PDA

View Full Version : Not Leaving

auntiemern
August 18th, 2016, 06:49 AM
Not Leaving
Just taking a break. The fact is, I love MSQC. I love the company, the employees, the family and Hamilton. I love their products, and their stores. I support them in everything they do. I don't do this blindly either. I know them. I have sat and had meals with them and conversed like old friends would do. It truly bothers me that are so many people on here now, that are so negative to the forum members, and to the company, that provides this free forum for their supporters. So yeah, when people post things complaining about them, I take offense, and get defensive, the same way I would if someone was picking on one of my grand kids. I don't understand why anyone would want to be a part of 'their' forum if you are only going to complain about them. Griping about the cost of their fabric, their precuts, their everything. Complaining about shipping, them not answering your phone calls right away, customer service, emails that weren't answered an hour after you sent them. Seriously, why are these people even here? This is 'their' forum, for there customers. Then you have the ones that generally have nothing nice to hardly ever say, and seem to look for reasons to target people because, God only knows why. I have to think, they are just unhappy in their personal life, and their personal situation. Then the other unwitting followers, follow suit for what ever reason. It has nothing to do with 'old timers' picking on 'newbies'. It actually seems to be the other way around. We have lost so many wonderful members because of this kind of nonsense. Look at the 2014 retreat group and see how many, that were such a big part of the forum are no longer here. It really is heartbreaking. And the simple reason is, that they too were tired of the negative turn that this once friendly, supportive group used to be. Look at the number of post in a day now, and the number of responses....those numbers speak for themselves comparatively to what they once were.
Granted, I have had my 'moments'. But in my defense, it has always been in defense of something or someone that I felt was wronged. So really, IMO, if you can't support their business, buy from them, be supportive of this forum then you should find someplace else to complain about them, and the members that love them.
I have 2 charitable groups in this forum, and they will continue. I won't give up my my mission, because of a few, out of touch people.
I have many friends here. You know real ones, not just ones I have talked to here....the kind that I have shared meals with, been in their homes, laughed with, cried with and had genuine hugs from. So I am not leaving....just giving myself a break from the dramafest that some members seem to create.
Love to my dear friends...in the words of Arnold " I'll be back"

Bouse
August 18th, 2016, 07:30 AM
Don't make it too long before you come back though. I too love this forum. I can't afford to buy my fabric from MSC because I live on the other side of the world and that makes the shipping prohibitively expensive but I stumbled across this forum in 2014 (I think) when I started my quilting journey. I check in here most days, even when I was in hospital recently because I enjoy the company of the like minded people on here. I have also received so many kind wishes recently from people I have never met but "talk" to frequently. It can be a great place to spend time.

shermur
August 18th, 2016, 07:50 AM
I understand, Marilyn....I have somewhat felt the same way for a little over a year now. I don't post like I used to; and having met you and a few others that first Fall Festival in 2013? I will always admire your quilter's knowledge and passion!

And, I will be accountable to state....I apologize to anyone if I have ever offended or seemed negative...it was not my intent.

Don't stay away too long and drop a private note every once in a while! Quilty hugs to you and I sent you my number, Ms. Marilyn!

Monique
August 18th, 2016, 08:11 AM
My personal motto is "IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL"

Take a well deserved break and we will see you back here soon, because you will miss me too much. LOL!!!!!

134243 on Facebook of course.

Bubby
August 18th, 2016, 08:20 AM
We will really miss you, Marilyn. I understand how you feel, Marilyn. Keep in touch....my info is in my User Notes. Hugs....

Iris Girl
August 18th, 2016, 08:23 AM
I agree with Monique 100% If you can't say something nice or helpful STFU! Plain English. Marilyn we love you and will be missed . Don't stay away too long. I also used to post much much more , but it is not the same place I first found a few years ago. Some people are down right nasty . I work retail so I see this first hand every day. It leaves me shaking my head in wonder what happened. I have never met any of you in person, but still feel I know a lot of you have shared your joys and sorrows and cyber hugs and high 5's. I belong to several groups here and will continue with helping Marilyn's groups as long as I can (hopefully a very long time). I do not participate in many groups anymore because of lack of support and follow through on some. But I have done a few swaps lately that were run perfect I thank you for those and hope more open I can join.

songbird857
August 18th, 2016, 08:51 AM
I get it :)

I have not been on the forum as much, mostly because I'm getting my life back in order (no need to explain, most of you know why).
However, I, too, have noticed some very snippy posts lately. I really don't tend to jump into the fray, but I do read the posts.
I do remember working in retail years ago, and it's true what they say - you can give great customer service (repeatedly), and the customer might tell 1 person. If you slack/make an error/don't get it right/etc., the customer will tell 10 people. Let's be careful choosing which bandwagon to jump on. Take a deep breath. Walk away from your post before you hit 'post'. Think about the impact of your words. Is it constructive criticism? Or just a hurtful rant... anyway... jumping off of my own soapbox now.

Marilyn - don't stay away too long ;)

Judy, USMC
August 18th, 2016, 09:17 AM
I completely understand why you need to step away. It's OK for a while but please don't make it too long. See you next month.

WendyI
August 18th, 2016, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. Although we may not always agree, I do try to be respectful and kind to all members. I have noticed a lack of posting here, but I normally only hang out in this portion of the forum because I have nothing of value really to add anywhere else right now. I know I would have been lost without this forum over the past year to help me overcome the pain of my divorce. I hope you won't stay away long as I will miss your support and encouragement going forward. (((HUGS)))

MayinJerset
August 18th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Sometimes we all need to take a break from our 'family' so keep working on your charitable groups as your aims are an inspiration to all of us.

Carlie Wolf
August 18th, 2016, 10:52 AM
I'm sure you will be back, sometimes we just need a little rest from things :-) ((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

shirleyknot
August 18th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Seriously, why are these people even here?

Seriously, what right do you have to even ask that? And therein lies the problem. How completely condescending can you get

Grandma Nan
August 18th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Marilyn I completely hear you. I have backed off a lot in my postings in the past year not only because the tone of the forum has changed but also because it can consume so many hours in a day if you let it. As with all groups, dynamics change, the group gets larger, people move on etc etc so nothing ever remains the same nor would we want it to. There are still very many wonderful, giving and loving people on this forum that I am proud to call my friends. We met on this forum but we also have met face to face and enjoyed each others company and shared meals. This is a good spot for ideas, support and just plain fun. We care about one another even if it is in a virtual environment.

Discussion and debate is healthy but I'm not sure why people feel the need to snipe at each other if they don't agree and you are right, if people don't like M* (for whatever reason I can't imagine) just look and say nothing. There are lots of other places to purchase and no one forces you to come to this site. No one or no company is perfect so from time to time things will happen but it doesn't need to be dealt with in an open forum. M* always treats people fairly and they will make it right if you perceive you have been wronged in some way. Like I say to the kids when they just keep up the verbal jabs- "just zip it, I dont want to hear it anymore"

Posting that negative stuff offends people who are loyal and feeds into the negative attitudes of the bullies (hate to say that word in this context but it has been true). We are all adults and should try to ignore the negative. If it gets no response then people will move on but some people only feel happy when they can stir the pot and get something going. Personally, I will drive 50 miles out of my way to avoid a conflict or confrontation, its not in my nature and it is very upsetting to me and I hate the feeling even when others fight. I have my own feelings about things but do not expect that others must share them, if we disagree that's fine, we carry on.

Don't stay away too long Marilyn. We'll miss your contributions and expertise.

grammaterry
August 18th, 2016, 11:03 AM
I feel your frustration and respect your decision, however, as a relative new comer who feels like she has been embraced by the forum, I must say I will miss you and your wisdom. The positive feedback and encouragement that I have received from what I perceive to be "the regulars" has been so valuable in my efforts to plod on. You are among my regulars. I find that there are about a dozen "regulars" that seem to hold this forum together.
You are absolutely correct that MSQ deserves better than this. This is truly a wonderful outlet for us and we have so much to learn from it. It is easy to access and it seems to me that they listen to our desires and try to provide for them. They have a tech person that keeps us private and safe without slamming us with unwanted spam. What more could we ask for.
They provide us with unlimited access to fabulous product and even give us sales.
Please remain with us as a regular. We do need you. And, as a side note, as soon as my Shriners Project is completed, I will try to help out with your charity.

laura44
August 18th, 2016, 11:44 AM
I agree with you Marilyn. I love this site, love the Doan family, love the fabric I
buy. Too bad one or two members always stir the pot.
I have disagreed with posts in the past and I just let them pass by. Life is too
short for me to be worried about stupid stuff. My friends husband has brain cancer,
that is what I worry about. This is a FREE QUILT forum, we all need to remember that.

EnumclawGramma
August 18th, 2016, 12:01 PM
I get it. I've been there. I don't post, or for that matter read as much here as I used to for the same reasons. I just feel it's a waste of emotional energy. I've made some very special friends on this forum, and I will need to stay "plugged in" for them. But the occasional snarky conversations? No thanks.

Love ya GF, take your break but come back.

Carolnnc
August 18th, 2016, 12:14 PM
I am also relatively new to the Forum and have found it to be a very helpful, inspiring, funny (and fun) place that I can go to find other quilters. I have noticed the negativity and have chosen to go into the person's profile and block them so I don't see their comments. I have large family that has too many nasty, negative, critical personalities so I try to avoid negativity like the plague. It is very frustrating to have people leave or back off of participation because they are so needed on the Forum.

Granny Judy
August 18th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Just wanted to say, I love ya, Marilyn... Yes I understand why and hope you are able to forgive the hurtful peeps remarks.

It changed me and I no longer "hang out" here as much as I used to.. It's my choice. I have so much more to do than hang here with the negativity that has crept in. Hope you are back, full time, soon.

alliek
August 18th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Yes a "break" now and then is necessary. Don't be gone too long:icon_sniff: I will miss your posts Marilyn. I try not to engage the "naysayers", I know it is difficult. MSQC is such a wonderful company I can understand your wanting to defend any criticism. Be Well:icon_hug:

bubba
August 18th, 2016, 01:43 PM
I don't think the majority of the people who get accused of mean or nasty things realize what they are saying may come across differently when it is read by someone else than it was intended by the poster....does that make sense? When talking face to face, it's always different that reading what somebody has written.

When I first started coming here, I did not post for a while. I then pulled up my big girl panties and answered a question somebody had asked. Almost immediately, I got shot down by someone and I did not post on here again for quite some time because I thought they were rude and did not want to be around things like that. Then I found the 'block' feature!! That person is blocked and I don't have to see her posts anymore, unless I choose to. I have found it necessary to block three others as well because I don't like their negativity and sniping at others, thinking they can do no wrong.

If somebody posts things that you don't like, use that feature. It saves you a lot of grief. Life is too short to worry about everyone else and it's not your job to do so.

Carlie Wolf
August 18th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Wow Carolnnc , I didn't know that you could go into a persons profile and block them. Thanks for the heads :-) We learn news things every day LOL

kensington
August 18th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Seriously, why are these people even here?

Seriously, what right do you have to even ask that? And therein lies the problem. How completely condescending can you get

It's a valid question. Why don't you just answer it and how can you even use the word "condescending" towards someone else? Give me a break.

She is concerned about people who seem to be focused on snarking and complaining about M* rather than to be friendly and supportive of them in the forums they created for that purpose. Why can't you just give us all an idea why you are like that? We want to understand. Maybe.

Carolnnc
August 18th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Wow Carolnnc , I didn't know that you could go into a persons profile and block them. Thanks for the heads :-) We learn news things every day LOL

You are welcome. I found it totally by accident but it sure does come in handy.

kensington
August 18th, 2016, 06:21 PM
You are welcome. I found it totally by accident but it sure does come in handy.

Almost all posting forums have that option. I have been a member on 2 military wives sites since 2001, and honey let me tell you... snarky doesn't begin to touch what those women can do. Blocking can be your best friend. ROTFLOL. Once they get going... look out. ROUGH... :icon_popcorn:

Not that I can't keep up... Lord knows I can. But, sometimes, it's a waste of time.

CraftySweetPeas
August 18th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Awww, I'm sorry you're taking a break. You will be missed by many and by me.

When I see that negativity, I just back out of that topic and ignore it. I will be honest and share that there are some folks that I just would rather not read. (Please don't flame me for stating that, I'm trying to show that even the "newbies" feel the way the "Seniors" feel.)

This is a wonderful forum and there is so (very!!) much information that is transferred to and between new and old quilters. And it is a great board because of Seniors like yourself. Please don't let your break last too long (I'm being selfish!), as I, for one of many, will miss your "tribal knowledge" in this art of sewing and quilting!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

LauraP
August 18th, 2016, 09:21 PM
As I'm reading this I am singing "Accentuate the Positive". I agree with face to face being easier than writing but you can always use smileys to let people know you are saying something in a teasing way. Let's try to get our wonderful forum back to a happy place.

JCY
August 18th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Someone please remind the rest of us how to block a person's negative comments.

RiverMomm
August 18th, 2016, 11:16 PM
Someone please remind the rest of us how to block a person's negative comments.

This is how you use the ignore list*:

Go to the forum member's name and click on it.

You will see their picture on the left hand side. Look under the picture and click on "Add to ignore list"

You will be prompted on the next page if you want to add them to your ignore list.

The ignore list isn't permanent. If you want to add them back, just go back to the first page (click on the forum name and it will take you there) and click on "Remove from ignore list"

*I used Jean as a sample because we all know that no one would ever put her on the ignore list. We love Jean and this is only a visual aid. No ignore lists were harmed or changed during the process of making this tutorial.

bubba
August 19th, 2016, 12:03 AM

I used Jean as a sample because we all know that no one would ever put her on the ignore list. We love Jean and this is only a visual aid. No ignore lists were harmed or changed during the process of making this tutorial.

Also, when you have blocked a person and they post, while the post does not show up, it does show that they have posted and you have the option of reading it (which sometimes I sadly do :( ) or removing them from your blocked list. I'd post an example of what that looks like, but some people might get cranky......

Hulamoon
August 19th, 2016, 12:08 AM
I tried blocking once. But I like to see who caused the train wreak. Human nature. lol

bubba
August 19th, 2016, 12:44 AM
I know Lori!!! Sometimes I suck it up and click just to see the posts, but for the most part regret it because it normally makes me cranky.

sherriequilts
August 19th, 2016, 01:02 AM
I high five you , hug you , for saying what needs to be said. It's OK if MSQC just isn't your thing ... But for the love of all that is good ... Please stop using this FREE forum to push people to other sites or talk about what they aren't doing right. Jenny and Al Doan are REAL people ... Not characters on a TV show. They have lives, feelings, adult children, grandchildren. Does MSQC do everything right every time for each single person? ......No they don't ..cause they're human. And they are the first to admit when an issue has occurred. So Auntie ... I stand with you!:) Hugs!
Sherrie

Jean Sewing Machine
August 19th, 2016, 01:30 AM

Go to the forum member's name and click on it.

You will see their picture on the left hand side. Look under the picture and click on "Add to ignore list"

You will be prompted on the next page if you want to add them to your ignore list.

The ignore list isn't permanent. If you want to add them back, just go back to the first page (click on the forum name and it will take you there) and click on "Remove from ignore list"

*I used Jean as a sample because we all know that no one would ever put her on the ignore list. We love Jean and this is only a visual aid. No ignore lists were harmed or changed during the process of making this tutorial.
Thank goodness you clarified that for me! Whew! Thought I was on your bad list!

EnumclawGramma
August 19th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Thank goodness you clarified that for me! Whew! Thought I was on your bad list!

Hahaha! Oh how spot on this is! We do all love you Jean! You are the reason I joined the forum and you were the very first one to send me a friend request!

Sylvia H
August 19th, 2016, 12:42 PM
I tried blocking once. But I like to see who caused the train wreak. Human nature. lol

LOL! Lori! Me too!

ceiliam
August 19th, 2016, 01:15 PM
I haven't been on busy summer so missed what happen I am sorry u will be missed some people ,after 20. Plus years of customer service are never going to be happy it's like they enjoy being mean and hurtful and being negative about everything. I'm sorry someone did something hurtful. I love this group, I have never understood people who are so hateful. Life it way to short . Hugs to you and this wonderful group of people who lift me up. Cecela

Caroline T.
August 19th, 2016, 03:35 PM
"*I used Jean as a sample because we all know that no one would ever put her on the ignore list. We love Jean and this is only a visual aid. No ignore lists were harmed or changed during the process of making this tutorial."

:icon_rofl:

kensington
August 19th, 2016, 03:41 PM
I high five you , hug you , for saying what needs to be said. It's OK if MSQC just isn't your thing ... But for the love of all that is good ... Please stop using this FREE forum to push people to other sites or talk about what they aren't doing right. Jenny and Al Doan are REAL people ... Not characters on a TV show. They have lives, feelings, adult children, grandchildren. Does MSQC do everything right every time for each single person? ......No they don't ..cause they're human. And they are the first to admit when an issue has occurred. So Auntie ... I stand with you!:) Hugs!
Sherrie

You live in Independence... we need to get together. I'm north of KC a bit. Are you going up to M* for the Birthday bash?

SisterDi
August 19th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Sherrie

Please understand that I'm trying to respond to this in a reasonable way, not trying to be confrontational. I think that most of us know that the Doan family does everything in their power to address customer issues in the best way, better than other online companies because theirs is a family business.

How do they come to know about issues? Phone calls, emails, and sometimes this forum. There is even a sub-forum for posting stuff like that. Those of us who are established customers or been to the quilt shops know this. We should feel free to post about these things because that is how NEW posters find out. Sure, there are some people who take their unhappiness to a level that may seem excessive, but one can never know what else is happening in that person's life that causes such a reaction. Maybe there is nothing, and they are one of those people who kvetches about everything. Well, it takes all kinds of people to make up a community, and we certainly have that here.

What also seems excessive to me are the reactions that I see from some folks here when one of the kvetchers speaks up. I just don't see these complaints as personal attacks on the Doans. How could they be if they don't know them? When someone spends money, it is about a business transaction. Mistakes and complaints are part of doing business. No matter how well you know the Doans, you are, first and foremost, a customer. That relationship deserves a certain degree of responsibility from both sides. The responsibility of the customer is payment. M* is responsible for fulfilling the order in a timely manner. Anything above and beyond that is gravy, and most of the time, we get the gravy.

The way that the company has grown in the last few years has left some plates wanting for the timely manner. It seems to have leveled off, but an order or two can slip through the cracks sometimes. It's business, not personal. I have never thought "the Doans must hate me, my order is taking soooo loooong". I joked about it once, not in those words, but it was a joke. I have the utmost respect for this company, and if I'm guilty of anything, it's envy for them having so much of everything (fabric, tools, machines, cabinets) to play with at cost or as a result of sponsorships. I'm human, and I am flawed.

I know that Marilyn has personal health issues and family health issues that affect the way she reacts to things. When you're under stress, it's sometimes hard to take a deep breath and let things go. She and I both know that the breaths don't come so easy anyway when you have lung issues. ;) I just wish that she and others could see that we all bring something good to the party here, and hopefully, take something good away. There is gravy from time to time, and some of it can be pretty icky, but that's just the way it goes. If everyone could take to heart the "Be kind" message that is a part of this forum, and recognize the fact that we are all fighting a hard battle, maybe things like this won't happen so often. We control the way we react to other posters, it is on each one of us to remember that, and not point fingers at others.

I value every member of this board, and I'd love to see less of the us vs. them mentality, and more of the US.

Namaste, my friends. For anyone who doesn't understand that here you go:

shirleyknot
August 19th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Thank you Sister, and Namaste.

kensington
August 19th, 2016, 06:24 PM
I know that Marilyn has personal health issues and family health issues that affect the way she reacts to things. When you're under stress, it's sometimes hard to take a deep breath and let things go. She and I both know that the breaths don't come so easy anyway when you have lung issues. ;) I just wish that she and others could see that we all bring something good to the party here, and hopefully, take something good away. There is gravy from time to time, and some of it can be pretty icky, but that's just the way it goes. If everyone could take to heart the "Be kind" message that is a part of this forum, and recognize the fact that we are all fighting a hard battle, maybe things like this won't happen so often. We control the way we react to other posters, it is on each one of us to remember that, and not point fingers at others.

I value every member of this board, and I'd love to see less of the us vs. them mentality, and more of the US.

Namaste, my friends. For anyone who doesn't understand that here you go:

I take exception with this comment. It's out of line and rude. You really do NOT know Marilyns situation and or if it affects how she reacts to rude, snarky comments.

First you said you know snarky happens basically, but then you go on to say it must be her health that causes her to take exception to snarky.

There really are people who live bitter and find themselves superior enough to make comments here that really are baiting and on any other forum would get them banned. Yes, there is a subforum for noting issues with shipments or product, etc. There is no forum for threads that mock or insult M*... if there is... I have not seen it. And of course those who see the comments and jump right in there to agree or speak comments here that should be taken up with M*. Not us. Please don't try to tell me that those comments are meant to inform M* in a constructive way. That is what she is speaking about.

I'll give you an example, because I have no shame... The recent thread about M* not being the best deal. WHO CARES? It was just to put down M*. And others were glad to see it.

If you are going to lecture the rest of us on how we should react or what we say, Please keep your remarks above the belt, and don't poke the tiger.

I noticed Shirleyknot came right in to thank you for your comments. Go figure.

SisterDi
August 19th, 2016, 07:49 PM
I take exception with this comment. It's out of line and rude. You really do NOT know Marilyns situation and or if it affects how she reacts to rude, snarky comments.

First you said you know snarky happens basically, but then you go on to say it must be her health that causes her to take exception to snarky.

There really are people who live bitter and find themselves superior enough to make comments here that really are baiting and on any other forum would get them banned. Yes, there is a subforum for noting issues with shipments or product, etc. There is no forum for threads that mock or insult M*... if there is... I have not seen it. And of course those who see the comments and jump right in there to agree or speak comments here that should be taken up with M*. Not us. Please don't try to tell me that those comments are meant to inform M* in a constructive way. That is what she is speaking about.

I'll give you an example, because I have no shame... The recent thread about M* not being the best deal. WHO CARES? It was just to put down M*. And others were glad to see it.

If you are going to lecture the rest of us on how we should react or what we say, Please keep your remarks above the belt, and don't poke the tiger.

I'm sorry you took my post the way you did. I'd try to explain myself better, but I don't know if I can at this point. I should have said "may affect the way she reacts to things", but I didn't. My bad. I also didn't say that it "must be her health".

What I know about people here at these forums is based only on what I read. I choose to assume better about people and their intentions until they show me otherwise. At least, I try to. I certainly didn't mean to lecture, and I only mentioned Marilyn at all because this thread is about her. I understand how those of you who have met each other IRL, and met the Doans, feel the need to circle the wagons when you perceive a threat. Those of us outside the circle are just as important to that business, and to these forums. We aren't a threat to anything but the status quo.

Doloris
August 19th, 2016, 08:52 PM

talk about a snarky post, this is it !!!!!

shirleyknot
August 19th, 2016, 10:03 PM

THANK YOU!

kensington
August 19th, 2016, 11:21 PM

This was a rebuttal to an individual and remarks she made. And, you know I just really don't care what you think Dolores. It wasn't to you or about you. What people who haven't been here a long time may not realize is that you have posted crap to me many times... And I just don't care anymore. I was honest and stated plainly... I was going to say what I thought, I had no shame. I was clear. The comment about Marilyn's health was uncalled for.

But, what made me mad was that Shirley... pot stirrer that she has been since her first day here, came right in and thanked her for her insensitive comments. Just like she thanked you for jumping in. It is what it is... I don't mind naming names. She barks on Marilyn's heels any chance she gets. What I should do is post the PM's she sent me when she attacked me.

kaydee
August 19th, 2016, 11:27 PM
I hate to see Auntiemern leave, even if it is temporary. I always appreciate her very knowledgeable quilting posts, and they will be missed.

However, I have to say I don't agree with her reasoning. I do not think posts that are perceived as critical of M* are attacking the family. I also don't think they are a bad thing. If I owned a business, those are the threads I would read very carefully to see if there is some way I could adjust some aspect of my business (marketing, customer service, sales, pricing, product adjustment, etc) to grow my business.

For example, that thread about shopping around would be a gold-mine of info for a business like M*. Perhaps M* already pays for such marketing analysis (which costs thousands of $$), but if they don't, that thread provided a pretty good array of comments, some of which might be of interest to M*, even if such comment is perceived as negative by forum participants.

Also, as another example, comments about irregular-sized precuts would interest me as a quilt store owner. Perhaps I hadn't noticed the irregularity. Once a forum participant "complained" about it and brought it to my attention, I could then take whatever action I find appropriate (discontinue the line, or include a warning in the item description, etc.). Also, by warning other M* customers about such irregularity, such a post would warn those who find such irregularity unacceptable to stay away from that line (thus, limiting the number of frustrated customers who care about such things).

Posts about lousy shipping experiences might lead me as a store owner to select a different shipping provider, at least for that part of the country.

Also, while there may be a few posters who don't purchase from M* (for whatever reason), they actually could be supporting the business if they even tell one or two other people about the forum and lead those people to M*. Word of mouth is invaluable.

So, again, I don't think anyone is attacking the Doan's personally. I really don't ever recall seeing any post that attacks the owners.

Auntiemern, make it a short sabbatical. You will be missed!

I also learned early to block a couple of people. Really, if someone bugs you, try that blocking feature.

kensington
August 19th, 2016, 11:33 PM
The truth is Kaydee, some comments or threads are just as you say... some are concerns and some are not. The thing about Marilyn is, she can spot the difference in a minute, and those who are doing it. She is not the only one.

It's within the threads about product etc, that the jeering is slipped in. Or the baiting.

And I too realize not everyone sees every thread or the comments she speaks of.

kensington
August 19th, 2016, 11:38 PM
THANK YOU!

Oh, why don't you go haunt somewhere else.

(Hows that for snarky?)

kaydee
August 19th, 2016, 11:48 PM
Kensington, point made. I do not read through all the posts in those threads. Like the shipping ones - - I get a "kick" out of reading what contortions USPS performs to get something delivered (though I feel sorry for the purchaser). I read the first post, and a couple after that, and that's probably it. Likewise for the irregular pre-cuts. So perhaps things do turn nasty later in the threads. In that case, I'd go back to Bubba's suggestion: block the offenders.

mamo69
August 19th, 2016, 11:53 PM
kensington------ My post regarding "best deal" was not in any way putting down MSQ. Read what I have said and the questions within or just look what I posted later within that thread.
DO NOT bring me into you battle with others. Please tell me how my orginal post regarding "best deal" put MSQ down! Hmmm thought I was very forward saying how good the selections are. If that is a put down then you are speaking a different language than I.

kensington
August 19th, 2016, 11:55 PM
Kaydee..

I agree. I am probably being blocked right now by someone. :icon_crazy::icon_angry:

kensington
August 19th, 2016, 11:59 PM
kensington------ My post regarding "best deal" was not in any way putting down MSQ. Read what I have said and the questions within or just look what I posted later within that thread.
DO NOT bring me into you battle with others. Please tell me how my orginal post regarding "best deal" put MSQ down! Hmmm thought I was very forward saying how good the selections are. If that is a put down then you are speaking a different language than I.

I will if you will... Read more comments I mean. Because I also clarified that a lot of the times posts that come later in a topic are the ones that upset people. I never said you at all. Or your name. I named a name, but it wasn't you.

However, there were comments in your thread. And I think the title or topic started it. Sorry. But, I do.

kaydee
August 20th, 2016, 12:02 AM
Kensington, I was thinking at the time I hit "post" that a few people would probably take my advice and block me!