PDA

View Full Version : Family Update

HandsomeRyan
August 18th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Hi everyone. I haven't been on lately because, shockingly, having 2 small children, a full time job, and a new house takes up approximately 115% of my free time. I hope as things slow down this fall to get back into quilting a bit. In the mean time I wanted to give a quick update on the family as many of you have been keeping up with my son since he was just a jelly bean on an ultrasound picture.

Sawyer (aka: Wiggles) turned two and a half last Saturday. He had a checkup and our pediatrician said he meets the height, weight, and muscular development milestones for a healthy 3.5 or 4 year old. He is very healthy, just huge. This causes problems for him because people expect more from him and don't understand he is just a baby. He is a happy boy and we have a lot of fun together.

"Baby" Daisy (aka: B.P.) is nine months old and the sweetest, happiest baby you will ever meet. She just learned to crawl and she is trying desperately to keep up with her big brother. She has 2 teeth but she eats pretty much whatever the family eats (cut into smaller pieces of course). I think Sawyer was a pretty chill baby but Daisy is even chiller.

Tabatha is doing well. She got a job doing data analysis and she likes both the work and her colleagues.

I hope everyone here is well. I miss my forum family and hope to get back into some sewing as fall arrives.

Bouse
August 18th, 2016, 08:28 AM
It's lovely to have an update. The children are beautiful and look very alike.

Iris Girl
August 18th, 2016, 08:31 AM
Thank you so much for the update. Beautiful children so happy everyone is doing well!

Bubby
August 18th, 2016, 08:31 AM
Hi Ryan...Great hearing from you. Your kids have grown so much and they look so much alike! Wiggles is such a handsome little guy and Daisy is a real beauty....you are a man most blessed. Check in when you can. I'm not the only one who has missed you.

Monique
August 18th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Your ears must have been ringing as were talking about you on another thread. LOL!!

Ryan, you have such a beautiful family. Thanks for 'popping' in letting us know how you and family are doing.

songbird857
August 18th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Hey Ryan,
We have been wondering how you and your family are doing - but boy do we understand the demands on your time right now (...and for the next... oh... 18+ years ;)). Thanks for the pics of those beautiful kiddos!

Suzette
August 18th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Lovely to hear from you and catch up with your sweet family. Those kids are simply too cute!! :icon_bigsmile: Hope to see more of you around here soon!

MRoy
August 18th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Ryan, it's great to see you here and get an update on your beautiful family.

amartin24
August 18th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the sweet pics of your kids and the family update! I remember starting to quilt a few years before I had kids. Then family, work, etc. made for a Long hiatus. But, it's all good. You'll be able to fit in Quilting when the time is right. Enjoy your family!

Lori63
August 18th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Great to hear all is well with you and your family! I remember those days of being so busy with kids? Enjoy them because they these years go by way to fast!

Grandma Nan
August 18th, 2016, 10:14 AM
Ryan we have missed you and your stories about the wee ones. Glad you stopped by to keep up in the loop. The kids are still so adorable.

WendyI
August 18th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Hey Ryan! Nice to "see" you! Wow kids really need to stop growing so fast! They are absolutely adorable! Before you know it they will be getting ready to head off to high school as my boy is. It goes by so very fast!

Happy to hear things are going well for you and your family!

MayinJerset
August 18th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Wonderful that you stopped by with great photos too! So happy the kids are doing so well and looking so adorable. Mega Hugs to you and your awesome family.

Simply Quilting
August 18th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Ryan, what wonderful pictures and a great up-date. You have been missed.

Hulamoon
August 18th, 2016, 10:44 AM
It's so nice to see you pop in and that your doing well. The kids are as cute as ever!

Navy Wife
August 18th, 2016, 11:04 AM
So good to hear from you, and see the pictures. Tennessee is a good place to raise a family! The time for quilting will return soon.

laura44
August 18th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the update, beautiful children!

Cathy F
August 18th, 2016, 11:48 AM
What a beautiful family! Thank you for the update, hope you'll be back on a regular basis when things slow down for you.

rebeccas-sewing
August 18th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Your children are adorable, Ryan. I can't get over how much they look alike! You four are at such a wonderful age right now. It sounds like you're enjoying it to the fullest. I can remember back to this time when I was in my late thirties and my girls were little - happy thoughts. Thanks for checking in with us.

lauratreky@comcast.net
August 18th, 2016, 12:43 PM
I usually just lurk in the background reading posts and living life vicariously through all of you, but I had to get online to say your children are beautiful and growing so fast! Your son is a mini you and your daughter is just as precious! Enjoy this time with them-it goes by so quickly.

alliek
August 18th, 2016, 01:00 PM
So Nice to hear from you Ryan and see the pictures of your precious kids. They are a joy to look at. God's Blessings to you and your family. (Yes, I had a boy that was big for his "age' and yes, people expected more of him than he was capable of at the time. No problems though, he is a lovely man, with four wonderful daughters and a my DIL is a doll too.)

bhaggerty
August 18th, 2016, 06:08 PM
Great to hear you are all doing well!!

JCY
August 18th, 2016, 10:25 PM
Thanks, Ryan, for giving us an update & posting pics of the kids. They are precious. Maybe when the colder weather comes, you'll find some quilting time. Did you get your sewing room organized & ready to use?

jjkaiser
August 19th, 2016, 12:47 AM
We have missed you but I can certainly see why you had no time for quilting or the Forum. Your kids are SOOOO darn cute! They grow up way too fast. Looking back remembering when my 3 kids were around the same age as yours, ----ahhh those were the good old days!!! You can always quilt later. When you are old like me

stationarymom
August 19th, 2016, 01:37 AM
Hi Ryan we were just talking about you.I'm glad you had a minute to check in.The kids are beautiful! I bet wiggles is almost as tall as me.Make sure to stop and enjoy them because this time passes way to fast.

cv quilter
August 20th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Ryan, nice to see your post. So glad that all is going well for you and your lovely family. You and Tabatha make beautiful babies :) It's so wonderful to see such sweet and happy faces. Thank you for posting and hope to hear more from you soon! You are definitely a busy man and I'm sure Tabatha is keeping up with all of you, too. Congrats on her new job!

stitching woman
August 21st, 2016, 07:21 AM
Ryan, The children are beautiful. So happy that the family is doing well and look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Yanna
August 21st, 2016, 01:30 PM
Ryan you have a beautiful family. Love getting the update.

Grandma G
August 21st, 2016, 04:07 PM
So good to see you post! Wiggles and B.P. are beautiful. I can only imagine the fun you all are having. Thanks for checking in and letting us know all is well.

source of joy
August 21st, 2016, 04:55 PM
I'm usually just a lurker here as I'm always feeling swamped with stuff to do and am trying to manage my online time as effectively as possible but I needed to jump in here and let you know how well I understand busyness of life with little ones. I have a 17 yr. old now who's packing to go back for her last week of her summer camp job and a 10 yr. old who's out with dad shopping for the 17 yr. old. Life is still very busy even now but at least I'm able to take this little moment to just tell you that I was finally able to start quilting just this past year or so. Enjoy your lovely beautiful family. Time flies by.

geegeequilts
August 22nd, 2016, 03:58 PM
What a couple of cuties!! I was wondering a while back how the Handsome Ryan Folks were. Hmmm, 115% huh? Does that mean no quilts?

Gina