PDA

View Full Version : Are the Night Owls all tucked in their nests?

stationarymom
August 18th, 2016, 01:47 AM
I haven't seen any Night Owls in a while so I was wondering where everyone went?There isn't much happening here as usual.My sister called me last night ,does anyone know how you can get a restraining order from Massachusetts if you lived in Oklahoma?My nephews gf took his baby while he was off on a business trip and only left him a text.The gf went to court here in Ma and got a restraining order against him and now she's looking for child support.The whole situation is a big mess.I hope everyone here is fine.

Hulamoon
August 18th, 2016, 02:29 AM
Oh dear Joan, that's awful. I don't know how she can get support if they aren't married. Sounds like he needs to get a lawyer. So sad.

I'm just going to catch up on the Olympics. And what a weird story that the swimmers might be lying about being robbed. They took two of them off a plane and being questioned and one can't be found. How stupid if they did that.

K. McEuen
August 18th, 2016, 02:40 AM
You don't have to be married to seek child support, just have to have a child. As far as restraining orders, I do believe they are issued where ever you are when you file for one.

Not a lot going on here, getting ready to hit the hay shortly. Hope to sew some tomorrow.

bubba
August 18th, 2016, 02:55 AM
He needs to contact an attorney. There have to be good reasons for getting a restraining order issued. Believe me, I know! Also, it is not valid until it has been served.

Judy, USMC
August 18th, 2016, 04:19 AM
Oh my! Wish I had some advice ... but I know nothing about interstate legal matters. I do wish him well, though.

Still watching the Olympics and tending to the laundry when the commercials come on. OOps dryer buzzer just went off ... and a commercial is on! Perfect timing. Y'all stay safe - see you tomorrow night.

LauraP
August 18th, 2016, 04:43 AM
Sitting here trying to see the same color stitches in this quilt top I'm tearing apart. I bought it at a second hand/antique store hoping that the foxing from mildew would come out. Unfortunately it didn't all come out so I am unpicking the sashing seams so I can reuse the cute sunbonnet sue blocks. The sashing material they used has raveled quite bad so it will all have to be replaced. I made a 30's flowered quilt top by sewing a layer cake together and want these blocks for the other side so the quilt will be reversible. I am hoping to get it done by Saturday so my DH can give it to his aunt for her birthday present. It will be 60 x 60 so a good sized lap quilt.
Can't keep my eyes from crossing so I think I will go to bed.

TMP
August 18th, 2016, 04:44 AM
Hi everyone,

Can't sleep again. My new med is giving me head aches, nausea and what I am guessing is heart burn. I have called the doctor . He says it will go away in two weeks, its been over a month and I still have these problems. I can handle them all except the nausea. So to distract myself I'm rearranging my fabric. Now I am wishing I had never pulled all this mess out. There is nothing here on TV but info commercials.

I agree with Bubba , Joan he needs to contact an attorney and make sure his rights to his child are protected.

Well guess I'm going to go back and try to clean up the mess I made before DH gets up. I hope everyone has a great morning

kimsophia
August 18th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Hoot hoot, once again I am falling asleep around 10. Did a little weed pulling last night and checked some of my milkweed plants for eggs and found several, so hopefully the monarch population will be rebounding! I brought them in to raise. I'm doing a little more stitching but this part of the sampler is a one by one thread area so very tiny and I use my magnifier. Happy Thursday, everybody.