PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday

Monique
August 18th, 2016, 08:24 AM
WOW August is sure flying by quickly. It's been two weeks since my surgery and I am happy to report that I am on the mend. Itching is certainly getting better but not completely gone. Tomorrow we go pick up Maizyn. I can't wait to spend time with my girl.

Went to town yesterday, paid some bills and mailed off a parcel for the Block swap. I did a little sewing yesterday but not so much. I may do more today.

It is a very cloudy day which may or may not turn into a rainy day.

I am missing my friends who are away for one reason or the other.

Prayers and blessings going out to those in need. You know who you are.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Bouse
August 18th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Morning Monique and all who follow today. Glad to hear you are on the mend and the itchies are diminishing. I could not work out which day it was this morning when I woke up. I only started back at work on Tuesday after being off sick for 7 weeks so I am a little out of routine. I am hoping to get a little sewing done this evening once I blow the dust off my machine. It hasn't seen any action since the middle of June when I started to get poorly. Wonder if I'll remember how to use it.......

Bubby
August 18th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Hi Monique and Everyone to Come,

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts for us yesterday.....we won our case in court, but how could we not. We will likely never see a dime from the tenant unless we push the case through criminal court. Yesterday was a long, stressful day and we're so glad it's behind us. Now I can concentrate on other things.

Today I will be catching up the laundry but there should be some time for sewing. I have no (zero) UFO's to work on so I will start something new. At least I'll make a few UFO's!

Wishing everyone a pieceful day.....with Hugs.

songbird857
August 18th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Morning all...
Just a quick pop in; errands are calling. Weekend will be busy, my band is playing on Cape Cod this weekend - and the weather should be nice!! Have a great weekend all :) (I do know that it's only Thursday, but I won't be online tomorrow ;))

pcbatiks
August 18th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Good morning. For those of you who need a good laugh.........here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1LI7ndOcGU

We saw this a couple of days ago.......I laughed until I had tears in my eyes.

And here's the best baking tip I've ever seen.

Monique
August 18th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Good morning. For those of you who need a good laugh.........here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1LI7ndOcGU

We saw this a couple of days ago.......I laughed until I had tears in my eyes.

And here's the best baking tip I've ever seen.

I saw that video some time ago and I too laughed until tears ran down my legs.

MayinJerset
August 18th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Had some much needed rain during the night and it feels like we are going to have a nice summer day. I need to tend my potted plants out front as they look kind of weedy. First I need to attend a basket full of this weeks mail, most of it will go directly into the recycling box but I'm sure a bill or two are hiding in there. Need to remember to order some stamps, mail a couple of packages the other day and completely forgot about buying stamps.

Cathy F
August 18th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Hi Monique and Everyone to Come,

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts for us yesterday.....we won our case in court, but how could we not. We will likely never see a dime from the tenant unless we push the case through criminal court. Yesterday was a long, stressful day and we're so glad it's behind us. Now I can concentrate on other things.

Today I will be catching up the laundry but there should be some time for sewing. I have no (zero) UFO's to work on so I will start something new. At least I'll make a few UFO's!

Wishing everyone a pieceful day.....with Hugs.

Barb, I'll gladly send you some of my UFO's. LOL!!

JCY
August 18th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Barb, so glad you won your case! Wow, I cannot imagine having no UFOs! I'm gradually working on mine. But then I find I want to start some other project, and on it goes... I had only 30 min. to FMQ yest. Just a small area is left to do before it all will be quilted.

Had a wonderful time of sharing over lunch yest. with last year's group of ladies from BSF (Bible Study Fellowship). We visited for 2.5 hrs. Come Sept. it will be a new group of ladies to get acquainted with.

I don't have time to linger. I'm headed out to do yard work before it heats up. I plan to replant that flower bed I emptied out several days ago. Had to dig out everything in order to remove all the grass. And already new sprouts of grass are popping up! It's so discouraging. I suppose we can blame Adam & Eve? I know it will look nice when it's done, & I'll enjoy the fruits of my labor come next year when the plants have taken hold & things once again bloom. I do enjoy my flowers, even though it's a lot of hard work.

Have a great Thursday, Everyone.

Bubby
August 18th, 2016, 01:31 PM
The video was priceless....thanks Pam!

Simply Quilting
August 18th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Monique, enjoy time with your granddaughter.
Barb, so glad to hear that you won your case. Wow no UFOs - that would not be the case around here.

Beautiful day outside. We went to the Sheriff Department K-9 garage sale fundraiser. There were lots of people there. I have a very specific list of items that I was on the hunt of. I found one item. I didn't see any sewing stuff at all.

Have a great Thursday everyone :)