PDA

View Full Version : Leaving of Auntiemern

Rhonda D. Matzker
August 17th, 2016, 11:55 PM
I know that I don't post a great deal on the forum and I think it is sad that the negative attitude of some members have resulted in one of our beloved members to decide to leave the forum because of so much negativity. I don't understand why people have to be so mean and nasty on here. If you don't have anything nice to say you should just be quiet and not say anything instead of ruining a once great forum.

Hulamoon
August 18th, 2016, 12:04 AM
Missed where she said that:icon_beuj: There have been a few strange threads lately though.

Rhonda D. Matzker
August 18th, 2016, 12:17 AM
she didn't say it on here-just sad that she left

SuzyQue
August 18th, 2016, 12:53 AM
I am sorry to hear this and hope she will reconsider. It is sad to know that the attitudes and words of a few, cause pain to others. I am happy to consider Marilyn a friend. This forum has been through some rough times and it is not what it once was, nor what the Doan's would want it to be! I love being able to check in, see what others are up to, seek friendships, get answers, etc. I hate when drama interferes with the true purpose of this forum. I don't know why we can't act like ladies and gents on here and consider others before we write mean remarks.

Juliet Taylor
August 18th, 2016, 02:57 AM
She was so sweet! I'm sad she doesn't feel welcomed here before!
LAtely I haven't been very present here but I'm sad this happened :(

Iris Girl
August 18th, 2016, 05:23 AM
I have missed her input her for awhile. I am still in touch as I will continue to make Quilts for her group. People are just plain nasty and really need to look in the mirror before opening there mouths. I work retail and see so much of this it makes me hate what people are becoming. Marilyn we love you!

KarenC
August 18th, 2016, 08:17 AM
I 've been here for about a year and have even taken a few breaks. Yes lately, I have noticed some nasty unnecessary comments. I just have to shake my head. I enjoy this forum and find most people are positive.

Suzette
August 18th, 2016, 08:59 AM
If you don't have anything nice to say you should just be quiet and not say anything instead of ruining a once great forum.

While I totally agree that some have been purposefully nasty, in no way do I believe this forum has been ruined. The majority are kind, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and have lovely manners and social skills. The opposite of all that comes from a small minority here.

Sadly, good people leaving lets them win and if too many do that, they will take over and ruin this forum. Let's stay strong, united and continue to enjoy the forum. Usually the very best way to get rid of the trouble makers is to ignore them. With no audience they disappear like a fart in the wind. (Sorry, I know that's a bit crass, but my elderly southern neighbor (whom I loved dearly!) used that saying a lot and it always kind of tickled me.)

Vonnie
August 18th, 2016, 09:16 AM
Sorry to see her leave the forum. Someone a while back was aggravated and talked about the ignore option? Does anyone know how to do that? Maybe that's an option for Marilyn.

WendyI
August 18th, 2016, 10:37 AM
While I totally agree that some have been purposefully nasty, in no way do I believe this forum has been ruined. The majority are kind, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and have lovely manners and social skills. The opposite of all that comes from a small minority here.

Sadly, good people leaving lets them win and if too many do that, they will take over and ruin this forum. Let's stay strong, united and continue to enjoy the forum. Usually the very best way to get rid of the trouble makers is to ignore them. With no audience they disappear like a fart in the wind. (Sorry, I know that's a bit crass, but my elderly southern neighbor (whom I loved dearly!) used that saying a lot and it always kind of tickled me.)

Agree completely! There is no need to be cruel or unkind to people. If you don't like what someone says, or don't agree with them, shut up and move on. It's not like we're all in a room together and that would be awkward.

grammaterry
August 18th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Maybe we should get a category to post in that says something like "Negative rants & drama" and we could all just avoid that section.

Carlie Wolf
August 18th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Maybe we should get a category to post in that says something like "Negative rants & drama" and we could all just avoid that section.

LOL yeah that's a good one.

jjkaiser
August 18th, 2016, 02:11 PM
I don't understand this. I think everyone here on the Forum is pretty nice and well behaved. I don't see any snarky comments, certainly nothing that would make me want to leave. I check in here daily, so I must be missing something?

geegeequilts
August 18th, 2016, 02:46 PM
People that purposely say something snarky (love that word) should have their posts pulled immediately. The snark folks will continue as long as someone responds to them. The snarks of the world love to hear themselves & see their words in print. Don't give them that kind of power.

Gina

kensington
August 18th, 2016, 04:55 PM
I don't understand this. I think everyone here on the Forum is pretty nice and well behaved. I don't see any snarky comments, certainly nothing that would make me want to leave. I check in here daily, so I must be missing something?

Be glad to show you where they are. LOL.

Sylvia H
August 18th, 2016, 06:34 PM

This has been my experience as well.

Preeti
August 21st, 2016, 10:25 AM
Well, I have noticed the "not-so-nice" comments from some folks. But I choose to ignore them. My favorite word - NEXT.
I have received so much love, support and encouragement on this forum that I refuse to let a few bad comments ruin it :-)

mommadeb
August 21st, 2016, 05:52 PM
I don't let a few deter me either. If someone is really nasty, I just block them. The good outweigh the bad on here.

Snip Snip
August 21st, 2016, 06:16 PM
I don't know how long this forum has been here, but I have noticed with other forums that there seems to be an expiration date. At some point, the interesting, generous people quit posting, and the rest hang around and try to resurrect it, but the spark is gone. Not saying this forum is there, and I hope it never gets there, just saying nothing lasts forever.
As for snarky people, the distance and anonymity of the internet allows people to say things they wouldn't say to your face. And if they did say it to your face, their body language would soften the effect.
Not only do we need to be careful what we say, we need to be careful what we "hear."

SisterDi
August 21st, 2016, 06:23 PM
I don't know how long this forum has been here, but I have noticed with other forums that there seems to be an expiration date. At some point, the interesting, generous people quit posting, and the rest hang around and try to resurrect it, but the spark is gone. Not saying this forum is there, and I hope it never gets there, just saying nothing lasts forever.
As for snarky people, the distance and anonymity of the internet allows people to say things they wouldn't say to your face. And if they did say it to your face, their body language would soften the effect.
Not only do we need to be careful what we say, we need to be careful what we "hear."

Indeed!

I've seen a few boards blow up in my day....it's not fun. We named one "Switzerland" after the big war ended to remind ourselves to try and remain neutral.