don't worry you'll get through the day.

Michelle, love your blocks.

Martha, sorry to say but NO it does not sound like fun. I hate anything to do with taxes or insurance (oh, and politics). Glad there are folks like you out there who can take care of that stuff.

Suzi, have a great day with your GS. Sounds like a perfect break.

I'm looking forward to guild tonight. I'm showing my design for the purse (see my projects album) to get suggestions for refinements. If I can work out the bugs I'm hoping to publish the pattern.

Have a great day!

Beakkmom
December 13th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Michelle, love the block, and the color choices are beautiful! You earlybird ladies amaze me! My daughter decorated our tree yesterday, so our house looks very festive now. I was OK with a tree that had only lights and an angel this year, glad she was in 'elf mode'. Haven't been able to shop at all yet, but DH has been able to go out and about~it is fun to see what he gets for everyone. With him as our main gift-getter, I suspect everyone's gift will come from Bass-Pro or Cabellas :)

Our snow has all melted....but we still have time for more snow and a white Christmas!

Blessings to all,

Lin

cyndiofthevortex
December 13th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm beginning to feel like a sluggard for sleeping until 7:30! Get some sleep, ladies!

Nancy, your purse is wonderful. Very elegant. I hope you can get the pattern published.

Martha, I hope you find some time in January to put your feet up and just relax for a while! I know things have been both hectic and sad for you. Prayers are still coming your way. I love the picture of you and your mom.

Suzi, I love three year olds! I love hearing what they are thinking in their little minds. Always something cute. Have a great day.

Michelle, what's a BOM? Your quilt is very cute, whatever it is! Have fun showing it off.

Rebecca and Lin, I hope you both have a nice, peaceful day with some sewing in it for good measure!

Nothing new here. Putting up more Christmas decorations, which makes me very happy. Binding one wallhanging, quilting another to get them to their proper homes this week. I'm also trying to decide on a pattern to make quilts for my three little DGDs. Can I make three little quilts before Christmas, do you think, if I pick a simple pattern and use fabric I already own? I just might try it if I can get the last two wallhangings done today. Maybe if I start to get up at 3 in the morning....

Cyndi

Sandy Navas
December 13th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I'm finally down to the wire - meaning if I don't get out and about today we just may starve. The pantry is getting low. Have a few stops to make along the way and then will meet up with DD as she takes the whole tribe to the dentist for cleaning today. Two of the girls will be coming home with me to work on their projects for Christmas. I'd best get on with it. I feel like the world is spinning too quickly.

Hugs and prayers and warm wishes, happy stitches and good eating to all.

Bubby
December 13th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

I feel like a slug compared to the rest of you. All I have left to do is holiday baking and meeting our potential new furry family member, a black lab. We will see....I'm not totally ready for another doggy right now.

Martha, I'm not that much into taxes, but I am into 'being done!" Chinese sounds wonderful!! Suzi, so glad to hear you are gooing to play all day!! Sandy, hang in there! Cyndi and Monique...pace yourselves so you don't burn out!!!

Hugs and prayers all around....Barb

HandsOffItsMine
December 13th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Oh my and I thought I was up early again...Monique beat me to it!

Up at 5am, got to shoot that Rooster out by the palm tree! :icon_heh: Someone transplanted him about a week ago from the other end of the valley...maybe I shoot just shoot him!

Everyone has busy plans, some fun, others not so fun (MARTHA). Actually I love numbers, statistics and legalize, I would take your class if I was local. :)

My day will be sewing, sewing, sewing 'till DH runs from the Kapolei Classic Car LunchBunch car show, think a bunch of old dudes popping the hoods of their cars at Wendy's taking about the old times. LOL Then a time back to Boutique the Target to finish up buying gifts for the family in Burbank and 3 Salvation Army Angels we picked off a tree at the Mall. There's no room for a tree here plus no storage, decided to gift the fund for fresh tree instead. More fun anyway.

Enjoy the day, prayers for all, huggers and I'll check back later! Ruby

toggpine
December 13th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Hi!
I hit the hay early last night. Too many late nights of sewing in a row! It looks like I'll have to bust out the heaters for the watering tanks. The hummingbird feeder is frozen solid, that is usually my indicator. I'll get to that right after I get a fire started in the wood stove. Usually by now the house has started to warm up. Apparently the clear night followed by the clouds rolling in this morning has not led to the sun doing it's part. Brrrr! My fingers don't want to flex!

I still have a LOOOOONG way to go on the list of sewing projects. More late nights in my future!

You all have a good day!
Cathy

KiltedQuilter
December 13th, 2011, 05:16 PM
It's horrid weather here today. I had to go out and try to finish the Christmas shopping(groceries, apart from the perishables)....SO busy! Yuck!
Then I had to drop baby off and go and then go to school for a parent's night with the bigger boy. SO proud of him, the teachers all love him/his attitude/his manners etc (I did wonder if it was the same person they were speaking about)! Pick the baby up from the in-laws. Home to cook a celebratory "your-teachers-love-you" dinner, put the baby to bed and wait for hubby to come home.

Tired and then some! :icon_sleep:

Hope you're all having a fab day!

quiltingtrish
December 13th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Hi everyone - sounds like lots of you were up way too early for me.
Have to head back to school - have a 2 hour class that will go towards the 20 hours we Aides need each year. I sure hope it's an interesting topic this time. Then on to the Christmas Guild meeting. Good food and a small gift with lots of chit-chatting.

I hope you all have an interesting evening out there waiting for you. Would like to pick up a hand project instead, but any day it doesn't snow that I can get to these meetings is a good day and one less class I'll have to take in the Spring or Summer.

Hugs,

Mrs.Sew&Sew
December 13th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Michelle, what's a BOM? Your quilt is very cute, whatever it is! Have fun showing it off.

Cyndi

Sorry it stands for Block Of the Month. But as you can see this is a little different it's not just one block it's a lot of blocks put together to make one BIG block the one in the picture is 18.5x18.5 they actually call them sections in this pattern. But our guild has been doing Block of the Month for the past 4 years so I didn't want to change the name to section of the month. That would just be confusing! LOL

To the rest of you I really did not get up at 3:30 on purpose!!!! I just could not go back to sleep. We have guild meeting/Christmas party Thursday and all my help will be else where so I am going it alone!! So making lists in my head is not good when trying to sleep!

Hope you all were able to accomplish all you set out to do!!
:icon_noob:

MRoy
December 13th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Hi everyone! I had a holiday from work thanks to our governor's inauguration being today...one of the perks of being a state employee. So I worked on more of the grandson's quilt blocks. I didn't set out to get the grandkids' quilts done for Christmas so I can take my time.

Michelle, your quilt block is sooo pretty!

Martha, I'd love to take one of your tax classes! I'm an accounting major and my favorite classes were the tax classes.

For those who were up so early this morning and everyone else, I wish you sweet dreams tonight.

Nena
December 13th, 2011, 11:28 PM
You have been so busy. Not being able to sleep is terrible but it looks like you put it to good use. Sounds like you accomplished alot. Good for you. I have been up since 3:30 myself for work. I am beat today. It was nuts at work. So glad my husband made dinner tonight. To tired for sewing. Tomorrow is another day.
Michelle-your block of the month looks really cool. Great job. Enjoy your husband coming home.
Martha--good luck with your taxes. I always cringe when my husband does our taxes.

janluna
December 14th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I was up till 5 A.M. Slept for a couple of hours and got up and did what I had to do and then at 4 this afternoon I took my meds and laid down. I slept a whopping 15 min. Back up to do dinner and dishes and cleanup. Finally made it to the computer again to say HI!
I want to take the time to let you know about a special gift to my granddaughters. This wonderful lady and her husband took the time out of their very busy lives to send Emily, Laura, and Sarah a very special postcard to let them know they were praying for them all. They made sure to include Emily's sisters which doesn't happen often. Emily has garnered a lot of attention on the news as a poster child for Aplastic Anemia and getting people to sign up for Bone Marrow transplants. (BTW She may not now be able to have one due to cell mutation, I can explain more later) She still does the work when she is well enough. She wants people to know there are a lot of Emily's out there who may need your help. People sent presents and cards and all kinds of messages to her. Her sisters stood by and watched the bad things that happened to Em and also watched the presents (as only a 6 year old and 2 year old will do.)
They didn't understand everything of course. They do now. Emily has always shared these things until it became overwhelming and Heather had to make an appeal to please stop. Since then she gets messages through the Bone Marrow people. Life settled down, but still people from church sent things.
I want to thank Ruby and Don for their sensibilities to include Laura and Sarah. Those two were so thrilled that someone knew and cared about them too. And Emily was over the moon that they were remembered.
So Ruby and Don, God Bless you and keep you safe always, and thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Hugs, Jan L.
P.S. They were also happy that the card came allllll the waaay from Hawaii!!!!! Too cute!